Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    joert is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2012
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 25 Times in 15 Posts

    Default Vehicle advertising wraps, anyone used em?

    Hi lads, title says it all - anyone used em to promote sites? seriously looking at it as an option on my own motor. Not something that would bother me at all on my personal motor

  2. #2
    thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,225
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

    Default

    seen it done but not something I'd be arsed doing

    if you have a catchy brand and domain name it could be quite a good idea I'd imagine, can't do any harm

    have you got a white car btw?

  3. #3
    joert is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2012
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 25 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    no, but might be white a motor that I buy - Probably go full wrap anyway so it would probably all be covered anyhow, Would be driving in and out of work, in and out of town every day, so lots of views...tis tempting!

  4. #4
    Doolally's Avatar
    Doolally is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,584
    Thanks
    501
    Thanked 732 Times in 572 Posts

    Default

    I think it's a good idea, although haven't tried it myself - no enough eyes around here. As mentioned though, the brand and domain would have to be good.

  5. #5
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    I agree with thebookiesoffers. If you have something that is catchy it would be worthwhile, but if its something not so easy to remember it might not be worth it unless your car is parked somewhere that people can see it most of the time. The reason I say that is because I'm not sure of the laws there, but here it is illegal to even touch your phone while you are driving. So there is no way to write it down or go to the site unless you're not the driver or unless you can remember it easily.

    My 2 cents.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  6. #6
    edgarf76's Avatar
    edgarf76 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks
    804
    Thanked 582 Times in 429 Posts

    Default

    It is a good idea but not very targeted marketing. How about going to a sports game or your friends no money card game and giving out tee shirts or a deck of cards with your site on it, that seems to be a better target and most likely a better ROI. IMO
    Visit Play Slots 4 Real Money and Casino Slots Money for trusted recommendations and tips on the best casinos.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    July 2013
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Yes i do agree with thebookiesoffers that it should be something catching the attention

  8. #8
    thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,225
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

    Default

    blimey, everyone agrees with me, Im going to have a party.

    the more I think about it though the more I think you could use it well

    from my experience when I have had ad boards on live tv at football matches the white background really makes the name stand out, so get a white car to start.

    as well as work then you can have a little drive round close to sports grounds when events are on

  9. #9
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    I think you need to have something incredibly brandable and memorable for this to work (eg: freebets.com or casinobonuses.com). But if you do go down this road I'd advise passing it through a secondary domain so you can track what kind of traffic you're getting.

    For example, if your site is yoursite.co.uk and you also have yoursite.com then use the yoursite.com on the decal and then redirect the users to the yoursite.co.uk version (or visa versa). This will enable you to see exactly how many visitors the ad is bringing in and whether or not it's worth doing.

    If you want to be really clever then you could also drop a cookie and return different tracking codes to those users so you can see the dollar value of the ad. Of course, that starts to get a bit complicated...
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

    theGman (26 July 2013)

  11. #10
    alin04 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    518
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 209 Times in 127 Posts

    Default

    I didn t use vehicle advertising wraps, but I did this on a football field in my town http://pariuri2009.blogspot.ro/2013/...-blogului.html

  12. #11
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 779 Times in 467 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alin04 View Post
    I didn t use vehicle advertising wraps, but I did this on a football field in my town http://pariuri2009.blogspot.ro/2013/...-blogului.html
    That is a long domain name to remember. Did it work for you?

  13. #12
    alin04 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    518
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 209 Times in 127 Posts

    Default

    It is my first blog about betting and it is my number 1 site. The long domain name doesn t bother my visitors.

  14. #13
    LukeC is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    October 2012
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    495
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 122 Times in 49 Posts

    Default

    It's quite an expensive form of advertising (doing it on someone else's car, rather than your own), so not something we've done. I think it could work if targeted well, Racing Post did it on taxis over Cheltenham and that makes sense to me. On your own car, I think it depends where you live. If you are in a city / near relevant major sporting events then it's going to be far more effective than in other locations.

    I have seen this kind of advertising and immediately gone to the site (can't remember what, but I can remember doing it). If I'm walking down the road somewhere I'm usually quite bored and playing on my phone, so I'd check out whatever it was being advertised if it looked interesting. I think you need something memorable as a URL and making sure that the creative is visible both close to the car and further away from it. You'd then need to make sure your site is optimised for mobile and probably very conversion focused as I think most extra traffic from it would be immediate and would be unlikely to come back later when they get home unless you gave them very good reason to.

    Let us know how it goes if you decide to do it!
    Head of Affiliates at Digital Fuel

  15. #14
    joert is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2012
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 25 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    cheers for all the opinions lads. Have a great URL, very memorable, so that wouldn't be a problem I don't think.

    BaldI mate, hope you're well - that's a great idea on the domain name redirect. how would I do that - just set up an analytics profile for that domain, set up a redirect on it and count the visitors yes? just a bit unsure of the mechanics of it...

  16. #15
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joert View Post
    cheers for all the opinions lads. Have a great URL, very memorable, so that wouldn't be a problem I don't think.

    BaldI mate, hope you're well - that's a great idea on the domain name redirect. how would I do that - just set up an analytics profile for that domain, set up a redirect on it and count the visitors yes? just a bit unsure of the mechanics of it...
    Ah mate, completely missed this - sorry.

    Couple of ways you can do it actually.

    What I'd probably do is use a custom landing page (eg: redirect the .com to the .co.uk/freebies) which you either block from mr google (or just use rel=canonical if it's really similar to another page), then look at the landing page stats in analytics.

    My main thinking here is that I feel type ins may be a bit like PPC traffic - you need to scale the content down a bit to make it easily digestible or risk losing the visitor. Plus it would enable you to split test to see what type of page works best.

    You could also probably just look at your referrers in your stats for the main site - although I'll be honest I've not done it this way so I'm not 100% sure if a 301 shows up as a referrer in google analytics.. anyone know?

    Alternatively you could look at the server stats for the domain that's being redirected and check the hits on that, although it's not ideal as most server statistics are grossly inflated by bots etc..
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  17. #16
    joert is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2012
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 25 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    All very helpful mate thanks.

    Will let you know how i go - will need to figure it out more.

    What I was going to do is just use a localised domain name, and redirect that to the main site, and count visitors, but it looks maybe it'll be a bit mroe complicated now

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •