Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    saviourdlima is offline New Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default What is Web Spam?

    I am new to this forum as well as SEO. I have heard people use the word Web Spam very often. What the hell does it mean? What is the threshold limit of a site? And if a site crosses this limit, does it amount to spam? Also, what about affiliate websites? When do they come in the scenario? I think I am receiving various kinds of messages from Google. I want to get it all right. To the best of my knowledge, web spam involves repeating irrelevant phrases to manipulate your search engine ranking. Am I right?

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,976
    Thanks
    4,537
    Thanked 9,295 Times in 5,979 Posts

    Default

    Spam on sites can take many different forms and it is more complicated then just repeating irrelevant phrases.

    Spamming keywords on pages especially when unrelated to the main content of the page can be seen as spam.

    Having too high a keyword density can be seen as spam even if the keywords with the too high a density fit within the theme of the page.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyword_density

    Keyword stuffing will be seen as spam. Googles definition:
    http://www.google.com/support/webmas...n&answer=66358

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  3. #3
    best.hands is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Posts
    275
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 36 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    You might as well want to visit the wikipage for spam for a complete understanding as well as learn the list of activities that results to spamming the web - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_%28electronic%29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •