I believe there were guys prosecuted and maybe even arrested in Croatia few years ago. I was being chased by police and lottery department of ministry of finance of one EU country for promoting offshore bookies.
Yes, you can have legal problems (especially if you think some letter from moronic bureaucrat or investigation itself is a legal problem). It is just a pressure, so be prepared. Even western democracies are not what they seem to do. It is not innocent until proven guilty. The grey zone between is wide and unofficial state policy does exist and is important. And that policy is that all states now want either no gambling or "their" gambling. Anything that crosses the line will be more or less under pressure.
I do not know how exactly is the saying "Every business owner is with one leg in prison". It is valid everywhere where money is. You can always pack carrots in Tesco for minimal wage if you want to be loved by system. I am sick to read this over and over. Everyone wants to make money, but not risking anything. Not even being in a small conflict. If it is about money, there will be always conflicts. Also conflicts with states. And state will always abuse its power. All you have to do is not being reckless. The most unsafe way how to do the things is to look for 100% safety.
If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.