Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    thepichi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default Online casino players preferences

    Hi all,

    I want to throw a question about casino players tendencies. I guess at some point you all had asked yourself about this. I would like to start a discussion about it, pls if you know any thread about this issue, let me know, I didn't find any at GPWA.

    The question is,

    Does a online casino player prefer once he/she register with an specific casino, keep making deposits every time at the same site

    or rather they like to shop around, taking any free and welcome bonuses available??

    What do you think about this?? I know there is not unique answer.

    I had discussion with my partner about this issue, and I told him, let's post it at GPWA and hear what our colleagues think about.

    Thanks for your time,

    thepichi

  2. #2
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    2,092
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 172 Times in 120 Posts

    Default

    I'm not an expert, but I can comment on how the players who come to the casinos I promote behave. I've noticed that most of the players who originally deposit low amounts like $10-20 sometimes don't redeposit that often (all players are valuable), whereas the larger depositors usually have a tendency to redeposit. I like push my favorite program, so I can't really declare anything too important about the cross promoting on different casinos.

    One other thing about player behavior is that I've noticed that the "male" orientated casinos don't convert as well with my readers as do the more "wholesome" casinos. That makes sense considering that the more "sensual" casinos that use half dressed women in promotions are alienating women to some degree.

  3. #3
    CityGuard's Avatar
    CityGuard is offline Former GPWA Program Manager
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,774
    Thanks
    442
    Thanked 673 Times in 393 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thepichi View Post
    ....every time at the same site or rather they like to shop around, taking any free and welcome bonuses available??
    I know Cryptologic did some research indicating that the typical player averages 3-4 different online casinos played at. This was done by a market research company rather than internally. eCOGRA's 2006-2007 study of online gamblers gives slightly different results, indicating the average casino player has visited more than 6 casinos in the proceding three months (although the difference could be based on "playing" vs. "visiting").

    The full eCOGRA report was posted online at the eCOGRA.org site initially, but with a quick look at the site I only found the press release (which has some summary findings) -- http://ecogra.org/news-details.aspx?OP=&NewsID=100.

    Here is another interesting excerpt from the eCOGRA study:
    Reasons for playing at specific casino sites
    The most important single motivator for playing at a particular casino site is its bonuses (75%), followed by game variety (62%), deposit method and reputation (both 56%) and then promptness of payouts (54%).
    I have left the industry and earned a law degree at Indiana University Bloomington, Maurer School of Law. Here are ways to stay in touch with me:
    > Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StevenCorfman
    > LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stevencorfman/
    > Skype: StevenCorfman
    > Phone: +1 617 785 9324

    Inquiries intended for an administrator or staff member can be directed to Anthony Telesca through the forum (username Anthony) or to the general contact address manager AT gpwa DOT org.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to CityGuard For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •