Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mmbute's Avatar
    mmbute is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default How does casinos linking to other affiliate sites affect SEO?

    Hi,

    when I was browsing around at a casino site today I found some links on their site wich leads to affiliate sites promoting other casinos. This might be common I don´t know I´m quite new to the industry but I find it a bit strange.

    So I have a few questions about this.

    1. How common is this in the industry ofcourse link building is but the fact that casinos link to affiliates?

    2. How does that affect SEO? If I promote/link to a casino on my site wich links to another affiliate site will that boost the other affiliate site?

    3. In theory if I send traffic to a casino wich leads them to another affiliate site then I´m sending a lead to a competitor or am I missing something here?

    This might be stupid questions I don´t know but hopefully I will get some answer to this.

  2. #2
    elgoog's Avatar
    elgoog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    851
    Thanks
    575
    Thanked 306 Times in 203 Posts

    Default

    Not a stupid question.
    i think such a link would be nice.
    But saw only once affiliatelinks on a casino site, many years ago.
    Are you sure those links where om a casino website?

  3. #3
    mmbute's Avatar
    mmbute is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elgoog View Post
    Not a stupid question.
    i think such a link would be nice.
    But saw only once affiliatelinks on a casino site, many years ago.
    Are you sure those links where om a casino website?
    Yes I'm 100% sure.

    Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk
    This is a great forum with great people!

  4. #4
    Miles_FTA's Avatar
    Miles_FTA is offline No longer with Fast Track
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,490
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 540 Times in 405 Posts

    Default

    @ mmbute Sorry are you saying you went onto a casino website and say clicked on a banner or link that belonged to say 888 and the link took you too a different casino ? ( casino names used as an example only ) or am i misreading your post a little ?

  5. #5
    mmbute's Avatar
    mmbute is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_FTA View Post
    @ mmbute Sorry are you saying you went onto a casino website and say clicked on a banner or link that belonged to say 888 and the link took you too a different casino ? ( casino names used as an example only ) or am i misreading your post a little ?
    Sorry if I was a bit unclear.

    I did not get redirected I found a link on a casino sites front page wich leads to a affiliate site.

    So..

    1. I visit a casino site wich I was promoting at the time.

    2. I look around and by accident I find a link wich leads to another affiliate.

    3. Wich means that if I send traffic to that casino my lead might also find that link (since it's on the front page) and leave the casino by that link and end up on a third site wich is another affiliate.


    Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk
    This is a great forum with great people!

  6. #6
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,413
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,255 Posts

    Default

    Sometimes if you write a good piece or a few articles about them you might get a link back.. I have had some from sportsbooke "thier blogs" but it's always got their name in the article that they link to


  7. #7
    mmbute's Avatar
    mmbute is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wonderpunter View Post
    Sometimes if you write a good piece or a few articles about them you might get a link back.. I have had some from sportsbooke "thier blogs" but it's always got their name in the article that they link to
    Okay yes that might be okay ofcourse. But I forgot to mention that this link was as the bottom on their start page and hidden under the word "promotions" wich is a common word to search for as a player when you enter a site to check for terms etc.

    And if the visitor search and find the word and thinks it leads to promotions and end up at a different site the chance is that they think the went back to were they came from and maybe picks another casino and there goes my lead to another affiliate.

    That can't be right can it?

    And also I put both time and money to succed and to boost my seo and this only makes my competitors stronger. So infact I pay with time and money to boost competitors wich dosent feel right.

    Or am I wrong?

    Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk
    This is a great forum with great people!

  8. #8
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    12,175
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,685 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmbute View Post
    Okay yes that might be okay ofcourse. But I forgot to mention that this link was as the bottom on their start page and hidden under the word "promotions" wich is a common word to search for as a player when you enter a site to check for terms etc.

    And if the visitor search and find the word and thinks it leads to promotions and end up at a different site the chance is that they think the went back to were they came from and maybe picks another casino and there goes my lead to another affiliate.

    That can't be right can it?

    And also I put both time and money to succed and to boost my seo and this only makes my competitors stronger. So infact I pay with time and money to boost competitors wich dosent feel right.

    Or am I wrong?

    Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk
    I would not be inclined to promote a brand who uses that particular tactic.

  9. #9
    mmbute's Avatar
    mmbute is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shay- View Post
    I would not be inclined to promote a brand who uses that particular tactic.
    Exactly I don't think anybody would if they knew.

    But there is probably a few here on this forum who is promoting right now (they are providing netent among other software) since I found the link yesterday.

    The casino have told me that they will remove the links and depending on what they reply to my last email I will consider name the casino.

    Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk
    This is a great forum with great people!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to mmbute For This Useful Post:

    F-L-C (30 September 2015)

  11. #10
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 779 Times in 467 Posts

    Default

    I have seen this before, casinos linking to affiliate sites. In my opinion a casino who links to affiliate sites from their home page does not care too much about their brand, which is very concerning for me. Of course it is their right to do so but I would not promote such a brand on my affiliate site.

    Rather than asking them to remove the link just don't promote them, rather promote a decent brand instead. There are many NetEnt casinos out there so you can afford to be picky.

    Don't waste time farting against thunder rather use it to create your own thunder.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to DaftDog For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (30 September 2015)

  13. #11
    Miles_FTA's Avatar
    Miles_FTA is offline No longer with Fast Track
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,490
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 540 Times in 405 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaftDog View Post
    I have seen this before, casinos linking to affiliate sites. In my opinion a casino who links to affiliate sites from their home page does not care too much about their brand, which is very concerning for me. Of course it is their right to do so but I would not promote such a brand on my affiliate site.

    Rather than asking them to remove the link just don't promote them, rather promote a decent brand instead. There are many NetEnt casinos out there so you can afford to be picky.

    Don't waste time farting against thunder rather use it to create your own thunder.
    Agree 100% well said

  14. #12
    JackTenSuited is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2004
    Posts
    1,013
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 334 Times in 207 Posts

  15. #13
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 779 Times in 467 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackTenSuited View Post
    Nope, we're referring to a casinos main page, not some out dated linking scheme page.

  16. #14
    MMM
    MMM is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    1,764
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked 719 Times in 502 Posts

    Default

    I know of a few casinos that have those links, surprisingly they were also related to the hacker thread.
    Best casinos to play slot machines online for real money. Reviews of best Real Money Casinos online.
    Check OnlineBlackjackExplorer for ratings of the best casinos to play blackjack online. Which games offer the lowest house edge, as well as free blackjack games, live dealer and mobile blackjack sites.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to MMM For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (30 September 2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •