Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default Fetch As Googlebot Stuck In 'Pending'

    Sometimes if I want a page indexed quickly I'll use the 'fetch as googlebot' option from within GWT - I just tried this today with a new post and it kept saying 'pending' on loop for ages.

    Any idea whats going on? The page should be reachable and I've done nothing different - is it a GWT issue or is there any other reason anyone could think of?

    Page is: http://www.bestfreebets.org.uk/footb...uary-2013.html

  2. #2
    lots0 is offline Former Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2003
    Posts
    886
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked 571 Times in 251 Posts

    Default

    I think Google WMT is having problems this morning.

    I can log in but, but no data displays, it just hangs and that little wheel just keeps spinning...

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to lots0 For This Useful Post:

    baldidiot (22 February 2013)

  4. #3
    lots0 is offline Former Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2003
    Posts
    886
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked 571 Times in 251 Posts

    Default

    Things seem to be back up now.

  5. #4
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Oh awesome, thanks - I thought it might have been something I'd done. Working fine now
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  6. #5
    slotplayer is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    1,044
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 322 Times in 252 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    Sometimes if I want a page indexed quickly I'll use the 'fetch as googlebot' option from within GWT - I just tried this today with a new post and it kept saying 'pending' on loop for ages.

    Any idea whats going on? The page should be reachable and I've done nothing different - is it a GWT issue or is there any other reason anyone could think of?

    Page is: http://www.bestfreebets.org.uk/footb...uary-2013.html
    loto's problem and the problem you are having aren't related.
    I've seen that pending problem a few times in the past. Its a WMT bug or something. You have to close the browser and try again.

  7. #6
    casinorecommender is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    390
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    Please do not miss "Fetch as Googlebot" with "Send a website to Google". It is only a reaching test. That is all. Don't you think that it wouldn't be fair if you can speed up the indexing of new page(s) ?

  8. #7
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casinorecommender View Post
    Please do not miss "Fetch as Googlebot" with "Send a website to Google". It is only a reaching test. That is all. Don't you think that it wouldn't be fair if you can speed up the indexing of new page(s) ?
    The fetch itself doesn't get it indexed, but after using the fetch tool you can submit to the index through WMT - which I've found to be one of the fastest ways to get something indexed, with the exception of a decent incoming link to the page from a site with a high crawl rate.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

    casinorecommender (28 April 2013)

  10. #8
    casinorecommender is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    390
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    I see and i know you are right but although we have done this for our several sites sometimes it takes again too long to be indexed. So Google does whenever it wants ! By the way your theme for : http://www.footballbettingsites.org.uk is wonderful in terms of simplicity and clearness. Can yous ay it's name if it is not a problem of course. All the best

  11. #9
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    It depends on the site - I have some that'll get indexed within 30 minutes of submitting, whilst others will take a few hours. I've done a few tests with multiple articles (submitting, pinging, linking etc..) and it definitely has an effect.

    Thanks for the compliment

    The shell of the site is a theme, but I can't for the life of me remember what it's called or where I got it from - it's been heavily modified though (butchered).
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  12. #10
    casinorecommender is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    390
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    I have made an indexing attempt after your recommendation and although it has been more than24 hours still waiti to be indexed. Do you reallyt hink that BIG BOSS (Google) really let us manage their bots ?!?

    By the way, could anyone tell us what is the testing of a indexed page ?

    Thanks a lot

  13. #11
    slotplayer is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    1,044
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 322 Times in 252 Posts

    Default

    I've had it stuck in the pending state before with IE. I just switch to FF and its fine.

    I would say a fast way to get a page indexed is to add it to your sig and makes some posts.

  14. #12
    thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,225
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

    Default

    I have found it quick for crawling and indexing, but actual ranking still takes a little while. if that makes sense

  15. #13
    casinorecommender is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    390
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    I have made an indexing request nearly 1 week ago thorugh Webmasters Tool but still not indexed... And believe me publishing a link on GPWA.org forum is much better for indexing speed...

  16. #14
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casinorecommender View Post
    I have made an indexing request nearly 1 week ago thorugh Webmasters Tool but still not indexed... And believe me publishing a link on GPWA.org forum is much better for indexing speed...
    True, but when you have 50 - 100 new pages a week across a network, posting them all on the forums would take the **** a bit. A decent link will always be the fastest way to do it, but my only point is that I found submitting to be faster than pinging. It still depends on the site though.

    Besides, I wasn't really trying to start a debate on the effectiveness of it - just asking if anyone had noticed an issue with the actual tool (which seems to have be fixed).
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  17. #15
    abhinavarora is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    If you want the post to be get cached quickly this is the way "www.google.com/submityourcontent/website-owner/" go to this url and here click add url, it requires your webmaster login .....Login here and then submit your url you want to get cached fill the captcha and submit,you'll get a message that
    "your url has been submitted it will be review shortly" so this is the best method to ping to google and get cached quickly

  18. #16
    muffincrumbs's Avatar
    muffincrumbs is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Neither here nor there
    Posts
    303
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    264
    Thanked 116 Times in 87 Posts

    Default

    I do not think there is a real difference between the two fetch or submit). If there is, could some explain what it would be technically?
    If you like USA online casinos consider playing for real money at https://www.mobilecasinoparty.com

  19. #17
    abhinavarora is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Fetch is basically u r trying to manually crawl the webpage through webmasters"Fetch As Google bot" this what phrase it says but submit your content means u r inviting Google bot to crawl your website naturally....so that's the basic difference

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •