I was browsing US gambling SERPs last weekend and briefly noticed that Google had moved "List Articles" (aka "Listicles") into a featured snippet. This ostensibly reshaped the top 10, consolidating a number of sites into the snippet, while others moved up substantially (usually the homepage).
The "Listicles" were typically authority abusers and parasite content with titles like:
1. "6 Best Sports Betting Sites"
2. "7 Top New York Casinos"
3. "3 Betting Sites for New Jersey"
4. "5 new betting sites for the NFL"
The snippet condensed the articles into a vertical dropdown/tap-out. This made way for a number of legitimate affiliate sites and actual gambling provider homepages (a mix of US legal and offshore).
Then the snippet and reshuffled SERPs disappeared by Monday. I hope this change returns, as I'm tired of seeing USA Today, Forbes, and various other legacy media sites get ranked on content that an intern likely wrote in 2 hours, or spit out of some AI prefab template and quickly edited to sound snappy.


LinkBack URL
About LinkBacks
Reply With Quote


