Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    alexsmithwriting Guest

    Default Where To Find Clients?

    Hey everyone, long-time lurker here, but joined up today to seek your help!

    I'm a content writer, and have been writing for Casino affiliates for the last couple of years. I've developed a great knowledge of the online casino world (including games, casinos, and legislation etc), but work has dwindled down recently, and I'm really looking to expand my work and find a few new clients!

    (I'm not posting this is a job-advert, so please don't see it as that - I'm after actual advice!)

    Basically, I'm really struggling with how to approach/find suitable clients. I was thinking about reaching out directly to affiliate website owners, but hate the idea of coming across too pushy/invasive, and am not sure whether or not this is a good approach or not.

    I was also thinking about using freelance sites like UpWork and Freelancer, but casino-jobs appear to be dime a dozen, and those that are posted are often from new-affiliates who are looking to pay rock-bottom prices for mass content.

    Thanks in advance for any advice everyone!

    Alex

  2. #2
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    The forums can be a good way to find clients, that's how we have found a fair few writers over the years. Here and AGD mainly. PAL is a bit dead these days.

    You might also want to network with affiliates by going to a conference if ones close by. If you can meet people face to face you could well get work out of it, or at least get your name known.

    I'd avoid emailing site owners, I imagine the emails would largely get ignored. We get tons of random emails from people pimping seo services, trying to get brands added etc... no way we could ever reply to all of them.

    PPH/Upwork is a possibility, we use it from time to time but it's so hit and miss that we don't do too much on it.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    alexsmithwriting Guest

    Default

    Thanks for your advice.

    I agree about networking with affiliates - I found moderate success in doing so in a totally different niche, but I prefer to write in a topic I'm personally familiar with (self-confessed slot lover here), and working in the Casino industry just makes a lot more sense to me, due to the familiarity involved!

    I've also replied to your message via email, thanks for your help, it comes much appreciated!

    Alex

  5. #4
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,824
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    Asking your clients to recommend you on the forums would be a good idea. I'm more likely to hire a writer if they are recommended by a fellow affiliate that I trust.

  6. #5
    edgarf76's Avatar
    edgarf76 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks
    804
    Thanked 582 Times in 429 Posts

    Default

    Besides the forums I have heard that I Writer is a good place to find good customers. You can also make your own website and purchase google adwords.
    Visit Play Slots 4 Real Money and Casino Slots Money for trusted recommendations and tips on the best casinos.

  7. #6
    gaffg's Avatar
    gaffg is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    224
    Blog Entries
    11
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 156 Times in 77 Posts

    Default

    Affiliate conferences in theory are good but you would have to invest in flights, hotels and expenses and be starting off in the negative and you'll have to do some pitching almost no different than emailing websites direct.

    Build your portfolio to show the different sites you have written for, the bigger the more impressive it looks to sell yourself.

    Start your own content website, looks the most professional than having a gmail or any other free email.

  8. #7
    tehsik is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2011
    Location
    london
    Posts
    297
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 80 Times in 60 Posts

    Default

    i am recommending ALEX , he's a good lad and his writing is awesome

  9. #8
    FreePoker is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2015
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 36 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    This and other gaming forums are where I've found writers, and if I can find examples of their work easily it helps a lot.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to FreePoker For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (18 January 2018)

  11. #9
    zalozite's Avatar
    zalozite is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    305
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    I think, you can make a small website, where to explain about yourself, your portfolio and other materials. Then advertise the website and find new clients.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •