Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1
    Murton is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Burnley
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Default Google PR Update

    I just wanted a few opinions...

    When do you guys reacon the next PR update will be?

    Generally every three months and it has been four months now...

  2. #2
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    I believe Google accesses page rank daily publicly posting the results randomly throughout the year.

    JMO

    greek39
    Greek39

  3. #3
    AK's Avatar
    AK
    AK is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    558
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked 90 Times in 65 Posts

    Default

    There is usually 2 major updates a year with a new one coming anytime.

  4. #4
    thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,225
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

    Default

    My guess the GREEN BAR in the google tool bar will be updated probably around the beginning of September. This is known as TBPR (toolbar pagerank)

    Your sites actual PR (which you cant see) is always updated. In ranking terms the green bar you see is pretty pointless

  5. #5
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,987
    Thanks
    4,540
    Thanked 9,296 Times in 5,980 Posts

    Default

    Well let's see....

    #1 I guess we can all agree it's a valid question, but there is a hidden problem.

    #2 It's pretty clear that you place a LOT of emphasis on the toolbar pr and yet.....toolbar pr is NOT nearly as an important seo point as many seo specialists would have you believe.

    Riock
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  6. #6
    Muppet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2007
    Posts
    577
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked 661 Times in 290 Posts

    Default

    I don't really care.

    I would rather have a site rank well for search terms than worry about a number which is both months out of date and one of only hundreds if not thousands of factors which determine SERPS.

  7. #7
    nielsenj is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2007
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Toolbar updates are not easy to predict. Information about the latest updates can be seen at these pages:

    http://www.searchenginegenie.com/goo...date-list.html (English)

    http://www.seo-ranking-tools.de/page...e-history.html (German)

  8. #8
    igamingforums is offline New Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    there was an update of toolbar PR in May/June...google does it more frequent then before.

  9. #9
    allfreechips's Avatar
    allfreechips is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Ohio - The taxing state
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 831 Times in 525 Posts

    Default

    PR is only cool for people who want to sell links, indexed pages, refresh rates and rankings are far more important.

  10. #10
    patmcluk's Avatar
    patmcluk is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    377
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 39 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    Isn't it strange that in the last three years Google had updated the PR rankings THREE times before August, but this year they have only done ONE. Perhaps they really have decided to ignore it for ever...........
    Just Arsenal News (2.5 million PVs per month)

  11. #11
    Peter Willis's Avatar
    Peter Willis is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Posts
    95
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 12 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Matt Cutts said something last year about Google wanting to depreciate the Green Bar PageRank, but that it would be difficult to just "drop it". By not updating as often as they once did is probably Google trying to "ween" us off toolbar PR.
    You can find me on LinkedIn or Twitter.

  12. #12
    mynuw's Avatar
    mynuw is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    249
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts

    Default

    It's pretty clear that you place a LOT of emphasis on the toolbar pr and yet.....toolbar pr is NOT nearly as an important seo point as many seo specialists would have you believe.
    This point may be true and I was guilty of putting major enphasis on PR especially when my sites dropped PR for no apparent reason yet kept their place in google.

    So I have pretty much just leasrned to ignor it.

    That green bar in the google toolbar also only applies to Google correct?

    Then why do so many sites who want to echange links make their decisions on that little green bar?
    www.absolutelybingo.com

    A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take
    everything you have. - Thomas Jefferson

  13. #13
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,987
    Thanks
    4,540
    Thanked 9,296 Times in 5,980 Posts

    Default

    Then why do so many sites who want to echange links make their decisions on that little green bar?
    Because SEO's and SEO wanna-be's keep putting a lot of emphasis on it instead of being more honest with their clients.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    2,092
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 172 Times in 120 Posts

    Default

    I used to be obsessed with the green on the toolbar. Now I could care less (well, mostly). lol.

    I haven't seen any changes yet, but I'm sure it will be in the next two months.

    It's common for new webmasters to give more importance on the toolbar than necessary. The search results are the most important. Concentrate on that instead.

    I got to admit, it was hard to let go!

  15. #15
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,987
    Thanks
    4,540
    Thanked 9,296 Times in 5,980 Posts

    Default

    Well said Adrian....I guess us humans resist change huh.....

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  16. #16
    opafrank's Avatar
    opafrank is offline In Memorium, 1936-2014
    Join Date
    April 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default PR dwindled to Zero

    I this point I am not concerned about when Google updates my PR, I don't have one. My www.slotadvisor.com used to have a PR7, then remained between 6 and 5 for a number of years. Over the past 12 to 18 months it dropped to zero. I have not made any changes that should have caused the loss. If anything, there are more pages and content than ever and the visitor count hasn't dropped significantly. The only concern I have about the ranking is that it's difficult to exchange links if the site has no PR. It's been suggested too many affiliate links are the reason for the loss and that I should cloak or disguise those outbound links to online casinos.
    I'd appreciate suggestions for a simple, practical way to do this. Thanks in advance,
    Tony

  17. #17
    Yuval's Avatar
    Yuval is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Posts
    84
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default just for the EGO

    It's all psychology man, if it makes you feel good the great, as many said before me, it won't help you get ranked. Focus on content !
    Didn't some famous dude say content is King?

    Yuval

    online casinos

    Ironman slots

    Hellboy slots

  18. #18
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    2,092
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 172 Times in 120 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by opafrank View Post
    I this point I am not concerned about when Google updates my PR, I don't have one. My www.slotadvisor.com used to have a PR7, then remained between 6 and 5 for a number of years. Over the past 12 to 18 months it dropped to zero. I have not made any changes that should have caused the loss. If anything, there are more pages and content than ever and the visitor count hasn't dropped significantly. The only concern I have about the ranking is that it's difficult to exchange links if the site has no PR. It's been suggested too many affiliate links are the reason for the loss and that I should cloak or disguise those outbound links to online casinos.
    I'd appreciate suggestions for a simple, practical way to do this. Thanks in advance,
    Tony
    Honestly, I've never heard of an affiliate site having a real PR7 Page Rank. Google says you have 2 links going linking to it, and 103 indexed pages. This is a small sample, but it's enough to see that your site never really earned a PR7 via naturally. Perhaps your site was 301 redirected to another PR7 site long enough to get false PR.

    Please understand I don't mean to be critical. I'm giving you my honest opinion of why your site was PR7 to begin with and why it's down to zero.

    Besides, don't worry about it. Concentrate on content instead.
    Last edited by LiveCasinoPartners; 31 August 2010 at 6:28 pm. Reason: spelling

  19. #19
    FictionNet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 1969
    Posts
    5,299
    Thanks
    1,453
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 672 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by opafrank View Post
    I should cloak or disguise those outbound links to online casinos.
    I'd appreciate suggestions for a simple, practical way to do this. Thanks in advance,
    Tony
    E-mail me at robcook@blueyonder.co.uk and we'll do it together in minutes. It's massivly easy, no tech skills needed and it's easy for you to amend in the future.

    All part of the service

  20. #20
    gamblingbutler is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    vienna
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveCasinoPartners View Post
    Honestly, I've never heard of an affiliate site having a real PR7 Page Rank.
    Pokerlistings used to have (or still have) PR7. But they are exceptional on many levels, so...

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to gamblingbutler For This Useful Post:

    LiveCasinoPartners (1 September 2010)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •