Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Trifonoff's Avatar
    Trifonoff is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 26 Times in 12 Posts

    Question Whose job is to make a list of markets in which an oparator works?

    It is so irritating to ask an operator in which markets they work and they to send you link to their T&C where there is a list of the restricted markets. I have to make a table myself - to exclude one by one the different markets so I can find one where to advertise a given company.

    My point is shouldn't these guys be so kind and make a list of their target markets themselves? As our industry is changing and getting more and more about geo-targeting I believe it should be a standard for every company to make and keep a list of markets where they operate.

    What do you think?

  2. #2
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,816 Times in 2,157 Posts

    Default

    I think it is a great idea. I think there are much more ideas that are great here on the forum, like the thread about IA where links do not work etc.

    I mean by that: those ideas are so great, that it would maybe pay off to someone to make some superaffiliate site with 2nd tier deals. I almost started to do it by myself, but I am too busy and on the verge of collapse, so I am giving out this idea for free. I am sure that even GPWA forum would approve link to that site, if that site really solves the problem for affiliates.

    For example I have developed the dead end tool which checks if the affiliate links do not end at 404's or whitepages etc...
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  3. #3
    F-L-C is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1,049
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked 335 Times in 256 Posts

    Default

    Have you tried to ask for a list of countries they do accept instead? As from my experience, helpful AM's will give this to you

  4. #4
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    If the list of countries not accepted is smaller (in our case FAR smaller) than the list of accepted countries, doesn't it make sense to rather keep those in a list? After all, you could just check if a country is on the excluded list and if not, assume it is accepted?

    Or am I missing something obvious here?
    It's possible. I'm running on little sleep.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  5. #5
    Trifonoff's Avatar
    Trifonoff is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 26 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    Normally, the operators has a list with restricted markets with 15-20 and more countries. As I explained I have to make a table and put country by country and after this I have to check which countries are not in this list. It shouldn't be my job it should be operators' job to make a list: "We focus on these countries..", "We also work with these countries.."
    My point is why the affiliate programs don't have such list published in their T&Cs. This is far more logical than the other way around..

  6. #6
    nwalker's Avatar
    nwalker is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    620
    Thanks
    196
    Thanked 456 Times in 270 Posts

    Default

    I wouldn't want to promote in a specific country if I hadn't checked with the program first, regardless of any list they might have published at some time.
    Restricted countries is different from Markets where they are successful. I maintain a spreadsheet of over 500 casinos and I have all the restricted / accepted countries logged for each.

    I then have another list that I maintain of the best traffic for each brand, I manually collected this and this is my competitive edge, so I can present the right brands to the right traffic.

    I consider this to be my job. It would be nice if the programmes gave me this info and updated it regularly, but I'm happy that they don't, so it gives an edge to those of us who wants to do this.

    You could alway contact all of your programs and ask them to do it, you'll have more success than posting in here and hoping they all see your post.
    Sold www.livecasinocomparer.com in April 2025 - Now retired

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to nwalker For This Useful Post:

    Trifonoff (30 June 2015)

  8. #7
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Accepted countries and target countries are two different things IMO.

    I'd never expect a program to list the countries that are most successful or that they target specifically over others in their T&Cs.

    As a side note, if you have a list of every country in the world (easily found on the internet), you could easily distinguish accepted countries from a not accepted list using a vlookup in excel. If you're not savvy in excel, another quick way you could do it is by pasting the not accepted list at the end of the "all countries" list and "remove duplicates". Then you are left with all accepted countries.

    There is so much text already in the T&Cs. It doesn't make sense to list 150+ countries where traffic is accepted vs 20 countries where it is not IMO.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    Trifonoff (30 June 2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •