Quick question about merging sites for you seo types. I have two fairly small niche sites on similar topics that actually do quite well - rankings are stable(ish) and each send a respectable number of RMP's a month (for mini sites).
I want to merge them together with some additional content to form a third larger site, but there's some overlap between content so I'm not 100% sure of the best way of doing it.
Here's what we have:
Site A - Gets the most traffic and RMP's, but content isn't quite as good and also a bit out of date (was written years ago and forgotten about)
Site B - Gets less traffic/RMP's, but has higher quality content
Site C - Doesn't exist yet, but will be a new much larger site
So with regards to the overlapping content, should I:
1. Redirect Site A, let it get indexed on the new domain, then replace (or merge) the overlapping content with the content from Site B and set up redirects from that domain.
2. Redirect Site A and keep the old (worse) content, redirect Site B's non-overlapping content
3. Redirect Site B (better content) first and let it get indexed on the new domain, then redirect Site A but keep the content from Site B where there is an overlap
4. Redirect both sites and just use the better content from Site B where relevant
Anyone had any experience with this kind of set up?


LinkBack URL
About LinkBacks
Reply With Quote


