Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default Reliable Host For Static HTML Sites

    We've got some older sites that are from back in the day when an EMD and a few blog posts would rank. We might come back and sort them out at some point, but right now they're not a priority and they're annoying me by sitting on our servers.

    My plan is to move the WP installs to a local server and then generate static html versions so that we don't need to worry about updates etc..

    Does anyone have any thoughts on hosts for static html sites? Obviously we could chuck them on a shared host somewhere, but I'm thinking that a host that is specifically set up for static sites might have better or more consistent performance because you're not sitting on a server with 100 WP sites.

    I gave it a quick google and there do seem to be a few options. Has anyone here tried any that they'd recommend? Or that they'd avoid?

    We don't need anything complex or any kind of fancy editor, just somewhere reliable with a decent page load time. Literally somewhere we can upload files via html and then leave them. Cheap is good.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  2. #2
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 840 Times in 617 Posts

    Default

    I've been using Vodahost for some static html sites for 15 years +. Never had an outage I'm aware of. I pay $10 a month, unlimited sites. Looks like they're offering the same package for $8 right now, maybe that's an introductory offer. Maybe they're pulling one over on me. Might be worth a quick look to see if it will work for you.

    PS The sites I have there are not mobile optimized. And I've never checked speed. But they (or some pages, at least) still rank and get the odd bit of apparently real traffic!!

    It's just a parking thing in case I ever get time, really. But that sounds like what you're looking for.

  3. #3
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Ha, sounds like we're doing the exact same thing!

    Ok great, thanks - I'll give it a look.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •