Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Topboss is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 475 Times in 246 Posts

    Default TLD . Gaming - What do I do next

    Topboss owns the TLD .gaming and have done for quite a few years.
    It costs an arm and leg to renew it each year, so we have decided it is about time we started getting some income from it.
    Does anyone know where to start in order to start offering the domains to the public i.e mywebsite.gaming etc.
    I presume the first port of call would be to contact registrars?
    Does anyone have any knowledge or advice that could assist me, as I don't want to sit on it forever.
    Although it is supposed to be one of the "3rd generation TLD's" - it would be nice to start making some money from it.

  2. #2
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,520
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 674 Posts

    Default

    Hey Heather,

    That sounds cool...

    Have you ever tried using one yet? To see how it works? Would be good to know if that TLD gets traffic. There are so many good names you could use with that.. LOL

    Heck i would try a few to test out for you..

  3. #3
    Topboss is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 475 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    LOL, That's the problem - I have no idea where to start to set it up, so that it can be tested!!!
    I buy this stuff as investments but am pretty thick when it comes to the knowledge of how to actually use them!!!
    You see I am a banker by profession...what does a banker know about internet stuff?!!!
    I am surprised our company does as well as it does......

  4. #4
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,520
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 674 Posts

    Default

    Oh i See.. Yes that is interesting..

    Just for kicks - I will see if I can get some information on it for you.. Worth a shot to find out how you can get that going..

    Let you know what i find out..

  5. #5
    Topboss is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 475 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    Thanks Steve, But don't spend too much time on it. I don't expect you to do that. You are very kind

  6. #6
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,520
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 674 Posts

    Default

    No worries... I don't mind.

    After all, its you!!

  7. #7
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    Heather, just let me know and we can make dns entries for you in my dns servers.

    The biggest thing is that the root servers need to know how to handle it.

    There are 13 top level root servers, that answer for tld's. The root servers answer the name server question of any domain name.

    Let me give you an example.

    You open a browser and go to Topbossgroup.com

    This request goes to a root server.

    The root server answers with my name server. Then my name server answers with the ip address. The web server of whichever web server that site is on will answer, which happens to be web05.

    The financial aspect that you should be investigating is what the root servers need as far as handling host records tfor the TLD. (a host record is the record that tells top level what name server to get the actual domain name answer from....in the example above it answers with my name servers)

    There may also be other aspects that need to be investigated.... like whether or not there needs to be a singular name server for all .gaming domains.

    This could certainly lead to a very interesting discussion.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    GFPC (7 December 2009)

  9. #8
    casinojack's Avatar
    casinojack is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Under Anthony's bed.
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts

    Default

    I'm sure Rick, along with myself, know some registrars that can help get this project going.

    I had a good ICANN contact some time ago.

    Very interested here.
    "CasinoJack"


  10. #9
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,520
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 674 Posts

    Default

    Rick you are awesome!!!

    Our home tech!!!! Good job explaining things!!

  11. #10
    Topboss is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 475 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the explanation Rick...even I can understand that. Once I have checked a few other things out - we can certainly do that test. I appreciate the offer
    Casino Jack - I may just call on you for your icann contact - Thank You
    Chalkie - Thanks for your helpful pm - that's where I am going to start...
    Steve...Ahhh Dear Steve, what can I say.... you are just a honey

    Seriously Thanks guys - I now have enough info to get me going, and I plan to start this whole escapade next week...its going to be fun. I will certainly be in contact with you all and keep you posted as I go along .

    Thanks again

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •