
Originally Posted by
baldidiot
In which case I think that if you were planning to move to barbados for a year you might need to file there. If you had a ltd company you would pay corporation tax in the uk, then take your profit as a dividend - which you would probably have to declare in the country you're living in.
What kind of visa would you be going under? This is probably the pivotal factor in how and where you pay taxes.
Other thing you could do is move around on tourist visas - < 3 months in each place etc.. If you do it right you might be able to get away without paying any taxes at all, unless the UK has a claim to your taxes if you don't file anywhere else? Not sure about this last bit.
Cool idea though - if I wasn't married (or if the wife was up for it and not needing to stay in one place) I'd totally consider spending a year or two travelling and working...