Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    jctroy440's Avatar
    jctroy440 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Cancun, Mexico
    Posts
    272
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 58 Times in 46 Posts

    Default Web Host policy question

    I found this staement embedded in my 1&1 Web Hosting Service policy statement. Does this mean I cannot use them for my portal?

    1&1 Policy Statement
    The MySQL database may not be used for log evaluation operations, ad clicks, chat systems, banner rotations, or similar applications putting extreme loads on the database under any circumstances.

  2. #2
    jctroy440's Avatar
    jctroy440 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Cancun, Mexico
    Posts
    272
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 58 Times in 46 Posts

    Default No Panic

    I finally taked to someone with a brain at 1&1 and they told me it was OK to put up a portal site. They have several. The restriction they referred to was for abuse of their customer log in data base being used for extra storage amd it has no affect on my portal site.

  3. #3
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,994
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    I have responded to your pm's but will also state here again publicly.

    I would NEVER host a site with a web host that had those terms.

    I use fastclick for my link tracking etc, and the links and stats are stored in a mysql database.

    According to the terms of 1&1, I would be involation of their terms of service using fastclick on my site.

    They may "CLAIM" that it is ok, but if you are in violation, they can use the terms against yoiu at any time....(it's like joining an affiliate program that has a quota but tells you they won't use it against you....BS!!)

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    jctroy440 (15 August 2010)

  5. #4
    jctroy440's Avatar
    jctroy440 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Cancun, Mexico
    Posts
    272
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 58 Times in 46 Posts

    Default Deceptive advertising

    When I started building my site on their web builder I found I couldn't make a site map or add code. When I called them they said I have to pay an extra $50.00 plus $10.00 a month additional to "unlock" those features. These people suck!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •