Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    link22's Avatar
    link22 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Midlands, England
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts

    Default Sub-domain for free bets page, good idea or not?

    My site tennispunt.com now has a free bets page which I think looks pretty decent with a good selection of bookmakers. I want to get the page the most exposure as possible, and I was wondering if having a sub-domain like freebets.tennispunt.com would be something useful? especially for adding on Twitter? would it be a good idea to submit a sub-domain to search engines?

  2. #2
    Scampi's Avatar
    Scampi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    855
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 304 Times in 180 Posts

    Default

    I like your site, it looks better everytime I see it. Instead of a sub-domain, how about just a section on your current site? Or failing that, an entirely new domain?

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Scampi For This Useful Post:

    link22 (17 October 2014)

  4. #3
    link22's Avatar
    link22 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Midlands, England
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Thank you, I have tweaked a lot with the site over recent months and it probably annoys my visitors lol. I'm happy with the design now so i'm not changing anything from now on. I do have the free bets page as it is, as a section on the site already which is looking fine, but was just wondering if I should create a sub-domain linking to that page which I can share on Twitter or anywhere else.

    I was thinking about setting up a free bets site, but to create another site from scratch as well as keep my tennis site updated is too much at the moment.

  5. #4
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,816 Times in 2,157 Posts

    Default

    It does not matter a lot if the minisite is part of the domain, subdomain or separate domain. It is the same work with content obviously.

    Domain, subdomain or separate domain have advantages and disadvantages for SEO (parent domain in case 1 and partially 2 can pass trustrank; case 3 can better target keywords as EMD or PMD), which should be considered. The last thing visitor cares about is if he is on third.domain.com or domain.com/third.
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  6. #5
    Moonlight Cat's Avatar
    Moonlight Cat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Posts
    1,986
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,234
    Thanked 1,181 Times in 675 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by link22 View Post
    would it be a good idea to submit a sub-domain to search engines?
    Yes, i use many subdomains (different language versions). And most of sub-domains, have better seo positions when main domain.

  7. #6
    link22's Avatar
    link22 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Midlands, England
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Is there a massive difference in having a free bets section like I have on my site, as compared to having a site dedicated to free bets?, would it make a strong difference? Of course on a site dedicated to free bets, there would be much more content and pages, however from an SEO perspective, would one page like I have be sufficient enough to draw visitors from search engines?

    The aim is to draw visitors to this page specifically looking for free bets. The tennis season ends in a few weeks time and doesn't start until 1st of January, so I will have about 50 days without any tennis tips. I may do tips on lower ranked womens tennis such as ITF but these won't draw as many, if any at all visitors in. The aim would be to keep providing articles and news on tennis for that time period when there isn't as many matches, as well as betting related content articles.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •