During a number of recent conversations by PM and email with some of the newer affiliate members here, I have noticed a trend where some affiliates might need some advice on how to handle "calls to action" on their pages.
In some cases some affiliates may have pages where they had tips, or a bookie or casino review, and yet either did not have any affiliate links anywhere on the page, or if they did they were so subtle they were easily missed as the page looked more informational and did not encourage the visitor to click through and visit the property they were recommending.
This may be effective for some if the page then funnels traffic to pages that convert well, but I have found this is often not the case.
I know that some affiliates like to use strictly text links, and some use a combination of text and an image of some sort, but in many cases this will be surrounded with a "call to action" such as click here for more information, or visit this link to place your bet, or visit now to take advantage of this bonus offer....etc etc...
I thought this might make a decent discussion if a few affiliates kept this in mind either while helping others with site reviews, or if they would like to offer tips or suggestions on ways they have found to be very effective on their sites.
Rick
Universal4


LinkBack URL
About LinkBacks
Reply With Quote



