Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. #1
    RGLTD is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2017
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Default Where do you all go to find your writers?

    I have been producing content at a reasonable rate for online casino portals for a while now. Most of these clients have just 'found me', which is fantastic and all, but I want to find more. I have emailed some portals directly, but nobody ever responds.

    Is there a special place you all congregate? I have tried UpWork, PPH and Freelancer, but finding the casino gigs is like a needle in a haystack (I enjoy writing for you lads and ladies, nobody ever causes trouble and you all pay on time)

    So, anywhere you lot are picking up your writers? Other than the 'other marketing offers' section on this site. I see people complaining all over Affiliate Guard Dog that they can't find a quality writer. There I am, 100% British, 100% willing to offer them competitive rates. NOTHING! Nobody ever answers the contact form on their website.
    Last edited by RGLTD; 5 July 2017 at 10:17 pm.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RGLTD For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (12 July 2017), PromoteCasino (6 July 2017)

  3. #2
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGLTD View Post
    ...I have emailed some portals directly, but nobody ever responds....

    ...NOTHING! Nobody ever answers the contact form on their website....
    Yeah so contact forms and out of the blue emailing isn't probably going to get you that far. We get hundreds of emails a week pitching content, web design, links, programs etc... no way we would respond to all of them. Plus for every 100 we get maybe one would be from someone with something useful to offer.

    We use PPH and Upwork from time to time, but for igaming most of the people we work with have been found through forums (here, AGD, PAL and various others) or introductions.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (6 July 2017), BestBonusBets (12 July 2017), PROFRBcom (6 July 2017), universal4 (6 July 2017)

  5. #3
    RGLTD is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2017
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    Yeah so contact forms and out of the blue emailing isn't probably going to get you that far. We get hundreds of emails a week pitching content, web design, links, programs etc... no way we would respond to all of them. Plus for every 100 we get maybe one would be from someone with something useful to offer.

    We use PPH and Upwork from time to time, but for igaming most of the people we work with have been found through forums (here, AGD, PAL and various others) or introductions.
    Thanks!

    Yeah. I tried AGD earlier. Already have three people looking to buy, so it is a good start!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to RGLTD For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (12 July 2017)

  7. #4
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,872
    Thanks
    2,043
    Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,324 Posts

    Default

    I don't place any "I am looking for a content writer"-ads because that results in dozens of spam emails of content spinners. Usually, I check at forums if people are offering content services.

    I consider it difficult to find good content writers that know a bit about SEO, are writing interesting articles & reviews and that do not make too much errors.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Triple7 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (6 July 2017), BestBonusBets (12 July 2017), PROFRBcom (6 July 2017)

  9. #5
    RGLTD is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2017
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    That is why I have been looking more into casino writing. I have been doing it for a LONG time now (as I mentioned in the first post, I think). In the past couple of weeks, as I have ventured deeper and deeper into the world of affiliate marketing, I keep seeing casino portals constantly complain that it is tough to find quality writers. That is why I am trying to make a big push into this industry. Beats writing about weight loss products 24/7.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to RGLTD For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (12 July 2017)

  11. #6
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple7 View Post
    I don't place any "I am looking for a content writer"-ads because that results in dozens of spam emails of content spinners. Usually, I check at forums if people are offering content services.
    Yes, exactly. I'd never post a content wanted thread unless I was looking for something really specific (ie: a writer from a particular area). Normally we'd only reply to posts by writers looking for work, but only if the post reads well - you can tell a lot about a writer from how they carry themselves on a forum.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (6 July 2017), BestBonusBets (12 July 2017), PROFRBcom (6 July 2017), Triple7 (6 July 2017)

  13. #7
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,872
    Thanks
    2,043
    Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,324 Posts

    Default

    Yes, true. Also, I check the how many time they promote themselves. Content writers that bug all the time at Skype they have some slots left... I don't know. A good writers has his or her slots full I guess

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Triple7 For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (12 July 2017)

  15. #8
    MannyBetting's Avatar
    MannyBetting is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    England
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 109 Times in 44 Posts

    Default

    Completely agree with the sentiments regarding contact forms. Since most of the pitches you get through those come from Indian spammers, the default response when you receive a message offering content writing, logo design, web design or worse still SEO, is to delete it. That means unfortunately genuine offers like your own get missed.

    This thread is probably going to get you far more work than a day of pitching via contact forms, so I would say your time is better spent sticking to the forums.

    So on that note, do you write sports content as well or do you prefer to stick to casino stuff?

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MannyBetting For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (12 July 2017), PromoteCasino (6 July 2017)

  17. #9
    Moonlight Cat's Avatar
    Moonlight Cat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Posts
    1,986
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,234
    Thanked 1,181 Times in 675 Posts

    Default

    UpWork

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Moonlight Cat For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (12 July 2017)

  19. #10
    good4bonus's Avatar
    good4bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    portugal
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 102 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    i do not go anywhere
    i do my own writing based on my experience
    before be affiliate, i was also player.
    the writes are made based in the experience i had while playing
    to give to the player correctly what he/she can expect in each brand

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to good4bonus For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (12 July 2017)

  21. #11
    RGLTD is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2017
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MannyBetting View Post
    Completely agree with the sentiments regarding contact forms. Since most of the pitches you get through those come from Indian spammers, the default response when you receive a message offering content writing, logo design, web design or worse still SEO, is to delete it. That means unfortunately genuine offers like your own get missed.

    This thread is probably going to get you far more work than a day of pitching via contact forms, so I would say your time is better spent sticking to the forums.

    So on that note, do you write sports content as well or do you prefer to stick to casino stuff?
    Most of the stuff I do is casino stuff now. I do dabble in sport news for a couple of websites from time to time, so no issues with that. Don't really go much beyond football, though.

    And you are right. This forum has resulted in me getting 5-6 PMs, and 4 on AGD too.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to RGLTD For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (12 July 2017)

  23. #12
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGLTD View Post
    And you are right. This forum has resulted in me getting 5-6 PMs, and 4 on AGD too.
    Glad it's worked out for you!
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (12 July 2017)

  25. #13
    Geomet's Avatar
    Geomet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Maybe it might already be too late, but i will comment anyway. Ever heard of Wattpad? A work-colleague uses it. It seems to be quite good. Plus the service providers are of all ages, experiences, and backgrounds, thus you could tailor it to your own needs. Plus they are required to put in work for exposure or critique. Whereas other websites are very community-based, i think this one is more content-based.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Geomet For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (12 July 2017)

  27. #14
    BestBonusBets's Avatar
    BestBonusBets is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2016
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    3,024
    Thanked 80 Times in 58 Posts

  28. #15
    Geomet's Avatar
    Geomet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    I have! Only for a little while, but I really liked it.

  29. #16
    MMM
    MMM is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    1,764
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked 719 Times in 502 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Floyduss View Post
    has anyone tried iwriter.com before?
    i did. wasn't the quality i needed. you need to test a lot before you find someone decent
    Best casinos to play slot machines online for real money. Reviews of best Real Money Casinos online.
    Check OnlineBlackjackExplorer for ratings of the best casinos to play blackjack online. Which games offer the lowest house edge, as well as free blackjack games, live dealer and mobile blackjack sites.

  30. #17
    Karri is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2015
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 44 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    I found a lot of clients via Upwork. From what I can tell the issue with that is two fold; only very few good clients and only few very good writers. I have gotten lucky a few times with excellent customers. Another way is to message affiliates/casinos directly, but that requires the necessary experience(ie. need to know who and what you are looking for). Perhaps the biggest source for me has been friends/acquaintances. Connections, as always and everywhere, rule absolute!

    Not finding good writers is mainly a self-inflicted wound; most affiliates pay between 1 - 5 cents per word which is just about enough to buy a pile of horseshit. The price is going up because Google is full of that tripe now(google free spins to see for yourself); however I haven't seen affiliates increase their "average price" considerably. This is why again I would suggest contacting casinos directly. Casinos tend to buy their content from content companies; they pay between 10-20 cents for this, but in effect the content companies pay the writer 1-2 cents per word, probably even less if they can. If you can give them a better deal they tend to take it...problem is finding someone who will listen.

    There's not too many writers on this field who know what they are actually writing about.

  31. #18
    ApostaGanha's Avatar
    ApostaGanha is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2007
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 63 Times in 48 Posts

  32. #19
    good4bonus's Avatar
    good4bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    portugal
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 102 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ApostaGanha View Post
    on my own forum
    em linguagem tuga
    lol

  33. #20
    ApostaGanha's Avatar
    ApostaGanha is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2007
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 63 Times in 48 Posts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •