Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default Trailing Slash on HP Internal Links?

    So I have always linked to my homepage by putting a trailing slash after the url, however when my site appears in a browser it does not have the trailing slash. Have I been doing this wrong all this time? Does it matter? In looking at some other websites, I see in their internal linking they do not link to their HP with a trailing slash so thinking maybe I should not be doing that either.

    Now I am linking to my homepage like xxhttps://www.abc.com/ but should I be linking to my homepage like xxhttps://www.abc.com

    Thoughts?

    Thanks - Travis
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,994
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    It should not matter, but once you decide on which to use, stick with it.

    https://webmasters.googleblog.com/20...-to-slash.html
    https://searchfacts.com/url-trailing-slash/

    I find it interesting that searchfacts recommends redirecting the one not used.

    Rick
    Universal4

  3. #3
    lukef1tz's Avatar
    lukef1tz is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2020
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Yep, if your trailing slash version redirects to the non-trailing slash version, then link to the non-trailing (and be consistent with it)

    Linking to pages that redirect to another page slows down your server speed and increases the number of requests made by a crawler on your site.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •