Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 511

Thread: Sky Bet?!

  1. #161
    MannyBetting's Avatar
    MannyBetting is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    England
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 109 Times in 44 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freebetsfreetips View Post
    My concern as a smaller affiliate without the resources to fight this is that everyone will reach their own settlements, complete with confidentiality clauses. Of course, that will do little to deter other operators. From that POV I'm open to contributing towards a group claim if anything got organised.
    I think this is a fair point. However small affiliates could simply use the small claims track, and therefore you won't need any sort of legal representation. If your claim is for £10k or less, this is by far your best option. I have only had to get representation because for me the numbers involved mean that I can't use small claims.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to MannyBetting For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (6 September 2017)

  3. #162
    Punters Lounge is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 17 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justbookies View Post
    Yes, very messy for SkyBet.

    Personally I have found the more cooks you have, the less gets done. I applaud any class actions and I am happy to help with info if I have anything useful to contribute. But I am not placing my legal action in the hands of others. I am only interested in the legal view of my solicitor and barrister, not a million and one affiliates who may not have the stomach for court fight when push comes to shove. I have heard too much **** on this forum. Separate court actions will really scare SkyBet, or it ought to, with every barrister coming at them from different angles of emphasis in different parts of the country. It will really stretch their legal team and mount up their costs. I think a class action is a great idea, but it is not for me.
    Cool, you do what you have to do, but you'll be small fish alongside a class action with some big players in it and your settlement will be smaller. Separate court actions is what they want, what they don't want is a class action grabbing headlines and their shareprice nosediving. Trust me on this, I know what I'm talking about - in fact, go ask your lawyer what I just said, if he's any good he'll agree.
    Last edited by Punters Lounge; 6 September 2017 at 5:23 am.

  4. #163
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    On a side note, does anyone know what's going on with quotas in September? I've just realised that even though we're going to be getting paid for this month if we cut off traffic we'll be dropped to 5%.

    I'm assuming there's zero chance of them doing the decent thing and waiving the quota this month? Or do we need to send some accounts into the abyss to get the full amount owed.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (6 September 2017)

  6. #164
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,898
    Thanks
    896
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punters Lounge View Post
    Cool, you do what you have to do, but you'll be small fish alongside a class action with some big players in it and your settlement will be smaller. Separate court actions is what they want, what they don't want is a class action grabbing headlines and their shareprice nosediving. Trust me on this, I know what I'm talking about - in fact, go ask your lawyer what I just said, if he's any good he'll agree.
    I'll be happy to contribute funds to a class action. The only issue for me is time and my individual case is not worth much money anyway, but happy to contribute if someone wants to take it and run with it. So what we really need is someone to step forward, someone maybe deeply affected by the Skybet screw, to step forward and say "I'll organise this stuff". That is where it always breaks down with us affiliates (and modern society), too individualistic.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RacingJim For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (6 September 2017), MannyBetting (6 September 2017), Syndicate (6 September 2017)

  8. #165
    Punters Lounge is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 17 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RacingJim View Post
    I'll be happy to contribute funds to a class action. The only issue for me is time and my individual case is not worth much money anyway, but happy to contribute if someone wants to take it and run with it. So what we really need is someone to step forward, someone maybe deeply affected by the Skybet screw, to step forward and say "I'll organise this stuff". That is where it always breaks down with us affiliates (and modern society), too individualistic.
    Just be patient is all I'd say to anyone. There's a very good lawyer looking into it, but I can't say any more than that at the moment. For the record annual for us is 6 figures, so we're not playing games but you have to take a deep breath and do things the right way.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Punters Lounge For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (6 September 2017), MannyBetting (6 September 2017), TheBoyMitchell (6 September 2017)

  10. #166
    Punters Lounge is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 17 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    On a side note, does anyone know what's going on with quotas in September? I've just realised that even though we're going to be getting paid for this month if we cut off traffic we'll be dropped to 5%.

    I'm assuming there's zero chance of them doing the decent thing and waiving the quota this month? Or do we need to send some accounts into the abyss to get the full amount owed.
    You'll have to swallow that probably, but it would get covered in any legal action. I'm not sending them ****, and you doing so may cause problems in any lawsuit. Cut them off now.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Punters Lounge For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (6 September 2017)

  12. #167
    justbookies is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Posts
    1,289
    Thanks
    527
    Thanked 864 Times in 513 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punters Lounge View Post
    Cool, you do what you have to do, but you'll be small fish alongside a class action with some big players in it and your settlement will be smaller. Separate court actions is what they want, what they don't want is a class action grabbing headlines and their shareprice nosediving. Trust me on this, I know what I'm talking about - in fact, go ask your lawyer what I just said, if he's any good he'll agree.
    I have no confidence in any other affiliate getting anything off the ground. I don't know you from Adam, but I have read similar threads for years now and nobody has done anything. I have already seen a big affiliate on this thread wave the white flag - they always look for excuses why they cant win in court to justify why they are so gutless. When your anger subsides, will you have the bottle? I hope so. But I am not relying on it.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to justbookies For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (6 September 2017)

  14. #168
    Punters Lounge is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 17 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justbookies View Post
    I have no confidence in any other affiliate getting anything off the ground. I don't know you from Adam, but I have read similar threads for years now and nobody has done anything. I have already seen a big affiliate on this thread wave the white flag - they always look for excuses why they cant win to justify why they are so gutless. When your anger subsides, will you have the bottle? I hope so. But I am not relying on it.
    No you don't know me, if you did, you wouldn't have just said that. You're reacting with anger, which is the wrong move. You sound quite immature with your posts, this needs a cool, surgical approach and not let's fire 7 nukes at them. Do what you want to do.

  15. #169
    ds1999 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 9 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    I'm another small affiliate affected by this. Been letting the dust settle for a couple of days whilst working out what to do. The quota was an issue for me, but as I have been able to achieve it most months it now makes this an even bigger headache. It's a substantial and reliable future chunk of my business wiped out over night.

    I'm in touch with a couple of people for advice at this stage. I already have a few initial findings that are likely to align with the situation of others, but I will not post those details here. Moving forward, I'm willing to be part of any class action, or to take individual action as a co-ordinated member of a group. Whichever is deemed the best approach to firstly resolve this, then set a precedent against any others doing the same in future.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to ds1999 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (6 September 2017)

  17. #170
    colin3005 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2015
    Posts
    218
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 197 Times in 98 Posts

    Default

    A class action is all well and good if everyone is in the exact same position, but they aren't. Some people will have the contracts mentioned above that state any changes have to be in writing & signed, some don't. Some will have bespoke deals (like me) which means there will be slightly different terms to what others are on. That complicates things.
    However, there are pluses and minuses for both views. To me there are 4 types of people in this

    1. Those who have the funds to take this further using legal representation, and claims can't be allocated to the small claims. It will be costly, even if they (Bonne Terre Ltd/Sky Gaming/Hestview - whoever they are calling themselves this week) lose, they will most certainly appeal, and that means a not cheap barrister in the high court.
    2. Those who have enough legal knowledge to take action themselves. But be warned it won't be easy.
    3. Those who want to do something but don't have the funds, in which case joining with others is a good idea.
    4. Those who's earning are so small it isn't worth doing anything.

    There is no reason for anyone who actually gets to a courtroom to take a confidentiality clause. A court is extremely unlikely to order one as part of a judgement, and the only way its likely to come into play is if a settlement is done before a trial. In that case it wouldn't be precedent and no one else could use it anyway. If it does go to trial, then its a matter of public record, and it 'could' be used in future claims. I would certainly hope anyone who won an action would share the details with others, I would.

    A class action, if it fails, means everyone loses in one fell swoop, but if succeeds then everyone wins, and would be used as a precedent for future cases, and don't forget you have 6 years to claim. Individual claims, you could have 5 lose and 5 win, and they 'can' be used in other cases, but don't have to be as each case will be slightly different.

    Really it just depends on your point of view which way people go, but whichever way it won't be a simple case (which does not mean it won't succeed!)
    Last edited by colin3005; 6 September 2017 at 5:58 am.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to colin3005 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (6 September 2017), justbookies (6 September 2017), Syndicate (6 September 2017)

  19. #171
    MannyBetting's Avatar
    MannyBetting is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    England
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 109 Times in 44 Posts

    Default

    We're all on the same side here folks. And you all actually have good points.

    RacingJim is right, if a class action is going to happen it does need someone to step forward and say I am going to organize this, and to actually follow through with it.

    justbookies is right, this has happened plenty of times before and nothing has ever been done. It's easy to talk and make threats on a forum. Most people will never have the guts to follow through in real life. Based on this his skepticism is entirely justified.

    Punters Lounge is right, we don't know each other. Some people aren't just full of **** and actually do what they say they'll do. If this is you saying that you want to take the lead, and that maybe the process is already underway, then I and many others I am sure will want to listen to what you have to say. If my solicitor says that is the best option for me, I'll join in a heartbeat and support it 100%.

    In the absence of that, I'll take action on my own, so one way or the other I am somebody who is going to do something about this.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MannyBetting For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (6 September 2017), justbookies (6 September 2017)

  21. #172
    justbookies is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Posts
    1,289
    Thanks
    527
    Thanked 864 Times in 513 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punters Lounge View Post
    No you don't know me, if you did, you wouldn't have just said that. You're reacting with anger, which is the wrong move. You sound quite immature with your posts, this needs a cool, surgical approach and not let's fire 7 nukes at them. Do what you want to do.
    Read the last SkyBet thread, when they increased the quota. Everyone was collecting money for court action - it makes pathetic reading. By the way, you wont get people to join your class action by insulting and bullying them.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justbookies For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (6 September 2017), thebookiesoffers (7 September 2017)

  23. #173
    Punters Lounge is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 17 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colin3005 View Post
    A class action is all well and good if everyone is in the exact same position, but they aren't. Some people will have the contracts mentioned above that state any changes have to be in writing & signed, some don't. Some will have bespoke deals (like me) which means there will be slightly different terms to what others are on. That complicates things.
    However, there are pluses and minuses for both views. To me there are 4 types of people in this

    1. Those who have the funds to take this further using legal representation, and claims can't be allocated to the small claims. It will be costly, even if they lose, they will most certainly appeal, and that means a not cheap barrister in the high court.
    2. Those who have enough legal knowledge to take action themselves. But be warned it won't be easy.
    3. Those who want to do something but don't have the funds, in which case joining with others is a good idea.
    4. Those who's earning are so small it isn't worth doing anything.

    There is no reason for anyone who actually gets to a courtroom to take a confidentiality clause. A court is extremely unlikely to order one as part of a judgement, and the only way its likely to come into play is if a settlement is done before a trail. In that case it wouldn't be precedent and no one else could use it anyway. If it does go to trial, then its a matter of public record, and it 'could' be used in future claims. I would certainly hope anyone who won an action would share the details with others, I would.

    A class action, if it fails, means everyone loses in one fell swoop, but if succeeds then everyone wins, and would be used as a precedent for future cases, and don't forget you have 6 years to claim. Individual claims, you could have 5 lose and 5 win, and they 'can' be used in other cases, but don't have to be as each case will be slightly different.

    Really it just depends on your point of view which way people go, but whichever way it won't be a simple case (which does not mean it won't succeed!)
    It's a good point and may result in 2 class actions, pre 2010 and post 2010, but individual cases is a big no for the reasons you state, they can be cited in court as to why any case should be dismissed.

  24. #174
    Punters Lounge is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 17 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    @justbookies - The quotas was a totally different scenario, and one that other bookmakers have also introduced.

    Insulting and bullying - what on earth are you taking about? There's one ego here and it's yours. I don't give a **** if you're in the class action or not, plenty will be if it's viable.

    My name's Paul Ross, most people know me and they know I don't lie down and take **** from any bookmaker. So there you go, you know me now.

  25. #175
    justbookies is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Posts
    1,289
    Thanks
    527
    Thanked 864 Times in 513 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punters Lounge View Post
    @justbookies - The quotas was a totally different scenario, and one that other bookmakers have also introduced.

    Insulting and bullying - what on earth are you taking about? There's one ego here and it's yours. I don't give a **** if you're in the class action or not, plenty will be if it's viable.

    My name's Paul Ross, most people know me and they know I don't lie down and take **** from any bookmaker. So there you go, you know me now.
    I'll sing your praises when you take them to court. So far, sounds like the same old bravado we get every time.

  26. #176
    Punters Lounge is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 17 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MannyBetting View Post
    We're all on the same side here folks. And you all actually have good points.

    RacingJim is right, if a class action is going to happen it does need someone to step forward and say I am going to organize this, and to actually follow through with it.

    justbookies is right, this has happened plenty of times before and nothing has ever been done. It's easy to talk and make threats on a forum. Most people will never have the guts to follow through in real life. Based on this his skepticism is entirely justified.

    Punters Lounge is right, we don't know each other. Some people aren't just full of **** and actually do what they say they'll do. If this is you saying that you want to take the lead, and that maybe the process is already underway, then I and many others I am sure will want to listen to what you have to say. If my solicitor says that is the best option for me, I'll join in a heartbeat and support it 100%.

    In the absence of that, I'll take action on my own, so one way or the other I am somebody who is going to do something about this.
    Indeed we are, and it does need someone to take the lead. Just be patient because a top lawyer is looking into it. I think the case is more than viable, but my legal experience is limited. Time to be patient and wait on the lawyers legal opinion.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Punters Lounge For This Useful Post:

    ds1999 (6 September 2017), MannyBetting (6 September 2017)

  28. #177
    Punters Lounge is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 17 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    @justbookies - I think you'll find that's small affiliates with angry posts regarding the quotas thread, and I've no interest in you singing my praises, but perhaps we'll have a beer one day.

    Oh little nudge for you - your ladbrokes review where you've blacklisted them, you still have a banner and other links linking to them. I blacklisted 10bet recently and just redirected them to Bet365.

  29. #178
    freebetsfreetips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Location
    Leeds, England
    Posts
    427
    Thanks
    240
    Thanked 158 Times in 121 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    On a side note, does anyone know what's going on with quotas in September? I've just realised that even though we're going to be getting paid for this month if we cut off traffic we'll be dropped to 5%.

    I'm assuming there's zero chance of them doing the decent thing and waiving the quota this month? Or do we need to send some accounts into the abyss to get the full amount owed.
    Annoyingly we've just removed everything, then checked the stats to see some nice chap has just done £13k. Part of me, a large part, hopes he wins £200k back before the end of the month!
    authenticcontent.co.uk - high quality content writing service for sports betting sites (among others)
    bettingoffers.co - sports betting offers, enhanced odds and free bets

  30. #179
    justbookies is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Posts
    1,289
    Thanks
    527
    Thanked 864 Times in 513 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punters Lounge View Post
    I think you'll find that's small affiliates with angry posts regarding the quotas thread, and I've no interest in you singing my praises, but perhaps we'll have a beer one day.

    Oh little nudge for you - your ladbrokes review where you've blacklisted them, you still have a banner and other links linking to them. I blacklisted 10bet recently and just redirected them to Bet365.
    The jury is out for Ladbrokes with me. I have a deal with them and they 'sorted me out' when they were shafting everyone, but Ladbrokes Coral Group has become so dishonest I am unsure whether to continue with them or not despite the deal. I don't trust their stats or how they will behave in future. I have thousands of players with them, but may decide to just give them up. Unsure at moment. Hence the mixed messages for both reviews. I have stopped sending traffic just for now while I work out if I can keep working with them.

    If you want to compare annual revenues then you may find you are an even smaller affiliate than me. But this isn't a pissing up the wall contest. Maybe keep your ego and anger in check. If you edit out the macho **** and insults on your posts, we are on the same side and I agree with what you are saying. Just choosing to take a different route, but I hope we can all help each other.

  31. #180
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    12,175
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,685 Posts

    Default

    My suggestion is that everyone proceed in talking to their own legal reps. Lawsuits can be combined down the road into a single class at a later date - which takes time.

    By consulting your own legal rep now, you're at least taking your anger and momentum and going in the right direction - one that we all are individually in control of.

  32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

    Bettingsites (6 September 2017), justbookies (6 September 2017), MannyBetting (6 September 2017), Roulette Zeitung (6 September 2017), Triple7 (6 September 2017)

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •