Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    rak's Avatar
    rak
    rak is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    January 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,123
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 334 Times in 258 Posts

    Default Social: Google+ traffic surges by 1269 per cent

    JUST one week after going public to mainstream web users social networking site Google+ is giving Facebook reason to worry.

    According to web traffic tracking firm Experian Hitwise growth in visitors to the site has grown by 1269 per cent since the site invited users to join without an invite from a friend.

    http://www.news.com.au/technology/so...-1226149614760

  2. #2
    michael1981 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    321
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 60 Times in 48 Posts

    Default

    That's unbelievable growth, and so fast. If anyone had an online business with those statistics, they would be over the moon I don't think Google+ will overtake Facebook though. I think Google+ will be more popular among webmasters who believe it will improve their rankings

  3. #3
    rak's Avatar
    rak
    rak is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    January 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,123
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 334 Times in 258 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michael1981 View Post
    That's unbelievable growth, and so fast. If anyone had an online business with those statistics, they would be over the moon I don't think Google+ will overtake Facebook though. I think Google+ will be more popular among webmasters who believe it will improve their rankings
    I think FB will always be #1 with social networking. It has carved itself into that niche... it might lose users, but how many of those users come back... because all their friends are there?

  4. #4
    davemerry's Avatar
    davemerry is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    751
    Thanks
    332
    Thanked 230 Times in 182 Posts

    Default

    I may be crazy here, but that is not a massive percentage at all.

    When you start a brand new site (with marketing) analytics always report ridiculous growths based on previous months as the previous statistics are pretty much non-existent. If they are achieving even half that growth in 3 months time then I'll be surprised.

    Google+ will be non-existent in 3 years I think....

    Just my 2 cent

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •