Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default Question: How to add a blog to your website

    Hi all,

    I use Microsoft expression and php for my websites. Before switching to expresssion I used an online sitebuilder tool that allowed me to have blogs on websites. Expression (that I know of) doesnt have this option or I have no idea how to use it.

    With that said, my blog use to get a lot of traffic and I would like to add a blog again. Is there a way to do this? I want to keep my site that way it is, but curious how to get a blog going.


    Thanks for any help.
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  2. #2
    dassad is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 35 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    The question is if you want to use another SELF HOSTED CMS or a free blog hosting. If you are on own hosting and you want to use an external CMS i suggest you to use Wordpress ( http://wordpress.org ), wordpress is really easy to use but compact and expandable in the same time plus is extremely SEO friendly. You can install Wordpress on a subdomain (blog.yoursite.com) or in a directory to (yoursite.com/blog/) and it's easy to install, also if your host offers Fantastico you can install from it with few clicks.

    If you want to use something more simple that you can integrate in your current site drop a look on BLogEngine ( http://www.dotnetblogengine.net/ ). Hope that i helped, if you have question probably i can help you with Wordpress.

    Have a great day!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to dassad For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Thanks Dassad - I did look into Wordpress before but got confused on how to really make it work. Now that I know a little more Ill give it another shot!
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  5. #4
    dassad is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 35 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Trust me.. you don't will regret it.. Wordpress is a charm :P

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •