View Poll Results: Pacquiao vs Algieri

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pacquiao

    8 100.00%
  • Algieri

    0 0%
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    sampendleton's Avatar
    sampendleton is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2014
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 34 Times in 27 Posts

    Default Pacquiao vs Algieri

    From the title itself..
    Who do you think will win the title on November 22?

    Just for fun!
    Vote now!

  2. #2
    p.arena is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    634
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 194 Times in 146 Posts

    Default

    Gotta go with Pacman. The real fight most boxing fans want to see is Mayweather vs Pacquiao.

    I just hope they don't drag it out too much longer. Pac is 35 years old and Mayweather is 37 already too.

    I mean Bernard Hopkins is 49 years old and fought a couple weeks back but people want to see them go head to head while they're still at or near their prime.

    Back to the main question though, Algieri is 20-0 and holds a title that he won from Provodnikov last fight and he is 5 yrs younger, taller and with a 14cm reach advantage over Pac so can't take him too lightly, but like the 1.10 betting odds suggest, Manny is a clear favourite and should get it done.

  3. #3
    AE-Stephen's Avatar
    AE-Stephen is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    June 2013
    Posts
    424
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 266 Times in 174 Posts

    Default

    Just going to echo what p.arena said above, its not the fight people want to see.

    If I was placing a bet though id be tempted to go with algieri, because as much as I think Pacman will win the odds are too good on Algieri. Its obvious Pac has other commitments at the minute and to me the only fight that would get him properly interested in the sport again would be Mayweather.

    Just to add, boxing as a sport is pretty dim, I know politics have always been involved but it seems like its gotten much worse over the last 10 years.

    The sport is owned by 2 people who would rather protect their fighters undefeated record than pitch them against fighters in or around their level of experience.

    The last fighter I remember fighting who he wanted, when he wanted was Tyson, he was a true great.

  4. #4
    Gamer's Avatar
    Gamer is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2014
    Posts
    437
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 198 Times in 132 Posts

    Default

    I am not fan of boxing sport.
    However, I also think Pacman will win.
    I am not going to gamble this time, no bets on boxing, I am amateur in this particular case.

  5. #5
    jarowe is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2014
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Pacquiao. Well summed up by P.Arena above!

  6. #6
    sampendleton's Avatar
    sampendleton is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2014
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 34 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    Pacman for me too because I am a fan. haha

    I actually haven't seen Algieri fight before but I can feel that he is a good fighter.
    I know he is taller than Manny but I'm sure it will not be an issue for Manny.
    I'm just hoping and expecting to have a clean good fight on 22.
    I can't wait any longer. If only I can watch it live! :P

  7. #7
    Casinorep's Avatar
    Casinorep is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2002
    Posts
    942
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 270 Times in 203 Posts

    Default

    Pacquiao

  8. #8
    betting 225 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2014
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Not seen much of Algieri but i think Pacquiao will win which should hopefully set up the fight we have all been waiting for - Manny vs Floyd Mayweather

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •