Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    dueceswild is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2011
    Location
    Tel Aviv
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Is it bad to edit or rewrite on exsisting pages?

    Hello,

    I was going through my site and notices that all my country listing pages are too monetized and I want to edit the content so they don't sound too monetized. Can I do this with out no problems?

  2. #2
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    That would be the best thing to do. Change is good.
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  3. #3
    SlotsAff is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2007
    Posts
    810
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 143 Times in 108 Posts

    Default

    Nothing wrong with changing/editing text - in fact, it's good

  4. #4
    muffincrumbs's Avatar
    muffincrumbs is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Neither here nor there
    Posts
    303
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    264
    Thanked 116 Times in 87 Posts

    Default

    Ultimate and Slots said it!
    Change is great, and search likes it when you change...
    Even I like change
    If you like USA online casinos consider playing for real money at https://www.mobilecasinoparty.com

  5. #5
    dueceswild is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2011
    Location
    Tel Aviv
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the info, I feel much better now

  6. #6
    Rostick's Avatar
    Rostick is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Posts
    359
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 118 Times in 89 Posts

    Default

    The only thing google doesn`t like is when you change your titles, keywords, etc repeteadly. Content change is good, it shows you have an 'active' website and that is important for search engines.
    Betdistrict.com - free betting tips & previews
    Happybags.ro - romanian e-commerce website
    WW2HistoryBook - World War Two Library

  7. #7
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Yes - Good point. When you are creating or changing your title and description tags really give them some thought. If you need to make a change to them it is OK to do so once or twice but they should not be changed on a regualr basis. Take the time to really think about your title and desc. tags so you do not have to change them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rostick View Post
    The only thing google doesn`t like is when you change your titles, keywords, etc repeteadly. Content change is good, it shows you have an 'active' website and that is important for search engines.
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  8. #8
    UKCasinoOnline is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 27 Times in 21 Posts

    Default

    Change is good, I have done it before, and I would do it again, however don't be surprised if you see some dancing going on in the search results when you do it. Google sometimes think people are trying to "play" them when they do this, usually your ranks will recover
    UK Casino Online - Seven of the best casinos, Game Guides and Slots reviews

  9. #9
    bauss's Avatar
    bauss is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    I edit my pages all the time, but if you're going to delete content, you should try and delete it in small chunks first. You don't want to remove all your content at once, because you should be trying to improve your rankings, and not let them drop.
    Join my poker forum, and be welcomed with open arms by our poker community.

  10. #10
    Rostick's Avatar
    Rostick is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Posts
    359
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 118 Times in 89 Posts

    Default

    @UltimatePokerBonus Yeah, I know. I hate that part. I`m writing a 1500 word article and the worst part is setting the description and keywords, knowing that i can change them maybe ONCE
    Betdistrict.com - free betting tips & previews
    Happybags.ro - romanian e-commerce website
    WW2HistoryBook - World War Two Library

  11. #11
    Moonlight Cat's Avatar
    Moonlight Cat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Posts
    1,986
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,234
    Thanked 1,181 Times in 675 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dueceswild View Post
    Hello,
    Can I do this with out no problems?
    I think yes.

  12. #12
    lowrisk is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2011
    Posts
    801
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 180 Times in 132 Posts

    Default

    I would recommend you update your content, if you yourself are suggesting your content is "too monetized", most surely google will have this view also. Expect you rankings to alter, they may drop initially as google investigates why your content has changed, but if the replacement is better chances are in time you will have better rankings. I'd say go for it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •