Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default How to add noindex to feeds

    Hi all.

    On my one website I have a news section which I use WordPress for. In looking at my Google metrics, I am getting a listing of the feeds for all the posts, categories and tags which Google says cannot be indexed. So it is showing 81 pages which are crawled but cant be indexed. When I test the "live page" of the feed, it does then show it can be indexed. So.....

    Should I add a noindex tag to all of these feed pages or request indexing for all the pages? On a separate website somehow and the feed pages are already set and tagged noindex. I personally wouldn't think the feed should be in the Google index but just wondering what best practices are?

    Thanks for any help,

    Travis
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  2. #2
    Christiaan's Avatar
    Christiaan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 486 Times in 336 Posts

    Default

    Usually you don't index the feeds as it is the same content as the normal pages on your website.

    Instead of adding a noindex tag on all the seperate pages you could choose to put a line in your robots.txt which is usually easier. Or use a plugin like Yoast that does it for you.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Christiaan For This Useful Post:

    universal4 (25 February 2020)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •