Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1
    iso2009 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2010
    Posts
    357
    Thanks
    258
    Thanked 129 Times in 100 Posts

    Default How's your sports betting revenue doing these days?

    Since the end (give or take a few weeks) of the football season in Europe my income has dropped significantly, even though there are still some matches in Nations League and obviously a lot of other sports events.

    This never happened before so I wonder how is your sports betting revenue doing?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to iso2009 For This Useful Post:

    newcustomeroffer (15 June 2022)

  3. #2
    newcustomeroffer is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,364
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 602 Times in 473 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iso2009 View Post
    Since the end (give or take a few weeks) of the football season in Europe my income has dropped significantly, even though there are still some matches in Nations League and obviously a lot of other sports events.

    This never happened before so I wonder how is your sports betting revenue doing?
    Been going on for a while before the end of the football season for us, in fact 2022 isn't shaping up well in its entirety. Odd thing is that betting turnover isn't significantly down - certainly within a level of tolerance to previous years - but the revenues are poor in the main, and that carries across most if not all programs, even historically strong ones.

    UK market for us so I get the cost of living squeeze which is undoubtedly a factor and disposable income is dropping like a stone; increased interrogation from a lot of bookies when trying to place a bet - affordability questions etc that preempt the white paper that's coming - will also suppress activity too I expect, certainly some will refuse to given answers and potentially go offshore to someone who doesn't ask questions.

    I wonder though if what's actually happening is the number of casual punters is declining on average, leaving the more savvy/winning punters which is impacting margin. Could be way off the mark but nothing obvious that I can see otherwise. Interested like you to hear other views/experiences.
    For the latest bookmaker new customer offers visit https://www.newcustomeroffer.co.uk/

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to newcustomeroffer For This Useful Post:

    BettingGods (16 June 2022), bettingmalta (24 June 2022), iso2009 (15 June 2022)

  5. #3
    iso2009 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2010
    Posts
    357
    Thanks
    258
    Thanked 129 Times in 100 Posts

    Default

    I don't want to be paranoid or the one who looks at most obvious facts without thinking there's always a margin for error, but since March my revenue is slowly & constantly dropping (mostly bet365). It might be related to the war in Europe or with the whole economic crisis that is shaping up.

    Another thing which worried me is that winnings are not "played again", but it's hard to estimate exactly given the way bet365 shows stats. However, I can say that some big negatives never recovered, which is not quite what I am used to see on one of my bet365 aff accounts. It doesn't add up, it feels like a change in behaviour.

  6. #4
    Maheaatom is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2022
    Location
    Tallinn
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    I operate in few small European markets and have noticed far less advertisement of sports and sports betting in the cityscape this year. This makes more difficult to recruit new recreational players, but professional punters remain. Also I see less search in Google, closure of some local sports betting affiliates and the overall trend, that companies which offer both sports betting, casino and poker are focusing more on casinos.

    Of course I talk of three small markets, it can be different in big markets like US, UK etc. Hope, it gets better during Football World Cup 2022.

    It is possible that the football mm 2022 will change something.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Maheaatom For This Useful Post:

    iso2009 (22 June 2022)

  8. #5
    newcustomeroffer is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,364
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 602 Times in 473 Posts

    Default

    Fairly substantial drop in revenue reported for 888 today: 888 forecasts revenue drop ahead of William Hill acquisition - M&A - iGaming Business - interesting to see if other operators report similar over the next few weeks and months to suggest an industry-wide challenging environment.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to newcustomeroffer For This Useful Post:

    iso2009 (23 June 2022)

  10. #6
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 840 Times in 617 Posts

    Default

    I'll see if I can put some (debatable) perspective on this from the eyes of an average UK punter.

    And bear in mind my idea of 'average' may well not really be the 'average' UK punter.

    But let's assume the average UK punter is a reasonably well-off individual, no real money worries, probably not 'rich' (as in cash rich). I know that's too narrow a label, but it (partly) helps illustrate the point...


    Even I - after 45 years of punting horse races - am more conscious of the financial impact that losing can have now. Not enough to stop me - because I can still afford to lose if it happens - but enough to make me think and potentially adjust.

    So, let's say I want to have fish and chips tonight. Roughly £10, maybe 12 (if it's just me!). A tenner is all I have (mentally, to spend for the day). I fancy something in the Northumberland Plate on Saturday, it's 33-1, so I go put the tenner on it. So what? No fish and chips! Bollocks, I'll just have porridge and a quid's worth of wonky blueberries from Aldi instead.


    Now let's take another 'average' punter. Maybe someone in Bolton, Blackpool, Hull etc etc (no offence to anyone, but you should at least appreciate the point).

    And now my decision isn't 'do I put the tenner on a horse or do I have fish and chips?'

    It's (potentially) 'do I put the tenner on a horse or do I eat nothing for the next 2 days? Or have no hot water? Or xxxxx? etc


    ofc If you're a problem gambler, the decision is pretty much uncontrollable and obvious.

    But there will be a lot of punters that are in the position of making a controlled decision.

    I don't know if this is what's behind it. But everyone must be a least noticing that things are heading sh!twards, even if it's not quite sh!t enough to put anyone off their usual bets. For some, they will definitely be feeling it rather than just noticing.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chaumi For This Useful Post:

    iso2009 (25 June 2022), newcustomeroffer (23 June 2022), TheGooner (23 June 2022)

  12. #7
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Certainly seen a decrease in deposits and turnover for UK facing bookies since March.
    Perhaps 16-20% drop in those two key stats which makes it harder to make a profit.

    Have also seen a bigger hit on the profit line (but that's probably just variance).

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

    drifter8 (26 July 2022), iso2009 (25 June 2022), newcustomeroffer (24 June 2022)

  14. #8
    LowFlyingBird's Avatar
    LowFlyingBird is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    July 2018
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 122 Times in 88 Posts

    Default

    This is the lull period IMO for North American Sports.

    Still lots going on but the bigger market leagues: NBA, NCAA(F/B), NHL (2-3 games left), Soccer (slowing down).
    Action will be filled by Boxing, MMA, Tennis, Racecar, MLB until NFL preseason Aug.2022.

    The Boxing and MMA handles will likely grow with Super fights, UFC 276,

    Key dates:
    July 16: Los Angeles (DAZN) -- Ryan Garcia vs. Javier Fortuna, 12 rounds, lightweights


    July 30: Brooklyn, New York (Showtime) -- Danny Garcia vs. Jose Benavidez Jr., 12 rounds, junior middleweights


    Aug. 6: New York (Showtime PPV) -- Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury, 10 rounds, cruiserweights


    Aug. 13: TBA, Florida (ESPN/ESPN+) -- Teofimo Lopez vs. Pedro Campa, 10 rounds, junior welterweights


    Aug. 20: Saudi Arabia (DAZN) -- Title fight: Oleksandr Usyk vs. Anthony Joshua, 12 rounds, for Usyk's WBA, WBO and IBF heavyweight titles


    Sept. 17: Las Vegas (DAZN PPV) -- Title fight: Canelo Alvarez vs. Gennadiy Golovkin, 12 rounds, for Alvarez's WBC, WBA, WBO and IBF super middleweight titles

    UFC - has 10 events between this weekend and Aug30th 3 #'ed events UFC276-8 and 7 fight night events.
    MMA - leagues now are picking up the frequency to compete. Bellator has 4 events over the summer

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LowFlyingBird For This Useful Post:

    iso2009 (25 June 2022), universal4 (23 June 2022)

  16. #9
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    NBA finished a week ago - Golden State Warriors beat Boston Celtics 4-2 ...
    But MLB does keep things ticking over.

    Interesting with the MMA dates, I don't follow any combat sports but I'll see how it goes with promos.

  17. #10
    newcustomeroffer is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,364
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 602 Times in 473 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooner View Post
    Certainly seen a decrease in deposits and turnover for UK facing bookies since March.
    Perhaps 16-20% drop in those two key stats which makes it harder to make a profit.
    On closer inspection, that's bang in line with what we're seeing. Aggregate year to date deposits for our 3 biggest programs combined is down 17.1% over last year (Jan-May inclusive) so that pre-dates any upsurge last year due to the Euro football championship.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to newcustomeroffer For This Useful Post:

    drifter8 (26 July 2022), iso2009 (25 June 2022)

  19. #11
    newcustomeroffer is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,364
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 602 Times in 473 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaumi View Post
    I'll see if I can put some (debatable) perspective on this from the eyes of an average UK punter.

    And bear in mind my idea of 'average' may well not really be the 'average' UK punter.

    But let's assume the average UK punter is a reasonably well-off individual, no real money worries, probably not 'rich' (as in cash rich). I know that's too narrow a label, but it (partly) helps illustrate the point...


    Even I - after 45 years of punting horse races - am more conscious of the financial impact that losing can have now. Not enough to stop me - because I can still afford to lose if it happens - but enough to make me think and potentially adjust.

    So, let's say I want to have fish and chips tonight. Roughly £10, maybe 12 (if it's just me!). A tenner is all I have (mentally, to spend for the day). I fancy something in the Northumberland Plate on Saturday, it's 33-1, so I go put the tenner on it. So what? No fish and chips! Bollocks, I'll just have porridge and a quid's worth of wonky blueberries from Aldi instead.


    Now let's take another 'average' punter. Maybe someone in Bolton, Blackpool, Hull etc etc (no offence to anyone, but you should at least appreciate the point).

    And now my decision isn't 'do I put the tenner on a horse or do I have fish and chips?'

    It's (potentially) 'do I put the tenner on a horse or do I eat nothing for the next 2 days? Or have no hot water? Or xxxxx? etc


    ofc If you're a problem gambler, the decision is pretty much uncontrollable and obvious.

    But there will be a lot of punters that are in the position of making a controlled decision.

    I don't know if this is what's behind it. But everyone must be a least noticing that things are heading sh!twards, even if it's not quite sh!t enough to put anyone off their usual bets. For some, they will definitely be feeling it rather than just noticing.
    Wholly reasonable view I think and undoubtedly the cost of living squeeze is changing behaviour.

    Danger is now that more smaller programs pull out of low margin countries and ruin their affiliate relationship and trust forever, plus the UK gambling act reforms cut too deep on an industry already at a significant low point.

  20. #12
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,959
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,816 Times in 2,157 Posts

    Default

    Europe is fine (22bet, playamo, Kindred, 1xbet [non-EU]). Americas: I had record at Bovada.<br><br>But bet365 is really dropping finally significantly (it is my 5th year after they closed my account).<br><br>Maybe the problem is bet365 (I do not say they cheat, maybe they advertise less, or some legal change)?
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

    drifter8 (26 July 2022), iso2009 (25 June 2022)

  22. #13
    iso2009 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2010
    Posts
    357
    Thanks
    258
    Thanked 129 Times in 100 Posts

    Default

    Good input, Sherlock. Since I rely 95% on bet365 revenue, I totally agree. Good to hear it might not be EU betting as a whole going down.

  23. #14
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    3,161
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    688
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 746 Posts

    Default

    Since never really focused on Sportsbetting I find this thread very interesting on what is happening in the part of the market.

    An interesting thread to follow.
    nousviz.com

    What's Nous?

    StatsDrone now offers Freemium plan to connect up to 30 programs - FREE!.

  24. #15
    Madz's Avatar
    Madz is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    371
    Thanks
    281
    Thanked 229 Times in 154 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newcustomeroffer View Post
    Wholly reasonable view I think and undoubtedly the cost of living squeeze is changing behaviour.

    Danger is now that more smaller programs pull out of low margin countries and ruin their affiliate relationship and trust forever, plus the UK gambling act reforms cut too deep on an industry already at a significant low point.
    I totally agree with this. There seems to be a combination of factors and none of them have had a positive effect for most of us.

    I mainly target slots/bingo/casino and my revenue has nosedived these last few months. All the Google updates dont help either traffic is like a YoYo some weeks!

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Madz For This Useful Post:

    iso2009 (27 June 2022)

  26. #16
    newcustomeroffer is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,364
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 602 Times in 473 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madz View Post
    I totally agree with this. There seems to be a combination of factors and none of them have had a positive effect for most of us.
    Feels a bit like the 80/20 principle in overdrive to me - I can see that the rule (roughly) holds for gambling in that say circa 80% of profit comes from 20% of players, however if the sum of the factors we've discussed on this thread is eating disproportionately into the 20% then that would explain why things feel tough at present.

  27. #17
    newcustomeroffer is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,364
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 602 Times in 473 Posts

    Default

    Latest Kindred numbers put the state of the market into context: https://igamingbusiness.com/kindred-...-difficult-q2/

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to newcustomeroffer For This Useful Post:

    iso2009 (22 July 2022), TheGooner (22 July 2022)

  29. #18
    newcasinos-io is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    July 2022
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Been avoiding betting on UFC and other MMA events and honestly, it's been a great decision. Does anyone else think this sport is too volatile to bet on at times?

  30. #19
    newcustomeroffer is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,364
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 602 Times in 473 Posts

    Default

    More general numbers on the UK - consistent message coming through right now about the state of the market: https://igamingbusiness.com/finance/...revenue-drops/
    For the latest bookmaker new customer offers visit https://www.newcustomeroffer.co.uk/

  31. #20
    pokeraussie's Avatar
    pokeraussie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2016
    Posts
    499
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 208 Times in 151 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newcasinos-io View Post
    Been avoiding betting on UFC and other MMA events and honestly, it's been a great decision. Does anyone else think this sport is too volatile to bet on at times?
    100% it's a very unpredictable sport to bet on. Betting makes the fight so much more enjoyable though lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •