Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default Weird Pages Being Created in My Website

    I was looking in GWT and noticed my one site had quite a few pages that were not found. After looking into it a little I have noticed somehow pages are being created, and live on my website that I did not create and they are not anywhere in my WordPress dashboard. I am thinking maybe the site was hacked and somehow someone is creating these pages (even though I do not see how it would be benefiting them).

    One example is the page:

    xxhttp://www.mobilecasinolisting.com/index.php?Keywords=Las+Vegas+Hotel+Discounts&searc h_type=popularCategories&cat2=Las+Vegas+Travel&r=c %3EcX%3AjbXymZ3G%7BbX6wcHm%7BeHmv%5Bz6kc31%3E%27f% 3Evt%3Cvt%3C%3A%3C2%3C2%3C%3A119955%3Ctuzmf2%60%3A %2Fdtt%3C3%3Cjoufsdptnpt%60bggjmjbuf%604%60e3s%60e fsq%3Cusbggjdcppn%3Cusbggjdcppn%3C%3C3221%3Chbncmj oh%3Cmjtujoht%3Czbipp%3C%27jqvb%60je%3E23bb9b98feb 5d65f545dbfbg9f1g5%3A69%27enybsht%3Ebgf4%3A6%3Abg8 %3Ae%3Ag5d756f9175g5362995&rd=1

    Which is exactly like my homepage, just has all that junk behind it. There are probably 10 or so of these pages like this. So how do I get rid of these pages (since I cant delete them from within the dashboard) and how do I make sure future pages are not created.

    Thanks for any help.

    Travis
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  2. #2
    nwalker's Avatar
    nwalker is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    620
    Thanks
    196
    Thanked 456 Times in 270 Posts

    Default

    I had exactly the same problem. One of my Wordpress sites was hacked. I discovered it the same as you in GWT. When I went back to the site and looked at Wordfence some files had been changed. I did a deep scan and identified a few new files, and also an admin user had been created. I deleted everything I could find and made sure that I updated to the latest WP release and all my plugins were up to date. Did another scan and everything came back clean.

    Google then slapped a manual penalty on my site which they removed once I had demonstrated that I had cleaned everything up.

    Make sure you create a new admin user, don't use Admin and use a really strong password. Get rid of plugins you don't use and make sure you use something like Wordfence.

    You may have to reinstall Wordpress to get rid of the infected files or manually delete them in FTP and copy new versions across.
    Sold www.livecasinocomparer.com in April 2025 - Now retired

  3. #3
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,872
    Thanks
    2,043
    Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,324 Posts

    Default

    It's hacked than. There's a thread about it here on GPWA-forum! The sad thing is that some of the brands you're promoting are among the biggest sponsors of the people that are doing this...

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Triple7 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (7 December 2015)

  5. #4
    edgarf76's Avatar
    edgarf76 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks
    804
    Thanked 582 Times in 429 Posts

    Default

    You should get a subscription to sururi.net. They have yearly plans and they will back up and clean your site. They also do daily malware scans.

  6. #5
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple7 View Post
    The sad thing is that some of the brands you're promoting are among the biggest sponsors of the people that are doing this...
    What do you mean by that? I dont get how it would help the brands. Actually I do not understand how it would help anyone other than hurting my website.
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  7. #6
    sampendleton's Avatar
    sampendleton is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2014
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 34 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    Do you have seo by yoast plugin??
    And also, I suggest that you hide your loginpage so it won't be easily accessible for hackers.

  8. #7
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 779 Times in 467 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sampendleton View Post
    Do you have seo by yoast plugin??
    And also, I suggest that you hide your loginpage so it won't be easily accessible for hackers.
    The SEO by Yoast plugin is a secure plugin that is updated often. I use it on numerous sites and have never had an issue with it.

    I use Wordfence and a long, secure password and have not had any issues. The key is to update WordPress, themes and plugins as soon as updates are released. Cheap, unreliable hosting companies can also pose a security threat, especially if you're using cheap shared hosting.

  9. #8
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    12,175
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,685 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TravG View Post
    What do you mean by that? I dont get how it would help the brands. Actually I do not understand how it would help anyone other than hurting my website.
    Thread

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

    Triple7 (18 June 2015)

  11. #9
    Puma's Avatar
    Puma is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,518
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 74 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    Wordfence is a must have for any website running off wordpress. Make sure you download the free plugin and set it to email you warnings whenever something changes. https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordfence/

    Good Luck
    Epic Gambler - Reviews, Ratings, Excitement

  12. #10
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    Wordfence is a must have for any website running off wordpress. Make sure you download the free plugin and set it to email you warnings whenever something changes. https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordfence/

    Good Luck
    Thanks - you are the second person who suggested that plugin so I am going to install it now! Thanks again

  13. #11
    Puma's Avatar
    Puma is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,518
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 74 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    If I may also suggest setting your mobile device so you receive alerts ( mine is set for each new email ) so even on the go you can protect your site. Best of luck on your site
    Epic Gambler - Reviews, Ratings, Excitement

  14. #12
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,872
    Thanks
    2,043
    Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,324 Posts

    Default

    This thread came to mind...

  15. #13
    MMM
    MMM is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    1,764
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked 719 Times in 502 Posts

    Default

    Wordfence - Do you need the paid version or the free does the work
    Best casinos to play slot machines online for real money. Reviews of best Real Money Casinos online.
    Check OnlineBlackjackExplorer for ratings of the best casinos to play blackjack online. Which games offer the lowest house edge, as well as free blackjack games, live dealer and mobile blackjack sites.

  16. #14
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MMM View Post
    Wordfence - Do you need the paid version or the free does the work
    Curious about this myself. I installed the free version and see the premium is $39/year. Is it worth it? Do you need premium?
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  17. #15
    eighty80percent is offline New Member
    Join Date
    June 2015
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I like these sites

    Which site is most helpful?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •