Skrill is a garbage for 15 years or so. But those fees are sadly about right. I mean by that that those fees are the market rates of financial institutions that openly support affiliate marketing/gambling.
Indeed there are still plenty of options using just a normal bank. We can discuss all year long whether affiliate marketing is or is not gambling. For banks it is a gambling, especially revenue share is. As my banker said: we must close your account, because if we have to do the compliance, we must see source of funds of any customer of yours, who you recommended to all of your affiliate programs. He was well aware how absurd it is, but that is the reality we live in.
So there were a lot of quasi-financial institutions that emerged and some of them aimed at gambling and affiliate marketing. Indeed it is absurd, because they are also regulated by the same rules, but they can bend those AML rules.
Quotes that I got when I had troubles with my last bank account (where I also pay hefty money, because to keep my account open I must invest to some obscure obligations that yield negative interest for 10 years) were about this:
5000 CHF/EUR to open the account
some more fees for multicurrency
2-8% fees for incoming payments (depends whether the payment is affiliate marketing or gambling and whether the money go from high risk country or not [high risk is not Russia or North Korea, but Malta, Curacao or Gibraltar])
Some flat fees for payouts
Skrill is defacto exactly this kind of institution. So their new fees are still low, but I guess they still have that horrible CS and they block the accounts randomly so it is a tough choice.
The industry is dead, so everyone is trying to get the biggest piece of the cadaver.
Last edited by Sherlock; 20 November 2025 at 11:37 pm.
If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.