Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    GaGaGirl's Avatar
    GaGaGirl is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Location
    Skelleftea, Sweden
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Question Reciprocal link not being found in directory submissions for WP site

    Hi,

    So I have a weird problem and I can't seem to find the google answer. I was trying to submit my site to some gambling niche directories for free with a reciprocal link. However even though I clearly add the link it cannot be found automatically by the submission page.

    The page is located at http://www.play3dpokeronline.net/links/

    It is a wordpress site, and Gambling Site Directory wrote me this:

    Unfortunately our directory doesn't recognise links that use javascript encoding. Looking at the source code from your page (http://www.play3dpokeronline.net/links/) it doesn't match the HTML code we recommend using for links.

    YOUR CODE:
    Code:
    Make money from your gambling website by joining the best <a onclick="javascript:pageTracker._trackPageview('/outgoing/www.gamblingaffiliateprograms.co.uk');"  href="http://www.gamblingaffiliateprograms.co.uk">Gambling  Affiliate Programs</a> currently online. Compare the best casino,  poker, bingo and sports betting affiliate programs.
    RECOMMENDED CODE:
    Code:
    Make money from your gambling website by joining the best <a href="http://www.gamblingaffiliateprograms.co.uk">Gambling  Affiliate Programs</a> currently online. Compare the best casino,  poker, bingo and sports betting affiliate programs
    .


    However in WP the code is normal. I have no idea what to do, any help would be appreciated. They were nice enough to manually add the link for me, but it will be very time consuming to manually request this with all the sites I think.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    fossil is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Gaga,

    The code is the Google Analytics outbound click tracking added by your Ultimate Google Analytics plugin. If it gives you an option to turn off outbound click tracking, it will remove the code (and the functionality).

    -F

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to fossil For This Useful Post:

    GaGaGirl (20 April 2011)

  4. #3
    GaGaGirl's Avatar
    GaGaGirl is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Location
    Skelleftea, Sweden
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    OMG, thank you so much! That is easy to turn it off when I'm doing the submissions and back on again when I'm done. Thanks again!

  5. #4
    GaGaGirl's Avatar
    GaGaGirl is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Location
    Skelleftea, Sweden
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Oj, I turned it off and it still didn't work. I don't think I would need to wait that long after turning it off?

    any other suggestions?

    thx

  6. #5
    fossil is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Did you turn off just the feature or the entire plugin? Have you tried disabling the plug-in?

  7. #6
    allfreechips's Avatar
    allfreechips is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Ohio - The taxing state
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 831 Times in 525 Posts

    Default

    And if you turn it back on after you get accepted i hope they all blacklist your domain. Just saying.
    AFC MEDIA LLC COMPLETE GAMING AFFILIATE SOLUTION
    Statsfetch.com
    secure / powerful inexpensive stats fetch system - Free for 20 provers always
    Allmediamatter
    Interface for casino owners/managers to add their affiliates and brands to feed ezcasinoaff
    Allfreechips -
    My 24 year old SEO casino site

  8. #7
    fossil is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    And just what would they blacklist her site for?

    Gaga's plug-in is adding a Javascript tracking code to the link, it's not altering the link at all as far as SEO value or SEO anchor text is concerned. The only reason that she's having issues is because the script that checks for presence of a link doesn't assume anything else is the link code except the href, I bet if Gaga wanted to add a target= or title= to the link code, it would also throw the crawler for a loop.

  9. #8
    thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,225
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

    Default

    gagagirl, just my opinion but it really isnt worth adding your site to any directories that require a link back. your time could be a lot better spent

  10. #9
    GaGaGirl's Avatar
    GaGaGirl is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Location
    Skelleftea, Sweden
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Hi fossil,

    Yes, I turned off the java script within the plug in and also completely disabled the plug in and it didn't work

    @allfreechips, no reason to blacklist me, I'm not removing their links, their crawler just can't find them

    @thebookiesoffers, do you have any other suggestions link building wise? I love SEO, everyone says something different. Link exchange is worthless, link exchange is great if with relevant sites. I can't afford to buy links at this point, so I need to do manual anything. I can look for directories that don't require a link back, but those are far and few in between.

    I can do social bookmarking, I have a list of 100 sites with dofollow, but I have no idea how they accept gambling links (though it is all about testing, right?)

    I could also do the web 2.0 profile submissions, I have some program for that but the program is way complicated and it seems like I can spend my time better doing something else then figuring out how that stupid program works.

    I'm totally open to suggestions. SEO for gambling sites is way different then for regular sites.

    Thx everyone!

  11. #10
    allfreechips's Avatar
    allfreechips is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Ohio - The taxing state
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 831 Times in 525 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fossil View Post
    And just what would they blacklist her site for?

    Gaga's plug-in is adding a Javascript tracking code to the link, it's not altering the link at all as far as SEO value or SEO anchor text is concerned. The only reason that she's having issues is because the script that checks for presence of a link doesn't assume anything else is the link code except the href, I bet if Gaga wanted to add a target= or title= to the link code, it would also throw the crawler for a loop.
    My Bad, I see it retains the reg url as well, I assuimed it was a jump point tracking I Apologize
    AFC MEDIA LLC COMPLETE GAMING AFFILIATE SOLUTION
    Statsfetch.com
    secure / powerful inexpensive stats fetch system - Free for 20 provers always
    Allmediamatter
    Interface for casino owners/managers to add their affiliates and brands to feed ezcasinoaff
    Allfreechips -
    My 24 year old SEO casino site

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •