Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Value of a link

  1. #1
    BettingTools's Avatar
    BettingTools is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts

    Default Value of a link

    I'd previously rather naively thought that buying and selling links was a complete no-no and ignored the many offers.
    A lot of the recent offers though have been from reputable sites who are a good fit for my site, so I'm now considering these.

    I have absolutely no idea how much a link on my site would be worth though!
    I know it's not an exact science but could anyone give me a rough idea specifically for this page please? http://www.bettingtools.co.uk/blog/

    Cheers
    Brian

  2. #2
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,824
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    It's hard to say. It depends on whether it's a text link or a banner link, where will it be positioned on the page, is it mainly to improve the buyer's site in the serps or will it be sending quality traffic? If I was to buy a text or small banner link on the site, I'd personally buy it to get some traffic to my site, and I would expect to pay somewhere between $50 and $100 per month.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetbet For This Useful Post:

    BettingTools (9 December 2014)

  4. #3
    Rostick's Avatar
    Rostick is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Posts
    359
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 118 Times in 89 Posts

    Default

    I`d ask a little over what you think it`s worth it, since it`s not good to sell too many links, but it`s ok to sell a couple here and there. You have a decent site with decent ranking, if you have at least 500 hits per day with under 60% bounce rate I would not accept anything under 125$ (one do-follow text link). Unless you are really desperate to sell. Probably it`s worth around 100 as far as I`m concerned, but of course it`s relative and it depends on your traffic.
    Betdistrict.com - free betting tips & previews
    Happybags.ro - romanian e-commerce website
    WW2HistoryBook - World War Two Library

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rostick For This Useful Post:

    BettingTools (9 December 2014)

  6. #4
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 840 Times in 617 Posts

    Default

    This depends on how much you value your site, how strong you believe its value to be, how strongly you believe G (and others) rate it, and how much you really want the link money.

    The last named may be the most important consideration. If you are getting legitimate enquiries, then that would seem to suggest those enquirers have done their homework and they're seeking a link because they deem it desirable.

    So if you're not worried about putting someone off, and you do actually believe a link from your site offers value, then you could approach it from a 'I have nothing to lose' perspective and pitch it high(er)....especially if those making the approaches are clearly either operators or top tier affiliates (either of which will probably be making enough profit that spending high $xxx on your link will mean next to nothing for them financially).

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to chaumi For This Useful Post:

    BettingTools (9 December 2014)

  8. #5
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    Your DomainAuthority (DA) is 25, so I guess a link would cost $100-$150. Just to give you at least some number to start with. BetDistrict's DA is 30 and he said he wouldn't accept anything lower than $125.
    Professional bizdev can help you, the affiliate, to negotiate better terms with casinos. PM for details and a free evaluation of what I can do for you. All geos.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to DanHorvat For This Useful Post:

    BettingTools (9 December 2014)

  10. #6
    BettingTools's Avatar
    BettingTools is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts

    Default

    Really appreciate the help guys, some quality advice there all from names I recognize and respect.
    That's given me a good starting point now since I genuinely had no clue!

    Thanks again to all of you for your responses.

  11. #7
    Rostick's Avatar
    Rostick is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Posts
    359
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 118 Times in 89 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanHorvat View Post
    Your DomainAuthority (DA) is 25, so I guess a link would cost $100-$150. Just to give you at least some number to start with. BetDistrict's DA is 30 and he said he wouldn't accept anything lower than $125.
    I meant I would not accept anything under 125$ if I was in his shoes, aproximating on the info he gave us (well, I was taking 125-150 euros so no big diff.).

    And yesterday my DA was 25, thanks for the good news Dan .

    Good luck BettingTools!
    Betdistrict.com - free betting tips & previews
    Happybags.ro - romanian e-commerce website
    WW2HistoryBook - World War Two Library

  12. #8
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,898
    Thanks
    896
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    I don't track DA so much as I used to, I used to have a plugin on Firefox that showed me DA and PA for every page I went on but it kept crashing the browser. Could do with finding another one though as it's a pretty useful metric.

    In terms of link selling, I would only link to other fairly decent sites, e.g. good DA, some PR if possible and also check they're not spammy in any way. Remember the sites you link to reflect on your own site so don't link to something really low authority just cos they pay you. Personally I wouldn't sell links anyway, I'd rather earn the Ģ75-Ģ150 through a gambling customer than put myself in any risk.

  13. #9
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    FYI, I used www.bulkdachecker.com for checking your DAs, not the original Moz service.

  14. #10
    ocreditor's Avatar
    ocreditor is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    7,370
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    7,111
    Thanked 4,345 Times in 2,838 Posts

    Default

    I think the pricing the guys suggesting here is fair enough but do not forget that the value of your page will
    be damaged if you'll not place related links or links without 'nofollow' attribute.
    And it takes months to recover so just consider if its worth it.

  15. #11
    sjuesju is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2014
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    I think it depends mostly from DA as PR is not updated anymore. It also depends from the number of ourgoing links of the page and some other things like Alexa for example.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to sjuesju For This Useful Post:

    matthewt (18 July 2017)

  17. #12
    wettFORM.AT's Avatar
    wettFORM.AT is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    459
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 62 Times in 53 Posts

    Default

    Seems to be good numbers in all the posts so far but I would not sell links. I am not sure if this is good or not but I just donīt want to take any risk for a few €. What is your opinion?
    WETTFORMAT
    https://wettformat.com
    Wett Tipps, Wettanbieter, Wettbonus

  18. #13
    roberto236's Avatar
    roberto236 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2014
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Obeviously i like your bettingtools. Can you please explain here how it's works ?

  19. #14
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,898
    Thanks
    896
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wettFORM.AT View Post
    Seems to be good numbers in all the posts so far but I would not sell links. I am not sure if this is good or not but I just donīt want to take any risk for a few €. What is your opinion?
    My opinion is don't do it unless you're desperate for cash.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •