Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: enough

  1. #1
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Thumbs down enough

    This is my first post. In regards to content thieves, scrapers, black hatters I show no mercy. There is no contacting Google, yahoo or anyone except the person doing the stealing. This is a very serious issue which I do not tolerate for my site or to another honest webmasters.

    I am almost up to date on these matters. Its a matter of time when real solutions will be found. For the time being, I usually send the thief an email, give 24 hours, and if they do not comply. I will severly cripple something, operating sytem, website, or several other things.

    So if your are a member of this forum who practices in this dirty stuff, I give you my warnning!!!pgaming

  2. #2
    casinoglen's Avatar
    casinoglen is offline GPWA Caretaker Emeritus
    Join Date
    January 2003
    Posts
    3,700
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Well, a bit harsh, but point received. I assure you that no one who is a member here has stolen any content. That's one of GPWA's first rules. Any copying of any content found, the user, whether public or private members, are banned.

    We don't employ any illegal techniques such as causing damage to their sites, or pc's or anything of that nature. We simply ban them, and under the new rules, their sites, along with associated information will be listed in a sticky here to let the public know.

    We give fair warning for the content to be removed beforehand, however. It's been our experience, that this is a very effective technique, and have never had to go beyond the initial mail but only on a couple of occasions, and then we involved affiliate managers, who were instrumental in having said content removed.

    At GPWA, we don't like to threaten our users, whether public or private, affiliate manager, player, or whatever their capacity may be in the industry, so, we'll leave things at that, and I'll leave it in place. We'll use this as the opportunity to please not use the forums as an avenue for making threats

  3. #3
    bigbcasinos's Avatar
    bigbcasinos is offline In Memoriam, 1961-2024
    Join Date
    January 2003
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    3,409
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 52 Times in 24 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pgaming
    This is my first post. In regards to content thieves, scrapers, black hatters I show no mercy. There is no contacting Google, yahoo or anyone except the person doing the stealing. This is a very serious issue which I do not tolerate for my site or to another honest webmasters.

    I am almost up to date on these matters. Its a matter of time when real solutions will be found. For the time being, I usually send the thief an email, give 24 hours, and if they do not comply. I will severly cripple something, operating sytem, website, or several other things.

    So if your are a member of this forum who practices in this dirty stuff, I give you my warnning!!!pgaming
    Oooohhhh

    You missed the obvious solution! You won't believe how accommodating most affiliate managers are. (Really, all bar a few are VERY accommodating). It's easy, take down the tag info and mail your favorite affiliate managers, sit back and watch the fur fly. Truly, this method outperforms ALL others. The webmaster risks forfeit of ALL earnings. Definitely the right kind of threat to make him remove content from his site.

    The affiliate managers get generous support from board members when they come to the rescue. The opposite is also applicable. Affiliate managers who ignore a plea are likely to find themselves somewhat alienated. I guess all the honest people, especially members here, simply like to know they have someone on their side, someone who gives a damn. It somehow sticks in the brain next time they add an extra banner to their front page.
    Last edited by bigbcasinos; 11 December 2005 at 2:22 pm.
    Have a wonderful day

    Brian
    Online Casinos (Big B Casinos)
    Casino Slots (Casino Slots Wizard)
    Online Slots (Slots Casinos)

  4. #4
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Thumbs up

    Well I feel compelled to respond. In regards to affiliates managers giving a helping hand, in most cases this is true, but not always. I do not know if you are aware of this but did you know 888.com endorses the practice of scraping sites. I can provide proof of this, in fact there are others as well. Don't you ever receive spammy traffic results? One month you have a player next month, vanished.

    I give a dam alright. To assume no one on this forum has stolen content or done anything to harm a fellow webmaster is a fallacy. If I had more time I would be more than happy to expose them and send them back to their monkey cages. Time is not on my side thts for sure.

    My loyalties lie with honest webmasters who work very hard everyday. pgaming

  5. #5
    casinoglen's Avatar
    casinoglen is offline GPWA Caretaker Emeritus
    Join Date
    January 2003
    Posts
    3,700
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    OK. Here's the deal. You've registered at this forum, made all of 2 posts and more or less in both have accused my members off scraping your sites. Be of with you and find somewhere else to post then.

    GPWA boasts membership of some of the internets top and most respected webmasters and for you to lump everyone into a group of thieves is a fallacy my friend. Take your drivel elsewhere.

    I fail to understand why, if someone doesn't like it here, they insist on being nasty. I do not, and will not tolerate it.
    Last edited by casinoglen; 11 December 2005 at 7:39 pm.

  6. #6
    casinoglen's Avatar
    casinoglen is offline GPWA Caretaker Emeritus
    Join Date
    January 2003
    Posts
    3,700
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    I've re-opened this thread with a warning: If you make an accusation at this forum, be prepared to back it up. I've taken care of this in a PM, but to the user base in general, if you pop in here, and make an accusation about anyone for anything, have something to back up your claim, or I will close the thread.

  7. #7
    bigbcasinos's Avatar
    bigbcasinos is offline In Memoriam, 1961-2024
    Join Date
    January 2003
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    3,409
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 52 Times in 24 Posts

    Default

    Casinoglen

    It's obvious that pgaming is a VERY angry webmaster, lets assume that in the normal course of events, they don't always publish harsh and accusatory posts.

    Pgaming, the one thing this board has been growing and growing is a culture of restraint until black and white evidence is presented. Please provide proof of any claim against GPWA members to Casinoglen and then wait and see. GPWA reputation would not be solid if they were to ignore your proof. GPWA reputation would also however be in tatters if they accepted every post as fact. If someone here accuses you of any act then they better be prepared to prove it. The GPWA would defend you too if it came to an unsubstantiated claim.

    Have I been scraped? Yeah.... Do I know who? Yeah...... Are they a member here? No......

    They have been exposed at another forum, outright, as scrapers though. They are pushing certain programs because GOOD affiliate managers won't tolerate their acts.

    Provide proof of 888.com and it will be incumbent on them to respond. First, make a post that Aff ID 12345678 of theirs has scraped your content. It's up to them to respond to that and to take appropriate action. If they don't respond, then that would be a form of self condemnation I guess. Just because some affiliates are using them doesn't guarantee that they are condoning it. But if they don't take action, then they must own up to their attitude towards transgressors.
    Have a wonderful day

    Brian
    Online Casinos (Big B Casinos)
    Casino Slots (Casino Slots Wizard)
    Online Slots (Slots Casinos)

  8. #8
    bigbcasinos's Avatar
    bigbcasinos is offline In Memoriam, 1961-2024
    Join Date
    January 2003
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    3,409
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 52 Times in 24 Posts

    Default

    Ooops

    Sorry Casinoglen, I posted while you posted. Same message more or less I guess.
    Have a wonderful day

    Brian
    Online Casinos (Big B Casinos)
    Casino Slots (Casino Slots Wizard)
    Online Slots (Slots Casinos)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •