Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. #1
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    12,175
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,685 Posts

    Thumbs down bgobuddies preditory & retroactive change of terms

    Anyone turning a blind eye to the Skybet thievery should be concerned that others are following suit. We recently received notice that bgodecided that it is in the best interest of the company to move affiliates to a tiered revenue share that goes on a sliding scale based on the amount of first time players brought in during a given month.

    Zero new players gives a 15% commission, while 1-10 players gives a 20% commission... and so on.

    If this decision is what they decide is "best for business", I can accept that even though I strongly disagree with it. However, this should not be applied to customers brought in under a previous deal. Sadly, bgo buddies has applied this term to our existing player base (which was once again brought in under a different deal).

    Moreover, we did not "accept" these terms. In fact, we were not given the option of either "accepting" or "refusing" to work under these terms. We also were not given advance notice that there would be changes.

    In other threads, some people have taken on the posture that "oh, these guys were affiliates themselves, they would never screw us". In light of this notification from them, I call bullshit. Add to the mix that there are a few threads at Casinomeister that hint to slow pay / no pay situations, and it seems to me that there might be some deeper "issues" within that organization.

    Anyone thinking that these situations (this one, skybet, etc) do not apply to them - think again. Roll over and put your blinders on now at the risk of getting screwed next by someone else...

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

    KasinoKing (2 December 2015), SimonTheSorcerer (19 December 2015), SnazzySlots (7 November 2015), Triple7 (6 November 2015)

  3. #2
    colin3005 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2015
    Posts
    218
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 197 Times in 98 Posts

    Default

    Disgusting and hopefully they will be listed as rogue.

    At least it isn't as bad as Sky's 5%, but it doesn't really matter, any change to the terms of any agreement cannot be backdated.

  4. #3
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,988
    Thanks
    4,540
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    I'm not so sure anyone is turning a blind eye to the issue shay, that would be like calling an affiliate a fool back on 2005 for warning about how bad quotas would become one day......

    Rick
    Universal4

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (6 November 2015)

  6. #4
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    12,175
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,685 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    I'm not so sure anyone is turning a blind eye to the issue shay, that would be like calling an affiliate a fool back on 2005 for warning about how bad quotas would become one day......

    Rick
    Universal4
    By "blind eye", I mean adopting the mindset of "oh, I don't work with skybet - this does not affect me and won't ever affect me".

    As for quotas, I am not a fan and will not work with quotas in place. I don't feel that I can be "objective" when I have a quota in my face. I prefer the "perform and you'll get better placement" approach.

    And I definitely do not believe that there is any legal right to change a deal for players already delivered...

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

    Triple7 (6 November 2015)

  8. #5
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,988
    Thanks
    4,540
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    Completely agree

    Rick
    Universal4

  9. #6
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,872
    Thanks
    2,043
    Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,324 Posts

    Default

    I do not work with SkyBet, neither with Bgo"buddies", but I do realize it affects me and I notice it also affects me. Easily you can replace the name of SkyBet or BGo"buddies" by many programs that do not scream it loud, but do practise this sort of things and just close accounts or put you on a lower commission.

    In my opinion many affiliates turn a blind eye on many things. Not just dodgy programs scamming affiliates....

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Triple7 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (6 November 2015)

  11. #7
    Jokerman99 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 247 Times in 145 Posts

    Default

    Not overly surprising given Playtech now own a large part of the company. Standard by them to partake in unethical, scummy practises such as these.

    BGO seem ok, but they are also affiliates and strong in SEO, so by giving them all your data you're also giving more data to your own competitors which they no doubt aim to use as part of their SEO/content strategy.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jokerman99 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (7 November 2015), Triple7 (8 November 2015)

  13. #8
    GCG
    GCG is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    1,293
    Thanks
    306
    Thanked 777 Times in 430 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman99 View Post
    Not overly surprising given Playtech now own a large part of the company. Standard by them to partake in unethical, scummy practises such as these.

    BGO seem ok, but they are also affiliates and strong in SEO, so by giving them all your data you're also giving more data to your own competitors which they no doubt aim to use as part of their SEO/content strategy.
    Never had any results with them, this explains why they feel that other affiliates are competitors and probably have cut corners to pay for the SEO by stealing from affiliates.

    Most UK programs are shady nowadays.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GCG For This Useful Post:

    dfiocch (7 November 2015), Triple7 (7 November 2015)

  15. #9
    GamblingEnthusiast is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 60 Times in 38 Posts

    Default

    I still have the old comission structure. Tier 1 = 33 %.

    I think this new comission structure is only for new affiliates.

    But I might be wrong.




    Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

  16. #10
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    12,175
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,685 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GamblingEnthusiast View Post
    I still have the old comission structure. Tier 1 = 33 %.

    I think this new comission structure is only for new affiliates.

    But I might be wrong.




    Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
    We are not a new affiliate. We worked with them since before they were bgo & they were still using Ignite's god awful platform for affiliate reporting.

    bgo as a whole have been historically horrible with communications. They may roll the way they did with the whole "mis-calculating bonuses" ordeal from a few months ago - where they deducted commission from us and then well after the fact, they got around to responding about it. They claimed they did not want to send a mass email out, as that would cause too much confusion and instead, they wanted to notify affiliates 1 by 1 (and they had not yet got to us).

    Here is the new commission schedule they're "forcing" upon us xxxxbgobuddies.com/commission/ for all present, past, and future players.

  17. #11
    GamblingEnthusiast is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 60 Times in 38 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shay- View Post
    We are not a new affiliate. We worked with them since before they were bgo & they were still using Ignite's god awful platform for affiliate reporting.

    bgo as a whole have been historically horrible with communications. They may roll the way they did with the whole "mis-calculating bonuses" ordeal from a few months ago - where they deducted commission from us and then well after the fact, they got around to responding about it. They claimed they did not want to send a mass email out, as that would cause too much confusion and instead, they wanted to notify affiliates 1 by 1 (and they had not yet got to us).

    Here is the new commission schedule they're "forcing" upon us xxxxbgobuddies.com/commission/ for all present, past, and future players.
    I have seen that structure, but that page was there since the move to IA in the spring. So I thought it was just for new affiliates.

    Are you telling me that they have moved you over to the new Commission ? That would be very bad...

  18. #12
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    12,175
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,685 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GamblingEnthusiast View Post
    I have seen that structure, but that page was there since the move to IA in the spring. So I thought it was just for new affiliates.

    Are you telling me that they have moved you over to the new Commission ? That would be very bad...
    Yes, we were on a custom flat rate deal. They moved us to that deal (without notice, without us agreeing) and apparently it impacts the players we sent via the old deal as well as any new players going forward (if we choose to send them any type of traffic).

    The "voice" of the email suggested that all affiliates are being moved to the commission schedule referenced above.
    Last edited by -Shay-; 8 November 2015 at 10:59 pm.

  19. #13
    Madz's Avatar
    Madz is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    371
    Thanks
    281
    Thanked 229 Times in 154 Posts

    Default

    Im with BGO and at the moment only have a few depositors. This month 1 so far. I was not notified about this new change from BGO nor was I notified about them stealing what little commission I earned a few months ago.

    Like I have mentioned in a previous post Im still new to promoting casino's. Im about 8 months in and BGO and Sky are the only two that I have depositing players for and they just seem to want to shaft me and everyone else

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Madz For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (15 November 2015)

  21. #14
    celena's Avatar
    celena is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2008
    Posts
    1,817
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    3,747
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,083 Posts

    Default

    I have not been notified by BGO. It is true that communication is zero!

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to celena For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (16 November 2015)

  23. #15
    Herki is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2014
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Ironic that BGO was set-up by an affiliate Richard Skelhorn former owner of CasinoChoice.co.uk and very well known in the industry......

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Herki For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (26 November 2015)

  25. #16
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,872
    Thanks
    2,043
    Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,324 Posts

    Default

    Today I have received some BGO-spam, while I never signed up for such messages.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Triple7 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (27 November 2015)

  27. #17
    KasinoKing's Avatar
    KasinoKing is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Hastings by the sea - England
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 104 Times in 56 Posts

    Default

    Only just seen this thread.
    I did not get any notification about this change.
    But on the other hand, my commission for November has been calculated on the flat rate deal agree when I signed-up.
    So maybe there not quite such huge bastards as SKY VEGAS.

    KK
    Slots Player, Golf Lover & Webmaster.
    KasinoKingMobile.com : All the best casinos on the internet today
    usaOKcasinos.com : Best casinos for American players.
    australiaOKcasinos.com: As above, but for Aussies.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KasinoKing For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (2 December 2015), GamblingEnthusiast (2 December 2015)

  29. #18
    GamblingEnthusiast is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 60 Times in 38 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KasinoKing View Post
    Only just seen this thread.
    I did not get any notification about this change.
    But on the other hand, my commission for November has been calculated on the flat rate deal agree when I signed-up.
    So maybe there not quite such huge bastards as SKY VEGAS.

    KK
    Same here, still the flat rate I had before.

    But I think the fees are a bit high 20% and -bonuses. Plus if the players are from UK, you also have the 15 % tax.

    As mine players are mainly from UK it is:

    Deposit - 35% - bonus = net revenue

    PS. I just figured out that if you click on player id in the player report, you will see all the deposits made that month by that player.

    Just figured that out about IA, hehe. I feel stupid...


    Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GamblingEnthusiast For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (3 December 2015), suffolkpoker (12 December 2015)

  31. #19
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    12,175
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,685 Posts

    Default

    Well, I am glad to hear that many others have not been hit over the head (retroactively) with an "adjustment" to their deal. As I have mentioned before, I would have no problems with them changing the deal for all new players brought in "from here on out" - but to straight change the deal for players already brought in = unacceptable for them or anyone else to do such things.

  32. #20
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    12,175
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,685 Posts

    Default

    Might want to check your player count at bgobuddies. We just checked ours and over 50% of the players have "disappeared". Said another way, there are less players in bgo's player database tagged to us than there were when they migrated over to the "award winning" income access software.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •