Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Topboss is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 475 Times in 246 Posts

    Default Dreamweaver Visit Pages

    On my old Dreamweaver sites I have all my tracking links going via a “visit” page which has the tracking link to the casino itself.
    There is nothing on the visit page except the tracking link. Ie no title, description etc.
    the problem is that ahrefs and google moans that these pages have a redirect ( to the casino) and no title, description etc.

    I have tried blocking the visit pages in the robots.txt text but it makes no difference.

    Does anyone know of a smarter way of doing this? As it seems old fashioned.

    I know the ultimate solution is to convert them all to Wordpress sites but I don’t have the time to do that as there is over 100 sites

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,994
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    I usually, like you stated block the "visit" folder in robots.txt.
    I also add the no follow and no index to the header.
    On some sites I also have the title added, that is if it was from hundred years ago.
    Some times the title is just Visit the casino or some have Visit casinox.

    Google will still list the pages as blocked by robots, but eventually they will stop tying to index them.

    I personally think this is a flaw with google, if we tell them to stay out of a folder, they should stay the heck out of the folder completely.

    But Google doesn't care what anyone says or wants, they just dictate policy to others they refuse to follow.

    Rick
    Universal4

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Topboss (9 October 2022)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Are these pages *.html or in DW's case *.htm? I had that issue, until I switched all my redirection pages to php redirects. That stopped it

  5. #4
    Topboss is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 475 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    Are these pages *.html or in DW's case *.htm?
    Some of them are .html and some are .htm

    Thanks Dave, I will see if my I.T guy can change them to php redirects

  6. #5
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topboss View Post
    Thanks Dave, I will see if my I.T guy can change them to php redirects
    No Probs Heather

    Here's the PHP code I use...

    Code:
    <?php
    $url = /*starturl*/"https://www.add-your-casino-affiliate-url-here"/*endurl*/;
    header("Location: ".$url);
    ?>
    So lets say the above redirects to Casino-X. Hence the name of the file is: casino-x.php
    I have all my casino redirects sitting in folder 'visit'.

    Pretty sure I used a htaccess file to block every request, other than, from the server's IP. The htaccess file resides in the "visit" folder

  7. #6
    pokeraussie's Avatar
    pokeraussie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2016
    Posts
    499
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 208 Times in 151 Posts

    Default

    Dreamweaver wow that brings back memories.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •