Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
  1. #1
    TheStallion is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default Could you review my site?

    Hey everyone.

    Am looking for honest opinions on what you think of my site and what improvements I could make. It's been live for about a month now, and offers daily betting tips. Any suggestions or feedback would be much appreciated!

    The site is: www.betstallion.com

    Thanks
    Last edited by TheStallion; 2 December 2013 at 8:20 pm.

  2. #2
    Scampi's Avatar
    Scampi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    855
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 304 Times in 180 Posts

    Default

    Fantastic, very nice. You could get a great community going there.
    The Free Odds page seems a bit of a waste though, it's just repeating what's in your right hand menu bar.


  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Scampi For This Useful Post:

    Rachel.RevenueJet (3 December 2013)

  4. #3
    TheStallion is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Hey thanks for your message! I will probably trim down the side bar free bets in the future, just trying to get as much revenue exposure as I start out.

  5. #4
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,824
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    Very professional. I like it.

  6. #5
    TheStallion is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Cheers sweetbet, would love to hear of any criticisms or areas where I can improve?

    Thanks

  7. #6
    clarar's Avatar
    clarar is offline Restricted Account
    Join Date
    October 2011
    Posts
    306
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 133 Times in 89 Posts

    Default

    Hi betstallion,


    I checked your site and is kind of hard to criticize. It actually looks really good!

    I found that while trying to register, you get to this: http://www.betstallion.com/wp-login.php?action=register * that asks you to validate before you even get to the page. In terms of functionality I wouldn't recommend that.

    Here: http://www.betstallion.com/free-bets/ the formating of the logos doesnt come up so nicely. Maybe I would suggest to work on the image optimization.

    Cheers!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to clarar For This Useful Post:


  9. #7
    TheStallion is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for your comment Clara that registrations captcha is a bit annoying my host insists on using it for security and it should only appear once..

    As for the images I went a bit overboard when reducing their file sizes and they look a bit dodgy so when I got some time I'll jazz them up a bit.

    Cheers!

  10. #8
    edgarf76's Avatar
    edgarf76 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks
    804
    Thanked 582 Times in 429 Posts

    Default

    Very Good Job! As everybody said, it is pretty hard to critique, you did a solid job. Keep it up!
    Visit Play Slots 4 Real Money and Casino Slots Money for trusted recommendations and tips on the best casinos.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to edgarf76 For This Useful Post:


  12. #9
    louie.wilson's Avatar
    louie.wilson is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 139 Times in 86 Posts

    Default

    Definitely a very nice one!
    Same as mentioned earlier, i'd go for a picture optimization.

    Main 955x122 banner is often blurry.
    And the preview of games also sometimes is weirdly re-sized.

    But all in all, looks great, and Go METZ for the french cup

  13. #10
    IhreConsulting's Avatar
    IhreConsulting is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    263
    Thanks
    97
    Thanked 155 Times in 69 Posts

    Default

    Hi Betstallion
    I agree with everyone else. I think it is a nice looking site. I also got the captcha but see your comment above so that makes sense. I just had one question. Why do you want people to register when you also have a newsletter sign up? What would be the benefit to people to register with you rather than just sign up to the newsletter? Is there a difference, apart from perhaps trying to get more information about the people registering for tips from you? If there is, perhaps add a line / paragraph so people know what and why they are registering with you.
    Otherwise it is looking great!
    Claire
    Edward Ihre / Claire Wellard / Katerina Milfaitova

    www.ihreconsulting.com
    affiliates@ihreconsulting.com

    Ihre Consulting

    Like & follow us socially
    Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Instagram

  14. #11
    TheStallion is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    yep a couple of those banners didn't retain their quality when I was resizing - can be fixed for sure... oh and Metz GOT THIS!!

  15. #12
    TheStallion is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Hi Clarie thanks for your comment!

    The idea behind users registering is I want them to feel part of the site. Once registered and signed in, they stay signed in and are greeted with a 'welcome (username)' when they visit.

    I want to build a community where punters leave comments and have a bit of banter with one another, talk about recent wins/losses etc - and I just feel with users being 'members' - creating their own avatars - designated usernames - it can help to build that community ( hopefully.. )

  16. #13
    IhreConsulting's Avatar
    IhreConsulting is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    263
    Thanks
    97
    Thanked 155 Times in 69 Posts

    Default

    That sounds great. I think communities are a way to keep loyalty to your site and therefore increase earnings. I would perhaps add one or two lines in the register section to say something along the lines of "Register with us to join our community, give your tips and brag about your wins". That way, at least they completely understand why they would register their details.
    Good luck with it all!
    Edward Ihre / Claire Wellard / Katerina Milfaitova

    www.ihreconsulting.com
    affiliates@ihreconsulting.com

    Ihre Consulting

    Like & follow us socially
    Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Instagram

  17. #14
    Gabriel_LCP's Avatar
    Gabriel_LCP is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1,514
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 303 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    THe site looks good, its very clean and easy to navigate. Congrats!

    What types of benefits do you offer your visitors if they register to your site? It could be a good idea to let them know about the benefits so it can motivate them to sign up.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Gabriel_LCP For This Useful Post:


  19. #15
    TheStallion is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Hi Gabriel, thanks for your comment. There's no added benefits to visitors when they register other than them being able to sign in and have their own username etc - I am going to think up some incentives and write a note at the top of the registration form to encourage more registrations

  20. #16
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    Very nice, but for God's sake don't stretch images

    It would also help if you'd tell a story with an image (e.g. a picture of Bayer player scoring a goal if Bayer win is your main bet) and not have a generic image of the soccer ball. People already know those image well, and in fact I used two of them on my own site a while back. The Dec 15th image was on my landing page, and Dec 14th image was on my Facebook ad

    Very nice picks for Dec 14th. I'm bookmarking your site.
    Professional bizdev can help you, the affiliate, to negotiate better terms with casinos. PM for details and a free evaluation of what I can do for you. All geos.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to DanHorvat For This Useful Post:

    TheStallion (15 December 2013)

  22. #17
    Moonlight Cat's Avatar
    Moonlight Cat is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Posts
    1,986
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,234
    Thanked 1,181 Times in 675 Posts

    Default

    Very nice site.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Moonlight Cat For This Useful Post:

    TheStallion (15 December 2013)

  24. #18
    bettinganalyst's Avatar
    bettinganalyst is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts

    Default

    Website looks quite good , nice colour and design .

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to bettinganalyst For This Useful Post:

    TheStallion (15 December 2013)

  26. #19
    TheStallion is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    @DanHorvat

    Thanks for your comment - I agree the stretched images don't look so nice, I'll try to find a solution.

    As for for yoiu suggestion of an image of a Bayer player scoring on a related post - I would love to have this on my site, but I worry about copyright infringement..? Is this not something to worry about..?

  27. #20
    wettFORM.AT's Avatar
    wettFORM.AT is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    459
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 62 Times in 53 Posts

    Default

    your site looks good! but there are some things I would improve.
    I would focus on one banner instead of two very big banners on the homepage - it is too much in my opinion.
    You could also improve the user experience if you write your preview text unique instead of using the original content from the article this can also positively affect your SEO because the content on your homepage would be 100% unique. The rest looks really nice.

    Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •