Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Franky's Avatar
    Franky is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2016
    Location
    Belgrad
    Posts
    104
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts

    Lightbulb What did you stop paying for in the last year because AI rewrote your stack?

    Genuine question because I'm curious if it's just me or this is happening everywhere.

    In the last 12-18 months, AI coding tools (Claude Code, Codex, Cursor, that family) got good enough that I've quietly stopped paying for a bunch of stuff I used to consider essential. Not on principle, just because it's now faster and cleaner to ask an agent to write the exact thing I need than to buy a bloated plugin or pay for a SaaS that does 80% of what I want plus 50 features I'll never touch.

    Some examples from my own setup:
    • A custom contact-relay script instead of a Forms plugin and a transactional email service. Built in an evening, costs $0/month to run on a Worker, does exactly what I need and nothing else.
    • A redirect manager I wrote instead of buying one of the premium "link shortener" SaaS tools. Same with click logging, geo routing, A/B splits — that whole category got absorbed into one small custom layer.
    • Sprite generation and image pipelines that used to mean a designer or a complicated paid tool, now done locally by an AI-assisted script that runs on my own machine.
    • Server management itself. I used to actually log into VPSes and configure nginx. Now most of my stuff lives on Cloudflare with config-as-code and an agent that updates the configs when I ask.


    The pattern I notice — anything where the "premium plugin" or "SaaS" was charging you for assembling 20 small features into a UI, that whole layer is collapsing. The features are now cheaper to generate than to license.

    So the genuine question: what did you drop in the last year? Plugins, SaaS subs, freelancers for small jobs, server-side stuff — anything where AI made the paid option look silly? Or are you in the opposite camp where you tried it and decided the paid tools were still worth it?

    Curious where this lands for the people here actually running sites day to day.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    → Site Generator — spin up static affiliate sites in minutes, deploy anywhere.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Franky For This Useful Post:

    FictionNet (2 June 2026), Pokerface (31 May 2026)

  3. #2
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,566
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    I like the image. Impressed that all the spelling is correct.
    If you know the problems AI has with that - then you know.

    But, I've got nothing that I've replaced.
    Perhaps it's because I am an ex-coder and can keep my hand in - but I had no little tools and subscriptions to replace.

    However, I will say that I have been using free ChatGPT to create basic text boxes and css layouts within 10 seconds.
    I've not tried any of the paid tiers for coding etc, I've not seen the need.

    Oh - and Leonardo.ai produces good images so easily - great for the graphically challenged like me.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

    iso2009 (31 May 2026)

  5. #3
    dumindu is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    May 2026
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Although I have basic HTML knowledge, I had to pay for freelancers to build theme/style for my websites as I didn't know about CSS and styling. But now, I am using AI to build web pages much faster than before with more attractive themes/styling.

    I didn't have any affiliate link clicks tracker until I was able to implement an affiliate click tracker and a postback system using AI which gives me more insights such as visitors behavior, best performing web pages and CTAs etc.

    I am not paying freelancers to anymore to troubleshoot errors in my stack. AI is doing it for me.

    Applause to Claude and ChatGPT free plans for saving my money.

  6. #4
    Franky's Avatar
    Franky is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2016
    Location
    Belgrad
    Posts
    104
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts

    Default

    @TheGooner — your case is the cleanest one I've heard, honestly. Ex-coder + no SaaS subscriptions to begin with = nothing to replace, just augment. The "free ChatGPT for 10-second CSS" workflow is basically perfect for that profile. No upsell needed.

    The one thing that might be worth poking at, since you mentioned you've not seen the need for paid tiers — it's not the tier that changes the game, it's the interface. The same model in a chat window vs. the same model running as an agent in your code editor or terminal (Claude Code, Codex CLI, Cursor) are two completely different tools.

    Chat = "I dictate, then copy-paste". Agent = "here's the repo, fix the rate-limiter, run the tests, tell me what you did" — you supervise instead of dictate. For someone who can still keep their hand in, that shift can be addictive in a way the chat experience isn't.

    Not pushing it on you, just flagging in case you ever wonder why people who started with free ChatGPT eventually ended up paying for something. It's rarely the model quality. It's the interaction model.

    And cheers on noticing the spelling — that image is actually GPT's own new one-prompt image gen, not Leonardo. Same chat window, same free tier you're already using. Which is kind of the same point in a different layer: the interaction format keeps quietly shifting under everyone's feet even when the underlying model stays the same.
    → Site Generator — spin up static affiliate sites in minutes, deploy anywhere.

  7. #5
    allfreechips's Avatar
    allfreechips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Ohio - The taxing state
    Posts
    1,633
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 831 Times in 525 Posts

    Default

    Did not replace anything but made my coding days much more rewarding, for non coders its still not good enough but soon it will be as simple as make me XYZ and you will have it.
    AFC MEDIA LLC COMPLETE GAMING AFFILIATE SOLUTION
    Statsfetch.com
    secure / powerful inexpensive stats fetch system - Free for 20 provers always
    Allmediamatter
    Interface for casino owners/managers to add their affiliates and brands to feed ezcasinoaff
    Allfreechips -
    My 24 year old SEO casino site

  8. #6
    NoDepositCasinos's Avatar
    NoDepositCasinos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2022
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    1,247
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 488 Times in 402 Posts

    Default

    AI didn’t really replace any fixed costs for me, but it did remove the need to hire freelancers for one-off tasks, especially small design jobs or troubleshooting something specific in my projects. If anything, it has added a roughly $20/month subscription, which is worth it for me.
    casinobonusnewsletter.com - AMs contact me for deals

    revenueoptimization.io - DM me if you want to be featured in our blog

  9. #7
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,420
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 1,257 Posts

    Default

    Graphic Design, and complex coding.. My html and css could only go so far. Actually it's been a lifesaver with soem custom templates I have where the provider is no longe in Biz, I have been able to extend the life and/or modernise many things.


  10. #8
    fonzi1022 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    174
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts

    Default

    I'm finally able to add plugins that I've always wanted but couldn't afford.
    Come and visit me at Online Casinos 247 where we review the top Real Money Online Casinos.
    Make sure to top by USA No Deposit Casinos if you want to learn about US facing casinos.
    The best Australian Casino Bonuses are money makers for players.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to fonzi1022 For This Useful Post:

    casinobonusguy (10 June 2026)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •