Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    craig96 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    328
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 34 Times in 30 Posts

    Default Blogger - Is Something Going On?

    A few months back I started a blogger account and I know that a while back everyone was going on about how quick blogs got indexed and that if you started a new blog it could get indexed with an hour. Even Matt C said that a blog is a great way to start a site.

    My blog did get indexed finally and when I post new posts they usually do get indexed but it can take upto a week and maybe longer.

    Has Google devalued blogs or how they index them? Do they have a filter that checks how often you posts new posts or somthing?

    Any advice/experiences would be great.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    ck8795 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Having a blog doesnt guarantee you anything, otherwise everyone would just use blogs.

    Lack of indexing usually has to do with links, internal and external. Can't expect google to crawl it if it can't find it.

  3. #3
    best.hands is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Posts
    275
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 36 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craig96 View Post
    My blog did get indexed finally and when I post new posts they usually do get indexed but it can take upto a week and maybe longer.
    I also experience this problem, but that was back when I was still a noob. With my experience behind me now, I can say that you have not done or you're not doing the things that would make your blog get the spider's attention each and every second. Since the day I learned how to get spiders to crawl and index my contents just a few seconds after publishing it, I repeated the process over and over. Faster content indexing is usually influenced by the following.
    - number of backlinks, especially dofollow and those coming from quality and high traffic sites. This means you need to build links.
    - GWT (google webmaster tool) feed/sitemap submission. This means you need to submit and verify your site to google through GWT.

    If you can't get people to bookmark or share your new post to others, you may do it yourself by sharing it through your profiles on facebook, linkedin, twitter, delicious, and many other popular social media sites.

    You can also have your blog feed submitted to rss syndication sites. Spiders usually check on these type of sites every hour, if not every second, as they aggregate fresh contents into one place from different sources. Spiders love fresh contents. So, submitting your blog feed to these sites can help your site indexing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •