Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    kboogiek is offline New Member
    Join Date
    December 1969
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Domain name appraisal

    Hey guys,

    I'm new to this biz and am considering setting up a website. I was thinking about a domain name and found an interesting offer.

    How much do you think a domain "thePoker.us" is worth?

    Just want an advice from experienced people before making a decision to buy it or not.

  2. #2
    chill's Avatar
    chill is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Happy Norwegian in Denmark
    Posts
    1,852
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts

    Default

    Not much more then it costs to register a domain
    ___________
    Microgaming Casinos | Live Poker Rooms | Microgaming Slots | Best Online Casino
    I dare not tell almighty Google anything, it ALWAYS does the opposite of what I request
    ______________
    Paul

  3. #3
    matted's Avatar
    matted is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    2,685
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 328 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    Yup, GoDaddy offers domains for something like $8.95 (cheaper for .us I think). - so that's the value unless it has residual traffic or backlinks (or comes with a website). Personally, I prefer ".com" names even though they are harder to find.
    Owner, Cognitive Powers, Inc.
    Soon to be ex-webmaster
    Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In

  4. #4
    Doolally's Avatar
    Doolally is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,584
    Thanks
    501
    Thanked 732 Times in 572 Posts

    Default

    I don't strictly agree.

    If a name, in your case, thepoker.us is easy to remember, then it is easier to market, brand and build on.

    I suppose it always depends on exactly what you want to do with the site but an easy to remember name must be worth more than the cost to register - sometimes quite a bit more. How much is difficult to say though, I'm not an expert.

    ThePoker.us is easy to remember so, depending on the deal, it may be worth spending a little more on it. It's also worth remembering though that a .com does, nearly always have an attraction to it that other dot whatever names don't. I think people trust a .com more, possibly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •