Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    jamix is offline New Member
    Join Date
    August 2015
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default How do sub-affiliates get referrals?

    Right now, I'm the top sub-affiliate at another online gambling portal and I only have 3 active referrals......(well 4, but only three are active)! Simply put, sub-affiliating is hard stuff. No one wants to click that crappy looking link of ours!

    On raketherake, I have no referrals.

    Has any other sub-affiliate here been successful? Say over $1000 per month in sub-referral commission.....Don't suppose you'd like to try and share your secrets!?

  2. #2
    xecutable's Avatar
    xecutable is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,979
    Thanks
    583
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 708 Posts

    Default

    I have that and sorry to disappoint you but I have 0 secrets for you. I've never promoted sub-affiliating, I've never had links with landing pages for sub-affiliates, I've never asked anyone specifically to sign through me. So before I tell you what I am about to tell you, don't go around nagging and bothering people.

    Over the years I've been around here and have posted to my best knowledge trying to be helpful and have created a few relationships with webmasters, some of which became my sub-affiliates. Again, I've never asked them to do so, in fact I was unaware for several months before the revenue kicked in. Sometimes it's luck sometimes it's people expressing appreciation.

    Unless you are running a big webmaster portal with thousand of us around, I doubt you can specifically target the sub-affiliate market. Btw you are like the 4th -5th person in the past month that's been asking about sub-affiliates. What's up with people looking for those?

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to xecutable For This Useful Post:

    Vrindavan (17 December 2015)

  4. #3
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,412
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,255 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamix View Post
    Right now, I'm the top sub-affiliate at another online gambling portal and I only have 3 active referrals......(well 4, but only three are active)! Simply put, sub-affiliating is hard stuff. No one wants to click that crappy looking link of ours!

    On raketherake, I have no referrals.

    Has any other sub-affiliate here been successful? Say over $1000 per month in sub-referral commission.....Don't suppose you'd like to try and share your secrets!?
    You have just posted on one of the biggest sub affiliate referring portals.. there are a few others but sites like GPWA are typical places, there are some dedicated small sites but i doubt they get enough traffic to make it viable.. you spend the same amount of time to make 5 times less money unless you are hoping to snag a super affiliate but generally they go direct to get better rates

  5. #4
    jamix is offline New Member
    Join Date
    August 2015
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Huh, this site runs a sub-referral program? Do I have to sign up separately in order to retrieve my own personal sub-referral link?

    Sorry I'm new here and may have misinterpreted what GPWA is about.

    Edit: So I would get commission for referring other affiliates to sign up to the affiliate programs offered here? This sounds difficult!
    Last edited by jamix; 12 December 2015 at 11:06 am. Reason: more info

  6. #5
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,412
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,255 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamix View Post
    Huh, this site runs a sub-referral program? Do I have to sign up separately in order to retrieve my own personal sub-referral link?

    Sorry I'm new here and may have misinterpreted what GPWA is about.

    Edit: So I would get commission for referring other affiliates to sign up to the affiliate programs offered here? This sounds difficult!
    No.. many affiliates sign up at programs via GPWA and similar sites.. platinum sponsor, etc..

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to wonderpunter For This Useful Post:

    jamix (12 December 2015)

  8. #6
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,872
    Thanks
    2,043
    Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,324 Posts

    Default

    It's difficult without reputable portal for affiliates. I sign up sometimes as sub-affiliate and I got some sub-affiliates, but that are exchanges with friendly webmasters.

    I guess for business it's difficult. You get usually around 5% of their earnings. To make € 1.000 than, they should make already € 20.000, while usually toppositions are occupied by programs they work with a while... I tried a while to get unknown people as sub affiliates, but that's difficult. Most webmasters also prefer to make their own deals.

    It's nice to exchange with friendly webmasters, but that's all in my opinion.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Triple7 For This Useful Post:

    jamix (12 December 2015)

  10. #7
    jamix is offline New Member
    Join Date
    August 2015
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple7 View Post
    It's difficult without reputable portal for affiliates. I sign up sometimes as sub-affiliate and I got some sub-affiliates, but that are exchanges with friendly webmasters.

    I guess for business it's difficult. You get usually around 5% of their earnings. To make € 1.000 than, they should make already € 20.000, while usually toppositions are occupied by programs they work with a while... I tried a while to get unknown people as sub affiliates, but that's difficult. Most webmasters also prefer to make their own deals.

    It's nice to exchange with friendly webmasters, but that's all in my opinion.
    Sounds like SIGNUP EXCHANGE? You find someone (who may or may not be a friend) who has something your interested in and you have something that they are interested in. Hence you agree to click each other's referral links and collect commission off of each other.

    I don't know any webmasters that well. I did do the above kind of exchange before once. Can't say it was a great mutual benefit (I had to click his poker link, but I rarely play).....With that said, I'd probably still do it again.

  11. #8
    Doolally's Avatar
    Doolally is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,584
    Thanks
    501
    Thanked 732 Times in 572 Posts

    Default

    If referrals is your goal then why not build the best affiliate site available showing newbies how to build a gambling affiliate portal and market it. You can then actively seek referrals with your targeted traffic.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doolally For This Useful Post:

    sweetbet (13 December 2015), TraceyL (13 December 2015)

  13. #9
    TraceyL's Avatar
    TraceyL is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2015
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Africa!
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 34 Times in 25 Posts

    Default

    I think Doolally has hit the nail on the head here.
    TraceyL

    "If at first you do succeed, try something harder"

    Lotteries of the World

  14. #10
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,872
    Thanks
    2,043
    Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,324 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamix View Post
    Sounds like SIGNUP EXCHANGE? You find someone (who may or may not be a friend) who has something your interested in and you have something that they are interested in. Hence you agree to click each other's referral links and collect commission off of each other.

    I don't know any webmasters that well. I did do the above kind of exchange before once. Can't say it was a great mutual benefit (I had to click his poker link, but I rarely play).....With that said, I'd probably still do it again.
    Something like that, but not play but promote. We sign up as affiliates, not as players. Great benefit it isn't. I guess I make about $ 100 a month with it. But why throw that away?

    The idea of TraceyL is tried by many I guess. Point is you need to compete with websites with a lot of history like for example also GPWA where is all the information. Most newbies also do not succeed in the end. I guess many of them start with the idea to make a few k a month in quite a short time and quit disappointed after 2 or 3 months if they see there daily hard work isn't paying out already.

  15. #11
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,824
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    I thought about building a gambling sponsor directory but I'm not sure how profitable that would be. I'd need monster targeted traffic and tons of profitable sub-affiliate signups to make it worth my while.

  16. #12
    JackTenSuited is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2004
    Posts
    1,013
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 334 Times in 207 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbet View Post
    I thought about building a gambling sponsor directory but I'm not sure how profitable that would be. I'd need monster targeted traffic and tons of profitable sub-affiliate signups to make it worth my while.
    me too, far less competition but obviously far far smaller target audience.

  17. #13
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Q. How do sub-affiliates get referrals?

    A. The same way that they get players.

    By writing quality and informative content that answers the questions of the reader that creates a sense of trust that makes the reader actually WANT to click through and join up and start playing / affiliating ...

    Writing cookie-cutter text and slapping up a pay now / join now link? Not so effective.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •