View Poll Results: TRAFFIC CLASH: SEO -VS- Media Buying!? Who is the real winner of the community

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • SEO

    22 68.75%
  • Media Buying

    11 34.38%
  • Other

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    LottoRevenues.com is offline Non-Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Cyprus, Israel
    Posts
    120
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts

    Default TRAFFIC: SEO -VS- Media Buying

    What's your key traffic generator and why?


    1) SEO (promoting pages on keywords)

    or

    2) Media buying (working with adnetworks, etc)


    I know most of us here use review sites to generate traffic, but is it really so?

    Cheers,
    --Derrick

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to LottoRevenues.com For This Useful Post:

    Yuval Icelotto (4 May 2014)

  3. #2
    Yuval Icelotto's Avatar
    Yuval Icelotto is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Very nice and important poll guys!

    Thanks,

    Yuval H.

  4. #3
    Christiaan's Avatar
    Christiaan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 486 Times in 336 Posts

    Default

    For me it is SEO. I do some media buying but I focus on SEO.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Christiaan For This Useful Post:

    LottoRevenues.com (4 May 2014)

  6. #4
    casinoplanet's Avatar
    casinoplanet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    LowLands
    Posts
    371
    Thanks
    103
    Thanked 125 Times in 83 Posts

    Default

    SEO is a constant struggle and media buys deliver instant results (either good or bad).
    "Depend on the rabbit's foot if you like, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." R.E. Shay

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to casinoplanet For This Useful Post:

    BettingGods (5 May 2014)

  8. #5
    bettinganalyst's Avatar
    bettinganalyst is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts

    Default

    SEO is better.
    http://www.betting-analyst.com/ - free betting tips , football betting tips , betting tips, daily horseracing previews , useful tutorial and blogs for punters .

    Everything about Football

    Like us on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter

  9. #6
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,824
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    SEO for me. It's free and highly targeted. I've never had much success with media buying.

  10. #7
    iGamingWriter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    751
    Blog Entries
    8
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    I guess I'd have to say SEO - I've never involved myself in media buying - but I don't really consider SEO when putting pages together, at least not in content terms. I simply post articles that I feel are going to be useful to my readers. I try never to post anything that's simply because I want to target certain keywords.
    iGamingContent.co.uk - Content writing services by some of the most experienced and knowledgeable writers in the sector.

    BetBlocker.org - Responsible Gambling charity providing free blocking software to everyone.

  11. #8
    Planet Mark is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    109
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 67 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    Search engine traffic for me, though I'm planning on setting some 'learning curve' budget aside for media buys...

    Mark

  12. #9
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,898
    Thanks
    896
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    SEO for me, currently what I do works, I have never got involved in PPC so I would be scared to waste a load of money while I learnt the ropes. If my SEO methods were to stop working and I had no traffic then I'd get involved in buying obviously.

  13. #10
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    I used to rely on SEO alone but learned to use media buying for instant results.

    If I had to make my pick, I'd say social media is the new Google. I do on-page SEO, but social media and paid advertising allow me to be proactive and to pick and choose which pages I'll promote. And I can do that quickly, even with a site which isn't yet indexed by Google.
    Professional bizdev can help you, the affiliate, to negotiate better terms with casinos. PM for details and a free evaluation of what I can do for you. All geos.

  14. #11
    wi-media is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    SEO, Facebook, twitter + blog post ads

  15. #12
    grem's Avatar
    grem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Location
    CBN
    Posts
    1,450
    Blog Entries
    19
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 389 Times in 204 Posts

  16. #13
    rod.collins's Avatar
    rod.collins is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts

    Default

    I have tried media buying, not only for casinos but for some other niches I promote. SEO is the more stable option, its much harder to draw in new players but in the long run I believe its the best way. Yes media buying might be instant and there are some times I wish money came in instantly but thats not the case.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to rod.collins For This Useful Post:

    Excel.Shruthi (14 June 2014)

  18. #14
    edgarf76's Avatar
    edgarf76 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks
    804
    Thanked 582 Times in 429 Posts

    Default

    You guys are lucky that can buy Adwords . I did ad words for one of my retail sites, within a week or two my SERPS began to increase. I think in countries where you can buy them it helps your SERPS.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Visit Play Slots 4 Real Money and Casino Slots Money for trusted recommendations and tips on the best casinos.

  19. #15
    adsforgambling is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Hi,
    SEO is important but all the time is unsure, otherwise buying media advertising is sure if you made the right choice.

  20. #16
    wettFORM.AT's Avatar
    wettFORM.AT is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    459
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 62 Times in 53 Posts

    Default

    I think media buying gets more important these times. Of course SEO traffic is of high quality but if you are good and you know some good sources then media buying is a very good option. For SEO you need a lot of time and sometimes a budget as well. For media buying you need to invest some money first.
    WETTFORMAT
    https://wettformat.com
    Wett Tipps, Wettanbieter, Wettbonus

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wettFORM.AT For This Useful Post:

    BettingGods (13 May 2014), grem (14 May 2014)

  22. #17
    Casino Online Rating's Avatar
    Casino Online Rating is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Posts
    322
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 115 Times in 86 Posts

    Default

    SEO and social media for us. We haven't tried media buying yet, but we will do so if we need instant results.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Casino Online Rating For This Useful Post:

    Excel.Shruthi (14 June 2014)

  24. #18
    excel.ashutosh is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    If u have new website and want some traffic then paid networks but in the long term SEO will be the key..

  25. #19
    Excel.Shruthi's Avatar
    Excel.Shruthi is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Seo and social media to me

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •