Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    qpLucas's Avatar
    qpLucas is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    March 2022
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Cool Hello there, I'm here to grow!

    Hello all GPWA members,

    I'm running sports and esports betting tips community (forum - going against the flow as forums are dying these days) since July '21 and recently I have quit my job to give full focus on buidling the community, continuously upgrading the site and finally starting the affilate programs, ads & various memberships.

    My target is to make my website a legal business (first half of '22) that will be also my loved hobby. Yes, I expect it to be the lifechanger from my 9-5 job. I have many offers for advertisement and affiliate partnerships, but I'm calm about it and want to boost my site statistics first.

    I'm here to get inspired by more experienced webmasters who can potentially push my work forward.

    With no income atm, one of the hardest and the most unpredictable months to come and I'm looking forward to it as I never did!

    Have a nice day and good luck!
    Lucas


    https://betfather.tips/

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to qpLucas For This Useful Post:

    praveenGI (9 March 2022)

  3. #2
    BCGame Affiliates's Avatar
    BCGame Affiliates is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    April 2021
    Location
    Sunny South Africa
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 65 Times in 57 Posts

    Default

    Good luck!
    Kind Regards,
    Kaleb

    https://bc.game/
    Email: kaleb@bcgame.com
    Skype ID: live:.cid.75f39c9d6d4373ab

  4. #3
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 840 Times in 617 Posts

    Default

    Welcome qpLucas When you're ready, maybe let us know the forum name. It will be interesting to see.

  5. #4
    Mattbar's Avatar
    Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,407
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 920 Times in 579 Posts

    Default

    Welcome. Good idea taking your time and waiting until you have traffic to start working with programs.

    If you want some feedback on the site post it here.

  6. #5
    nwalker's Avatar
    nwalker is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    620
    Thanks
    196
    Thanked 456 Times in 270 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qpLucas View Post
    I have many offers for advertisement and affiliate partnerships, but I'm calm about it and want to boost my site statistics first.

    I'm here to get inspired by more experienced webmasters who can potentially push my work forward.

    With no income atm, one of the hardest and the most unpredictable months to come and I'm looking forward to it as I never did!

    Have a nice day and good luck!
    Lucas
    I don't understand why you would turn your back on advertsising income at the moment if it's being offerred and you don't have any other form of income.

    I'd be honest with the people making the offers, they obviously value what you are doing and the traffic you have so far.

    If it was me i'd sell Advertising space or do fixed fee deals for the tarffic you have - setting low expecations with the programs.

    At least that way you're earning some income while you build things up.

    I did this and have stuck with the programs that supportted me in the early days. They are now reaping the rewards for helping me out.

    Good luck.
    Sold www.livecasinocomparer.com in April 2025 - Now retired

  7. #6
    qpLucas's Avatar
    qpLucas is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    March 2022
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Thank you all for your reactions.

    About advertising: I didn't accept any yet because being a legal business would cost me $ while making probably less (or negligible profit) from ads/affils as my statistics are too low (40-70 visits/day). I have some money saved and time doesn't make pressure at the moment.

    I want to use my free time to boost the website as a whole project. From functions, community base to PR outside the website...

    Feel free to roast me I know the website is still somehow cold, I will appreciate any reactions and consider any changes suggested. I'm here to answer questions.

    Site: Betfather.tips (not able to post links as a new member)


    Thank you and good luck,
    Lucas

  8. #7
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,453
    Thanks
    9,156
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    Welcome to this awesome GPWA forum.

  9. #8
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,996
    Thanks
    4,544
    Thanked 9,298 Times in 5,982 Posts

    Default

    Not all people agree with me, (I feel similar to what nwalker said) but when you have a portal that promotes operators and yet doesn't promote operators using your affiliate links, you are wasting traffic, even if in smaller numbers.

    That one single signup you could gain TODAY might be the ONE player to gain you the revenue you need to take it to the next level.

    Rick
    Universal4

    side note, I will move the link in your post of the url into the first post and also move this thread into the review section as it will get a little more appropriate feedback there.

  10. #9
    alex.rosca's Avatar
    alex.rosca is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Looks like you write with devotion! Good luck ahead!

  11. #10
    qpLucas's Avatar
    qpLucas is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    March 2022
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    Not all people agree with me, (I feel similar to what nwalker said) but when you have a portal that promotes operators and yet doesn't promote operators using your affiliate links, you are wasting traffic, even if in smaller numbers.

    That one single signup you could gain TODAY might be the ONE player to gain you the revenue you need to take it to the next level.

    Rick
    Universal4

    side note, I will move the link in your post of the url into the first post and also move this thread into the review section as it will get a little more appropriate feedback there.
    Thank you for your help and category correction .)

    I 100% understand what you say and about that free promotion of the operators - that's really one of the things that bother my mind. Yet I must repeat I'm still unsure that website, with these statistics, would be able to pay expenses to be legal business (insurances are the main expense) + making some profit. I'm not from rich country and being forced to pay for it from my savings would hurt me. But I'm already looking for a way to become business as it's necessary to grow!


    I'm looking forward to your reviews and advices!

    Lucas

  12. #11
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 840 Times in 617 Posts

    Default

    Perhaps an approach you could take (if you haven't already done this) is to study how to grow a forum community from a general/high-level perspective, rather than (or alongside) a betting/gambling perspective (in other words, the principles around what brings people to forums and - maybe more importantly - keeps them there).

    There look to be some good articles/pages on a simple search of something like 'how to grow a forum'. Seems like you could take some of the ideas on some of those pages and think about how to adapt them to your betting theme.

  13. #12
    statsdrone's Avatar
    statsdrone is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2018
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 38 Times in 24 Posts

    Default

    Forum looks decent, definitely want to get more links pointing towards it. Content could be filled out but on the right track so far. Banners might be a problem for tools that block ads.

    Wanted to send a pm but your account is new so not able to.
    Last edited by statsdrone; 9 March 2022 at 1:58 pm. Reason: can't send pm to user
    statsdrone.com - affiliate stats tracking tool
    Want to be featured in our affiliate interviews? Send a DM

  14. #13
    qpLucas's Avatar
    qpLucas is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    March 2022
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    @chaumi Thank you, at this moment I'm implementing new social media strategy and I'm looking forward to see the results with new graphics and content!

    @statsdrone Yes, linkbuilding is something I left behind and now I'm working on it thanks to my extra free time although I absolutely realized how much time I have lost not doing it continuously all the time

  15. #14
    qpLucas's Avatar
    qpLucas is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    March 2022
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    All right! My daily visits were falling slowly since my first post here and it scared me so much that I started to be serious (finally really serious) about it.

    I'm halfway through working on SEO, I'm looking for backlinks every day. I also got my month-free trial with SEMrush SEO tool to be able to learn new things and I have fixed many simple problems with this amazing tool.

    Also learning and implementing new techniques in other segments of the website.

    Look, it's good, it starts to work!



    March 28 was the day that gave me hope, that with hard work Betfather really can steal the spot among betting forums and communities! If you ask me about April, this will be lovely month I feel it!

    I'm not done by far, because now I have to finish the SEO rework (it takes some time because I don't like this type of work at all lol) and SCALE the implemented techniques... and I mean scale scale scale until we are one huge family!

    Good Luck to all of us!

  16. #15
    MyBid's Avatar
    MyBid is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    June 2022
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Hey! Welcome & Good luck!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •