We Had A Problem Here
------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
On October 23, 2004 - A criminal scored another target by deleting this entire forum. Nothing left what so ever. I can think of one reason only, why someone would do that to a posting forum and that is, a post must have been made against him that he didn't want anyone reading, so instead of just deleting the post, he decides to delete the forum. There are seven posters names that were deleted from our files.
The HACKER went in and used Lanidar2000, who is an Administrator to do his dirty work. Then before leaving Insom, he changed my password so that I couldn't log in!
It isn't costing Insomniacs Lounge one thing but a little time to put back the banners, links and forums and let the posting start again. I'm just relieved that what happened here isn't anything like what happened to this place:::
In February 2003, Russian organized crime scored another target by taking control of the largest Internet gaming enterprise that operates 120 gambling websites. The shutdown was devastating. According to Juan Bonilla, executive vice president of Softek, located in San Juan, Costa Rica, “The payoff to restore service was insignificant compared to loss of data containing names of customers and other operational records destroyed once the DOS attacks were unleashed.” In a miraculous feat, Bill Margeson, president of CBL Data Recovery Technologies, and staff technicians recovered the valuable data. They discovered the Russian criminals had bypassed firewalls and other security systems and inserted a virus into the five servers that Softek used for online operations. “It was akin to hacking into the Pentagon,” Margeson told investigators.
Now isn't that a shame, that something like that happened to the owner of Softek, located in San Juan Costa Rica, just horrible! And I'm sure he's such a great guy that he would never consider doing anything harmful against or to another person.
By the way, I checked the log files, and here is the IP of the person responsible for deleting Insomniacs Lounge 65.182.30.15. And what a coincidence, it traces back to Costa Rica.
I, Lanidar, also received this email last night:
"Hello John,
Please contact me at 1-888-824-6874 or give me a contact number where I can reach you.
Regards,
General Manager"
Strange, isn't it?
Jinnia and Lanidar


LinkBack URL
About LinkBacks
Reply With Quote

