Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    MMM
    MMM is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    1,763
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked 718 Times in 501 Posts

    Default Strange drop in traffic

    I am expiriencing a signifcant drop in traffic in the past few days (50% drop).

    The strange thing is that the drop is not only organic traffic but also in direct and referal traffic. which doesn't really make sense.

    i've noticed that there was an update with Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights plugin. Can it be something related?


    Best casinos to play slot machines online for real money. Reviews of best Real Money Casinos online.
    Check OnlineBlackjackExplorer for ratings of the best casinos to play blackjack online. Which games offer the lowest house edge, as well as free blackjack games, live dealer and mobile blackjack sites.

  2. #2
    loul07 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    154
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts

    Default

    strange, you another post for image stolen have a 404 error too ....

  3. #3
    MMM
    MMM is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    1,763
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked 718 Times in 501 Posts

    Default

    i see, have no idea why. maybe the mods can take a look.
    Best casinos to play slot machines online for real money. Reviews of best Real Money Casinos online.
    Check OnlineBlackjackExplorer for ratings of the best casinos to play blackjack online. Which games offer the lowest house edge, as well as free blackjack games, live dealer and mobile blackjack sites.

  4. #4
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,411
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,255 Posts

    Default

    Is it for just one site or all sites? I have noticed a ton of image spam too.. but also seen it on many other sites so I would expect google already knows it's some kinda bot.. were you hit by the quality update? how long has traffic been down?


  5. #5
    MMM
    MMM is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    1,763
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked 718 Times in 501 Posts

    Default

    2 sites that are on the same server.
    2 days
    were you hit by the quality update? - sorry? you mean the update like a month ago - then no.

    P.S. I am actually not sure that something really happened and it's not some mess with stats. Checked 1-2 programs i work with and already see enough visits yesterday to cover half of what supposed to be the total visits to the site, which doesn't really make sense.
    Last edited by MMM; 29 March 2017 at 3:33 am.
    Best casinos to play slot machines online for real money. Reviews of best Real Money Casinos online.
    Check OnlineBlackjackExplorer for ratings of the best casinos to play blackjack online. Which games offer the lowest house edge, as well as free blackjack games, live dealer and mobile blackjack sites.

  6. #6
    loul07 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    154
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts

    Default

    For the image stolen i see in Ahref i have 2 websites which appeared in March.....waxthis.net/blackjack/1502 and thewriteway.co.il/7144-casino-belge-en-ligne-avec-bonus-sans-depot/ who have links on image from my website... Do you think we need to disavowed this farm link ???

  7. #7
    dfiocch's Avatar
    dfiocch is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    875
    Thanks
    787
    Thanked 565 Times in 348 Posts

    Default

    Stolen images for me too.
    No problem, I dit it again: renamed the stolen imgs and replaced the old (same url) with this ---->

    Name:  66386135.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  29.7 KB

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to dfiocch For This Useful Post:

    agsgroup (29 March 2017)

  9. #8
    golfbettingsystem's Avatar
    golfbettingsystem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,002
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 437 Times in 306 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wonderpunter View Post
    I have noticed a ton of image spam too.. but also seen it on many other sites so I would expect google already knows it's some kinda bot..
    Yeah, seen this too on our sites, a load of spammy links from these images too. Haven't taken any kind of action yet but will keep a close eye on it.

  10. #9
    MMM
    MMM is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    1,763
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked 718 Times in 501 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dfiocch View Post
    Stolen images for me too.
    No problem, I dit it again: renamed the stolen imgs and replaced the old (same url) with this ---->

    Name:  66386135.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  29.7 KB

    do you think it has any effect on those site?

    I did disavow those sites.
    Best casinos to play slot machines online for real money. Reviews of best Real Money Casinos online.
    Check OnlineBlackjackExplorer for ratings of the best casinos to play blackjack online. Which games offer the lowest house edge, as well as free blackjack games, live dealer and mobile blackjack sites.

  11. #10
    dfiocch's Avatar
    dfiocch is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    875
    Thanks
    787
    Thanked 565 Times in 348 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MMM View Post
    do you think it has any effect on those site?

    I did disavow those sites.
    No, no effects. Just to remember them they're dumbasses...
    You did? Well deserved.

  12. #11
    Roulette Zeitung is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,413
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    5,946
    Thanked 6,644 Times in 2,930 Posts

    Default

    MMM, perhaps the FRED update which was confirmed by Google?

    Hopefully, not.

    Leopold

  13. #12
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,411
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,255 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MMM View Post
    I am expiriencing a signifcant drop in traffic in the past few days (50% drop).

    The strange thing is that the drop is not only organic traffic but also in direct and referal traffic. which doesn't really make sense.

    i've noticed that there was an update with Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights plugin. Can it be something related?


    I have noticed events are inaccurate since the last update, they had fixed it by using .js... perhaps its a javascript loading error? check on pingdom to see how long its taking to load the script... could be half the vists are clicking away before being tracked.. have conversions changed?


  14. #13
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,824
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    A week or so ago, I discovered a lot of sites were hotlinking images from my sites, so I added an image hotlinking protection script in my htaccess file which loads my site's banner and domain in place of the hotlinked image I love it

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetbet For This Useful Post:

    agsgroup (29 March 2017)

  16. #14
    MMM
    MMM is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    1,763
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked 718 Times in 501 Posts

    Default

    the site loads in 2 sec.
    can't say yet about conversions yet - will know later on today/tomorrow
    Best casinos to play slot machines online for real money. Reviews of best Real Money Casinos online.
    Check OnlineBlackjackExplorer for ratings of the best casinos to play blackjack online. Which games offer the lowest house edge, as well as free blackjack games, live dealer and mobile blackjack sites.

  17. #15
    MMM
    MMM is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    1,763
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked 718 Times in 501 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbet View Post
    A week or so ago, I discovered a lot of sites were hotlinking images from my sites, so I added an image hotlinking protection script in my htaccess file which loads my site's banner and domain in place of the hotlinked image I love it

    i assume those are the same sites. doesn't it mean that you still have links from these sites to yours?
    Best casinos to play slot machines online for real money. Reviews of best Real Money Casinos online.
    Check OnlineBlackjackExplorer for ratings of the best casinos to play blackjack online. Which games offer the lowest house edge, as well as free blackjack games, live dealer and mobile blackjack sites.

  18. #16
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,824
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    They hotlinked images without linking them to anything. So I don't have any links from those sites.

  19. #17
    Aidan90's Avatar
    Aidan90 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 149 Times in 111 Posts

    Default

    If it was sports I'd suggest football's International Break, I know my traffic takes a huge hit on weeks like this but that sort of thing shouldn't have an effect on casino traffic. Sounds like it could be a tracking issue.

  20. #18
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,994
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    If I ever catch stolen images, I have used the method of replacing the image with something else....but I never use tame images and the ones I would use can NOT be posted here...I usually try to find something very disgusting..

    Rick
    Universal4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •