Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default New Year's Resolutions

    Most people make them and a lot don't stick to them.

    Did you make any last year? What were they? Did you stick to them?
    What about for this year?

    Last year for me I made one and one only, and that was to get fit and healthy and improve in some of my hobbies. All achieved.

    The year before that I made one which was to go an entire year without McDonalds. Achieved that one too.

    This year I decided to call them goals instead of resolutions as most are improvements on stuff I have already done really.

    - Smile/laugh/dance more and stress less
    - Have more patience
    - Get stronger and leaner
    - Drink as little alcohol as possible
    - Be more strict with my eating
    - Do nice things for people for nothing in return
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  2. #2
    Casinorep's Avatar
    Casinorep is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2002
    Posts
    942
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 270 Times in 203 Posts

    Default

    Mine are to meet Renee and that bloke Martyn in person.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Casinorep For This Useful Post:

    Marit VS (7 January 2013)

  4. #3
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Casinorep View Post
    Mine are to meet Renee and that bloke Martyn in person.
    Interesting. When are you planning on doing that?
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  5. #4
    Casinorep's Avatar
    Casinorep is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2002
    Posts
    942
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 270 Times in 203 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    Interesting. When are you planning on doing that?
    When the time permits.

  6. #5
    SlotsAff is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2007
    Posts
    810
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 143 Times in 108 Posts

    Default

    Renee is very nice but meeting Martyn was a let down - only joking

    Both lovely people

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to SlotsAff For This Useful Post:

    Renee (2 January 2013)

  8. #6
    Maria F is offline No longer with Harbour Gaming Affiliates
    Join Date
    November 2010
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    2,406
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked 337 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    I won’t make any lists for 2013 and I will wing it, taking one day at the time. Let’s see how that works out for me.

  9. #7
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlotsAff View Post
    Renee is very nice but meeting Martyn was a let down - only joking

    Both lovely people
    Yeah I wouldnt put too much emphasis on meeting Martyn. He is a bit of a drag
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  10. #8
    SimonD's Avatar
    SimonD is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    - Get stronger and leaner
    A friend of mine is a daily gym-goer and he hates this time of year as the gym becomes overcrowded with people who have this resolution but luckily by about the 20th January they have all given up and/or lost interest and the calm is restored.

    He also says that they keep his membership fees down as a lot of them pay for a year in advance (probably as an incentive to keep going) but drop out.
    StanJames.com is one of the biggest, brightest and most trusted brands in online betting and gaming.

    Our affiliate partners can tap into a sports betting and gaming knowledge base that stretches back nearly forty years. Make sure you team up with us today.


  11. #9
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    I'm also a daily gym goer (there from between 5-5.30am each day).
    I have to say, there has been a few new years resolutions in the gym in the mornings but not as many as I expected.

    Actually there has been one guy with who I would assume is his wife. They stand across from each other looking at each other doing weights. Small weights, like 2-3kg. It's very creepy.

    Then there is another new guy who gets on the elliptical trainer on an incline of 10 and intensity of 1 and goes as hard as he possibly can. I'm not sure he realises that the 10 is the incline and not the intensity. The machine sounds like it's going to fall apart.

    I see one guy in there who is doing the same program as I am, but I noticed the last couple of days he doesn't do all the exercises or doesn't finish them. Last week he started, did 2 sets of something, sat there for about 15 mins looking at the dumbells and then left. Very strange.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  12. #10
    Casinorep's Avatar
    Casinorep is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2002
    Posts
    942
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 270 Times in 203 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    I'm also a daily gym goer (there from between 5-5.30am each day).
    I have to say, there has been a few new years resolutions in the gym in the mornings but not as many as I expected.

    Actually there has been one guy with who I would assume is his wife. They stand across from each other looking at each other doing weights. Small weights, like 2-3kg. It's very creepy.

    Then there is another new guy who gets on the elliptical trainer on an incline of 10 and intensity of 1 and goes as hard as he possibly can. I'm not sure he realises that the 10 is the incline and not the intensity. The machine sounds like it's going to fall apart.

    I see one guy in there who is doing the same program as I am, but I noticed the last couple of days he doesn't do all the exercises or doesn't finish them. Last week he started, did 2 sets of something, sat there for about 15 mins looking at the dumbells and then left. Very strange.
    That begs the question.. are you there to lift weights or weight watching others? LOL

  13. #11
    blendtec is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 75 Times in 58 Posts

    Default

    I didn't make any resolutions, the time on a clock or a number changing on a calendar isn't going to suddenly change my outlook / approach to certain things. Good thing to monetise though

  14. #12
    Maria F is offline No longer with Harbour Gaming Affiliates
    Join Date
    November 2010
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    2,406
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked 337 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blendtec View Post
    I didn't make any resolutions, the time on a clock or a number changing on a calendar isn't going to suddenly change my outlook / approach to certain things.
    I 100% agree with you!

  15. #13
    Marit VS's Avatar
    Marit VS is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    435
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 179 Times in 138 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    I'm also a daily gym goer (there from between 5-5.30am each day).
    My resolution is to get off my ass and get to the gym at 5.30 so I still have a full day ahead of me. I'm finding evening gym just eats away at the little time I have! However, as its week two and still not achieved it... I guess... probably... already failed hey?

    Might go for the whole 'Smile/laugh/dance more and stress less' - that one sounds pretty good and easier to achieve!

    And obviously, meeting Martyn at every conference is always one of my all time goals.
    Marit von Stedingk

    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams

    Lucky Mobile Slots
    Lucky Mobile Casinos
    Slotsumo.com

  16. #14
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Casinorep View Post
    That begs the question.. are you there to lift weights or weight watching others? LOL
    Well when they are right next to you and you have 45-60 seconds between sets, what else are you going to look at?
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  17. #15
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marit VS View Post
    My resolution is to get off my ass and get to the gym at 5.30 so I still have a full day ahead of me. I'm finding evening gym just eats away at the little time I have! However, as its week two and still not achieved it... I guess... probably... already failed hey?

    Might go for the whole 'Smile/laugh/dance more and stress less' - that one sounds pretty good and easier to achieve!
    It's never too late Mez. Tomorrow is another day.

    I will tell you that when I do a workout in the morning not only am I so energetic all day (and SUPER happy), but I sleep so much better at night. Of course there is the whole day ahead of you thing too. You don't have to worry about having to go at lunch or at night, or getting home and saying 'nope don't feel like it' then not going.
    And once you get up at that time every day it's hard not to get up at that time every other day. Even during my days off last week I was getting up at 5-5.30 and going to the gym. There was one day where I decided to go at 7 because another girl wanted to do our workout together and from 5 til when I got out of bed I actually dreamed of lifting weights. My brain was telling me I shouldn't be sleeping LOL.

    I also run a group fitness session on saturdays which is at 7am in a park near my house and usually on saturdays people ask me if I'm high because I'm so unbelievably happy from my workout. It really does start the day off awesome.

    As the saying goes, work out when you wake up before your brain realises what you're doing!

    And obviously, meeting Martyn at every conference is always one of my all time goals.
    I wonder who else has this odd resolution...

    I'll be honest, I can't wait to see Martyn in London. He will be helping me with one of my resolutions - laugh more
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    Marit VS (8 January 2013)

  19. #16
    Casinorep's Avatar
    Casinorep is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2002
    Posts
    942
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 270 Times in 203 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    Well when they are right next to you and you have 45-60 seconds between sets, what else are you going to look at?
    It was a joke. lol

  20. #17
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Yeah I know. I probably should stop looking at them though. They are really starting to creep me out. If she wasn't from another country I would suspect they were brother and sister. They look at each other in that creepy way. Almost like if Marcia and Greg Brady were having sex with each other. *shudder*
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •