Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Jambo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 226 Times in 155 Posts

    Default The Winning Poker(WPN) Network blocks Pokerking account with 70k balance (Resolved)

    Almost a week ago we requested a withdrawal of $ 9,500 from our account, which was never processed. Two days later, we received a completely pointless email:


    At Winning Poker Network, we're committed to make sure our games remain fair and honest. Part of that effort includes randomly selecting accounts for human verification.

    Makes no sense at all, since this is not an account with gaming activity, but an affiliate/agent account, which should also be noted as such.


    Unfortunately, payouts at WPN are never made directly, but all run through a normal player account.


    Although the account has already been verified, ID and proof of address were requested again. Of course they received all the documents a few hours later as requested. No reaction, but account blocked!!

    No explanation or feedback since 2 days and the account with over 70k blocked. Pokerking says they can't do anything because it comes from the WPN Network.

    We have seen a lot over the years, but this makes me speechless and just shows to the unprofessionalism.

    We know that WPN doesn’t have a good reputation and doesn’t care much about laws and rules, that's why players from almost all countries are actually accepted without licenses. I could imagine a lot but never that they behave in such a way with us as partner. To be fair, I must say we never had issues with WPN until today!

    Let's see how this continues. Hopefully it doesn't become a legal matter. They have absolutely no reason to withhold the money, but well, they also had no reason to block the account. But with such offshore companies, you never know. I can hardly imagine that they would actually try to cheat a big affiliate like us and destroy their reputation more, but we have learned in the past that everything is possible in our industry.

    Whoever is reading this thread should be warned.
    Last edited by Jambo; 23 September 2021 at 3:11 pm.
    https://www.yourpokerdream.com/

    - Contact us if you are looking for fantastic Sub-Affiliate Deals at GGPoker/Natural8/iPoker/WPN/CoinPoker

  2. #2
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,453
    Thanks
    9,156
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    That’s really disgusting. They have absolutely no right to be holding back your money! They see that you’ve made a decent amount of money and then decide to make it difficult for you to obtain your earnings. What’s outright ridiculous is the fact that you have provided them with the verification that they were seeking from you and it’s made no difference. That’s a really low blow. I can’t stand programs who treat us like we’re completely worthless and we don’t get a say in anything. It’s so unfair. They do whatever they want and they expect us to just sit back and watch. Such nonsense. I sincerely hope that this gets resolved for you, without the need for a lawsuit.
    Last edited by Cash Bonus; 23 September 2021 at 4:29 pm.

  3. #3
    PROFRBcom's Avatar
    PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    1,511
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 808 Posts

    Default

    I am not accusing you of anything, but I do believe WPN has been cracking down on affiliates who break the ToS. For example, with under the table deals. Using P2P transfers to avoid paying deposit/withdrawal affiliate fees, etc.

    Do you have a rep on ACR/BCP? If so, have you spoken to them about your PK situation?
    https://professionalrakeback.com

    We write excellent long-form content for other webmasters, for free.
    How can we work together on a win/win deal? Be creative!

  4. #4
    Jambo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 226 Times in 155 Posts

    Default

    We always follow the rules and never do something what is not approved by the poker room!

    Our contact at ACR/BCP cant do anything because they don't handle the PK affiliate program. We are just tired of such behavior and that's exactly the reason why we always avoided bringing more traffic to them because we still did not build the trust which we have with our other partner sites.
    Last edited by Jambo; 24 September 2021 at 3:18 am.
    https://www.yourpokerdream.com/

    - Contact us if you are looking for fantastic Sub-Affiliate Deals at GGPoker/Natural8/iPoker/WPN/CoinPoker

  5. #5
    PROFRBcom's Avatar
    PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    1,511
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 808 Posts

    Default

    So let me get this straight:

    Your PokerKing affiliate account withdrawal is rejected, for an unknown reason.
    You contacted PK, and they said they cannot do anything about it because it is a directive from Winning Poker Network (the Fraud/Security dept presumably).
    You contacted your ACR/BCP rep, and they said they cannot do anything about it because it has to do with PokerKing.

    Is this correct?

    Have you tried contacting Winning Poker Network? info@winningpokernetwork.com

  6. #6
    Jambo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 226 Times in 155 Posts

    Default

    After 3 days our Pokerking contact person told us today finally some more information and that WPN run some kind of security check for some players and that's why our account is blocked. We even can't log in anymore for 3 days. Our 9,5k withdrawal is pending since almost 1 week now.

    It's perfectly fine if there is any security check on players, only that it has nothing to do with our account as affiliate and the money that belongs to us. If a player for example break the rules or whatever, then they can block the account, take their money or whatever, but that's not our problem.

    Yes our ACR/BCP rep cant do anything because they have nothing to do with the PK affiliate program what is understandable, but at least forwarded our case/complaint to the responsible department.

    We assume that the matter will be solved soon, because there is no reason to close our account and withhold money and WPN would only harm damage their reputation, have bad publicity, lose us as partner and many players. It makes no sense at all.


    The problem here is the whole process, the lack of professionalism and that there is no communication at all from WPN. That's just not how you treat a partner. And to block an account with over 70k from a long term partner without any real reason and without communication is not the way how a business relationship should work.

    We never had such situation and experience with any of our partners in all the years, that's why we are really shocked.
    https://www.yourpokerdream.com/

    - Contact us if you are looking for fantastic Sub-Affiliate Deals at GGPoker/Natural8/iPoker/WPN/CoinPoker

  7. #7
    PROFRBcom's Avatar
    PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    1,511
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 808 Posts

    Default

    It's perfectly fine if there is any security check on players, only that it has nothing to do with our account as affiliate and the money that belongs to us. If a player for example break the rules or whatever, then they can block the account, take their money or whatever, but that's not our problem.

    Whether you are an affiliate or not, it is your problem if you transferred funds to and accepted transferred funds from players with shady history/under investigation. And it will result in delays, it's just how things work. Security has to investigate such things. Again, I don't know if that is your situation, but it is a common situation, as I have heard it from other affiliates in the past.

    However, I am glad to hear that you are on your way to resolving the situation. I also agree with you, WPN ****s up a lot of things that it should not, and I certainly do not agree with all of their policies or every way in which they do business. But I do not think they are thieves or out to steal your money, or any other affiliate or player's money. Most of the issues are due to incompetence and/or the lax cultural work ethic of some of their employees (when compared versus strict corporate Western standards).

    If you do run into an unresolvable situation or undue hardship, I know people at WPN, and can probably get someone of substance to at least look at any egregious unresolved issue.

    With all that said, PokerKing is a cancer on WPN and I am sure it will be removed, one way or another, in the future. If you seek long-term viability on WPN, I would swap over to the WPN-owned brands if I were you.

    Cheers

  8. #8
    Jambo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 226 Times in 155 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PROFRBcom View Post
    If you do run into an unresolvable situation or undue hardship, I know people at WPN, and can probably get someone of substance to at least look at any egregious unresolved issue.Cheers
    Thank you, I appreciate it! All should be solved until the beginning of next week or hopefully even today because it is still a working day in Costa Rica. Pokerking told us today that WPN said they will finish the investigation as fast as possible. If it will be still not solved next week I will update this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by PROFRBcom View Post
    But I do not think they are thieves or out to steal your money, or any other affiliate or player's money
    I don't want to say they are thieves and we have had never any issues so far and with BCP and ACR all is fine. The problem is only with our Pokerking account. It's not our goal to talk bad about WPN or Pokerking, but I think it's important to talk about such stuff also in public and maybe it helps to improve different things for the future to make everybody more happy and also the life for WPN more easy.

    Quote Originally Posted by PROFRBcom View Post
    With all that said, PokerKing is a cancer on WPN and I am sure it will be removed, one way or another, in the future. If you seek long-term viability on WPN, I would swap over to the WPN-owned brands if I were you.
    Why you think so? I must say Pokerking is really a good skin and we had never any issues so far. And of course it has a reason why we promote Pokerking more as ACR or BCP for example
    https://www.yourpokerdream.com/

    - Contact us if you are looking for fantastic Sub-Affiliate Deals at GGPoker/Natural8/iPoker/WPN/CoinPoker

  9. #9
    PROFRBcom's Avatar
    PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    1,511
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 808 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
    Why you think so? I must say Pokerking is really a good skin and we had never any issues so far. And of course it has a reason why we promote Pokerking more as ACR or BCP for example

    Because PK does what every other 3rd party operator has done on this network, which is engage in undercutting the parent company through player poaching, under the table deals, affiliate enticements, etc.

    I have lived through the old "affiliate wars" in poker. I've seen it. I even, shamefully, participated in it when I was new to the business. This behavior gets punished. Harshly.

    You know BCP used to be a 3rd party skin too right? It didn't last. I don't think PK will either. I've seen over a dozen WPN skins shuttered for various reasons, and PK has replicated many of those offenses.

  10. #10
    Jambo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 226 Times in 155 Posts

    Default

    You have most probably more experience with WPN.

    Of course, I don't know what arrangements PokerKing has with WPN, but I think they work so as it should be and don't break any WPN rules. I think that PK is also an important skin that a lot of players from Europe use to come to WPN. But of course that is only my personal opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by PROFRBcom View Post
    You know BCP used to be a 3rd party skin too right? It didn't last.
    No, I did not know it, to be honest. I believe it was a very long time ago.
    https://www.yourpokerdream.com/

    - Contact us if you are looking for fantastic Sub-Affiliate Deals at GGPoker/Natural8/iPoker/WPN/CoinPoker

  11. #11
    Jambo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 226 Times in 155 Posts

    Default

    Just to update the thread. We finally received an answer from WPN and a short explanation about the situation to understand a bit better what's going on here.

    We are still not happy about this situation, but expect that all is solved soon.
    https://www.yourpokerdream.com/

    - Contact us if you are looking for fantastic Sub-Affiliate Deals at GGPoker/Natural8/iPoker/WPN/CoinPoker

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jambo For This Useful Post:

    universal4 (24 September 2021)

  13. #12
    Jambo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 226 Times in 155 Posts

    Default

    Our account is free and WPN answered us that all is fine. All solved!
    https://www.yourpokerdream.com/

    - Contact us if you are looking for fantastic Sub-Affiliate Deals at GGPoker/Natural8/iPoker/WPN/CoinPoker

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jambo For This Useful Post:

    Anthony (27 September 2021), PROFRBcom (25 September 2021), Strider1973 (25 September 2021)

  15. #13
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,453
    Thanks
    9,156
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    Glad you got it resolved, Jambo. Thought they’d give you a hard time getting that amount.

  16. #14
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline GPWA/APCW Program Director
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,294
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,201
    Thanked 3,610 Times in 1,901 Posts

    Default

    I marked the thread as resolved.
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •