Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. #1
    p.arena is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    634
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 194 Times in 146 Posts

    Default Your favourite videogame?

    Any other gamers in the forum?
    For me, I've been hooked on arcade games and console games ever since I was a kid. Was lucky enough that my dad ran an arcade games business when I was in highschool back around the time when Streetfighter 2 was at it's peak in popularity.

    He'd approach milkbars and take away shops and places like that and split the earnings with the shop every week (lol it just occurred to me that my dad was working on a rev share deal with people - must be genetic haha).

    Any time he'd buy a new game I'd end up with it in my bedroom for a few days to playtest before it would go out on a site, as well as testing them when he did repairs on them too, those were the days..

    So I've got 2 questions for you all:

    1) What is your all-time favourite videogame?
    2) What games are you playing now?

    For me, I'd say:

    1 - Streetfighter 2 the arcade machine, the original one where Guile could 'shadow throw'
    2 - Right now, though I hardly get much free time to fire up the consoles: Just Dance 3 for Wii, Rayman Origins for PS3, also recently got Uncharted 3 and SF vs Tekken for PS3 but didn't get to play them much yet. Also, Skyrim devoured about 200hrs of my life when it came out but haven't played much it since finishing the main quest.

    Keen to hear what other games you recommend

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to p.arena For This Useful Post:

    Anthony (5 September 2012)

  3. #2
    Nick.RevenueJet's Avatar
    Nick.RevenueJet is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Posts
    374
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 214 Times in 125 Posts

    Default

    Not much of a gamer. Was into MK I, II, III back in the days... today I will play any Singstar type Karaoke game.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick.RevenueJet For This Useful Post:

    p.arena (2 September 2012), Renee (3 September 2012)

  5. #3
    SlotsAff is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2007
    Posts
    810
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 143 Times in 108 Posts

    Default

    Street Fighters II was amazing - I used to use the Chun Li kick permanently! HA HA

    I also loved Streets of Rage - loved the character with the roller skates

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to SlotsAff For This Useful Post:

    p.arena (2 September 2012)

  7. #4
    F-L-C is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1,049
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked 335 Times in 256 Posts

  8. #5
    Nick.RevenueJet's Avatar
    Nick.RevenueJet is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Posts
    374
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 214 Times in 125 Posts

    Default

    @F-L-C, have you seen that amazing interview with the Tetris ace?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jA53IkHZJg

  9. #6
    dr-lag's Avatar
    dr-lag is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2012
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    1) God of War III. No doubt here.
    2) At the moment I'm playing Tekken.

  10. #7
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickstein View Post
    today I will play any Singstar type Karaoke game.
    OMG I wish you could do this over a network. Noone EVER wants to play singstar with me because they can never beat me! (I'm a singer).
    It's my favourite game. By far. I have almost every disc (except disney, wiggles and abba) and absolutely love it. Would play it every day if someone would play with me!
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  11. #8
    p.arena is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    634
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 194 Times in 146 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dr-lag View Post
    1) God of War III. No doubt here.
    yeah excellent game - I finished it pretty quickly but it was non stop action from start to finish. They're bringing out another sequel soon too. At the end of #3 it didn't look like there was much left that could happen in the series, so will be interesting to see what how the story develops for the next one.

  12. #9
    Gabriel_LCP's Avatar
    Gabriel_LCP is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1,514
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 303 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    Im more of a Fifa and NBA games type. I usually get a Fifa copy every year when it comes out.

    I played Red Dead Redemption once, it was a pretty good game but it would freeze up in the middle of some missions so I would have to start over, I got tired of that and never played it again!

  13. #10
    Ruairķ is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 36 Times in 33 Posts

    Default

    Hey Peter,

    1) What is your all-time favourite videogame?

    Wow that's a tough one, so many good memories. Think my favourite system was definitely the N64, so if I narrow down to those titles, after that I'd probably have to say Goldeneye. Some honourable mentions would include Turok 2, Banjo-Kazooie, F-Zero X, and Super Mario 64!

    2) What games are you playing now?

    Right now I'm mostly playing Fifa 12. When I can squeeze in some extra time I try to play Skyrim and Diablo 3.

    You probably weren't expecting such a hard core answer!!


  14. #11
    p.arena is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    634
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 194 Times in 146 Posts

    Default

    Yeah the N64 was really cool.

    I remember when Wave Race 64 came out the graphics for the water were so amazing at the time, comparing it side by side now with some of the newer games it doesn't hold up too well:

    Waverace64 (N64)


    Uncharted 3 (PS3)


    You know which game looks really good?
    The Last of Us - It's a survival horror game. The trailer looks like a movie like I Am Legend, or The Walking Dead:


  15. #12
    angelam's Avatar
    angelam is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    29
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    There are so many great games that I have played,
    Mario 1 2 3 / kart
    Mortal Kombat 1
    Street Fighter
    Tony Hawk
    Donkey Kong
    zelda
    Metroid
    to name a few of my all time best video games.
    onlinescratchcards.net is dedicated to online scratch cards and games like instant win online.

  16. #13
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    We have a 360 sitting on a shelf by the TV but it hasn't been plugged in after we moved and that was 2 years ago...

    When I was a student though we regularly used to stay up til 6am playing halo (first one on the old xbox).
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  17. #14
    p.arena is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    634
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 194 Times in 146 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    We have a 360 sitting on a shelf by the TV but it hasn't been plugged in after we moved and that was 2 years ago...

    When I was a student though we regularly used to stay up til 6am playing halo (first one on the old xbox).
    I haven't turned on my xbox 360 for around the same length of time, was getting the red-rings error and the machine wasn't booting up. Even worse is that xbox live continued charging me $79.95 each year for the last 2 years even though the credit card I used on their system had since expired. I thought that they wouldn't be able to continue charging me since it was the old card so didn't bother turning off the auto renewal, so, just a heads up to make sure you cancel it in case they're still charging you too.

  18. #15
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p.arena View Post
    I haven't turned on my xbox 360 for around the same length of time, was getting the red-rings error and the machine wasn't booting up. Even worse is that xbox live continued charging me $79.95 each year for the last 2 years even though the credit card I used on their system had since expired. I thought that they wouldn't be able to continue charging me since it was the old card so didn't bother turning off the auto renewal, so, just a heads up to make sure you cancel it in case they're still charging you too.
    Mine works, I just haven't played in ages.

    I never got into the whole online multi-player thing, but thanks for the heads up!
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  19. #16
    Nick.RevenueJet's Avatar
    Nick.RevenueJet is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Posts
    374
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 214 Times in 125 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    OMG I wish you could do this over a network. Noone EVER wants to play singstar with me because they can never beat me! (I'm a singer).
    It's my favourite game. By far. I have almost every disc (except disney, wiggles and abba) and absolutely love it. Would play it every day if someone would play with me!
    Well if you're going to be in BAC2012 perhaps we can arrange a tournament?
    I am not a singer, but I can definitely put up a fight if the right song comes up!

  20. #17
    BHL
    BHL is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 35 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    Favourite game, yeah hard one, could make a list of 10 to 20 games..
    Games I played the most though: anything Valve made and Civilization (1/2/3/4/5), great game to wake up the mind in the morning before starting work.

    And an old one, Dungeon Keeper 2, which I recently played even though it's 10+ years old.

    Right now I'm playing Dark Souls, Prepare to Die Edition.. And I'm sure dying a lot.. it's fun though.

    I'm also waiting for Diablo 3 to add player vs player to the game.. cause I haven't played it in months.. big disappointment.

    And I'm waiting for Hawken to be released. Free to play games are the future.. look at this.. Can you believe it's free to play?!

    Last edited by BHL; 4 September 2012 at 1:40 pm.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to BHL For This Useful Post:

    p.arena (4 September 2012)

  22. #18
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickstein View Post
    Well if you're going to be in BAC2012 perhaps we can arrange a tournament?
    I am not a singer, but I can definitely put up a fight if the right song comes up!
    I wont be at BAC unfortunately. But I will hold you to the offer
    Next time I'm at a conference, it is a sing date!
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  23. #19
    p.arena is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    634
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 194 Times in 146 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BHL View Post
    Right now I'm playing Dark Souls, Prepare to Die Edition.. And I'm sure dying a lot.. it's fun though.
    I played Dark Souls the normal version and wussed out after spending a few hours straight dying over and over early on in the game. I heard it was hard, and normally I don't give up on a game because of the difficulty but I ended up ebaying it as the cheaper alternative over chucking the controller at my tv in frustration :P

    btw awesome looking game in that vid, can't believe that's going to be free to play, amazing graphics

  24. #20
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline GPWA/APCW Program Director
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,294
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,201
    Thanked 3,609 Times in 1,901 Posts

    Default

    If we are talking old school arcade games:

    Street Fighter II
    NBA Jams
    Cyberball

    The console games I have not played much but do like Halo and Madden and the Wii sports that I play with my daughter (just can't beat her in that damn bowling game).
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •