Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    MarTek is offline New Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Newbie to gambling online needs info on new US laws.

    Hi everyone,

    Thanks for your help.
    I'm new to gambling online, but would like to start my own white label, or private label casino and sports-book website.
    I reside in the USA, and I understand laws have been passed to restrict fund transfers to and from gambling sites (correct?)

    I need to know what I can still do legally (and what I can't) to start my new website.

    Thank you all for any assistance you may pass along.

  2. #2
    MichaelCorfman's Avatar
    MichaelCorfman is offline GPWA Executive Director
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    4,704
    Thanks
    1,089
    Thanked 6,367 Times in 2,042 Posts

    Default

    My advise to any resident of the United States is very simple. Do not operate a while-label casino that accepts any players from the United States. To do so is to engage in an activity that is criminal under United States laws. This is even more true if sports betting is involved. There are currently people in jail in the United States because they were involved in offering sports betting on the Internet to US residents.

    Operating as an affiliate is generally safe enough (although sports betting is also risky) from a legal perspective for most webmasters (state laws matter here), but participating as a operator is definitely unsafe legally.

    In the case of Casino City, we have always avoided being involved in sports betting as a US company in order to mitigate any legal risks. And, of course, we do not participate in the industry as an operator. We only act as an affiliate.

    Michael
    GPWA Executive Director, Casino City CEO, Friend to the Village Idiot
    Resources for Affiliates: iGamingDirectory.com, iGamingAffiliatePrograms.com, GamingMeets.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    2,092
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 172 Times in 120 Posts

    Default I agree 100%

    When I started I was asking the same question, but I quickly came to the realization that the markets in legally regulated environments were more than enough to make it worth while.

    When you offer a "regulated" casino to your readers you are going to be sure that they are most likely going to get paid, have less problems depositing, and you as an affiliate are going to be able to trust the casino (more than an US unregulated one) to stay open to pay your players and yourself as an affiliate.

    So, build your sites towards a more global audience.

    Good luck!

  4. #4
    MarTek is offline New Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Okay, so an affiliate is the safest way to go,
    and if I do start a white label, it should not accept customers from the US.

    Thank you, Michael.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    2,092
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 172 Times in 120 Posts

    Default

    Start off as an affiliate, I think you'll do better. It will give you the chance of learning the industry. I made the mistake of starting off with a white label, and I didn't know anything about the online gaming industry.

    Cheers!

  6. #6
    MarTek is offline New Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Thanks Wager, I'll do that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •