Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    PaulEchere's Avatar
    PaulEchere is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2020
    Posts
    731
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 230 Times in 179 Posts

    Default High ranking page disappeared from search results

    Hey,

    Today I noticed some updates in GSC and it so happens that I also noticed one of my top pages being completely gone from search results.
    The "site:" operator doesn't show that page anymore, I know its not always accurate, but the page in question is no longer shown at all for search terms where it had top positions. There are a number of other pages where I can see a similar thing as well, all of them were working as expected yesterday (for example).
    Wondering if anyone is having any similar issues or had in the past. Any point in requesting a re-crawl.
    P.s. there are no manual actions or anything of that sort either.

  2. #2
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 840 Times in 617 Posts

    Default

    Didn't you make some heavy design changes to the site recently. Might be related.

    Also...it's sometimes good news when a page disappears....it's in the dance and comes back stronger/higher.

  3. #3
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 840 Times in 617 Posts

    Default

    PS I have an account with Omega Indexer and plenty of spare credits if you want to test an indexing attempt on one of the pages

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to chaumi For This Useful Post:

    PaulEchere (20 April 2021)

  5. #4
    PaulEchere's Avatar
    PaulEchere is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2020
    Posts
    731
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 230 Times in 179 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for being ready to help! Appreciate it.
    Luckily I decided to sleep on it (even though it cost me a good several hours of sleep.
    The page is back today, I browsed Google's webmaster forum and looks like quite a few people had a similar issue with their top performing pages yesterday.

    Quote Originally Posted by chaumi View Post
    PS I have an account with Omega Indexer and plenty of spare credits if you want to test an indexing attempt on one of the pages

  6. #5
    PROFRBcom's Avatar
    PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    1,511
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 808 Posts

    Default

    Glad your page came back Paul.

    Would be interested to see if it recovers its former rankings, improves, declines, etc.

  7. #6
    PaulEchere's Avatar
    PaulEchere is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2020
    Posts
    731
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 230 Times in 179 Posts

    Default

    It is quite a strange occurrence, it is back as if nothing happened. From what I can tell at least it is on the same positions for the same KWs as it was prior to this happening.

    Quote Originally Posted by PROFRBcom View Post
    Glad your page came back Paul.

    Would be interested to see if it recovers its former rankings, improves, declines, etc.

  8. #7
    gil.langelaan's Avatar
    gil.langelaan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2018
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    966
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 308 Times in 244 Posts

    Default

    Oh, Paul that's very good that everything returned back!

    I'm really glad for you!

    I have also read on forum that some people had the same issue, but nobody knows what's going on...

  9. #8
    Strider1973's Avatar
    Strider1973 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    449
    Thanks
    337
    Thanked 268 Times in 182 Posts

    Default

    This reminds me of a "shock" I experienced over 10 years ago.

    Traffic went down to 0

    After a stressful 24 hours I found out that I had deleted the Google Analytics code from the header...
    "Semper paratus!"
    My BTC Address: 1F11EJvSAab5vMQgGWGQMASr9T7LCkZjvb

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strider1973 For This Useful Post:

    agsgroup (20 April 2021), chaumi (20 April 2021), GamingPro (20 April 2021), Kapitalo (23 April 2021), PROFRBcom (22 April 2021)

  11. #9
    Perffy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    I saw similar problem. Couple of months ago i had let's 60k indexed pages in Google, now i have around 15k. The good thing till now is that my traffic haven't changed much

  12. #10
    CHIC21's Avatar
    CHIC21 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2021
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Usually, when checking, if there is no domain for such a request, this is a sign of sanctions. If it does not appear stable after 1-2 days, see the console

  13. #11
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,415
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,004 Times in 1,256 Posts

    Default

    looks like a panda issue.. site quality for sure..


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •