Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1. #1
    wolfie is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    341
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 315 Times in 153 Posts

    Default How long did it take you before you had your first conversion?

    Just wondering: how long did it take you before you had your first converting customer? One week? One month? Several months? My goal is to have at least one conversion in the first 3 months and 10 depositing customers within six months. Yesterday I had a visitor that viewed 12 pages, which is about 10 more than average since my site went live one month ago. I felt quite proud as I have been very busy making great content. Now, for that first depositing player...

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfie For This Useful Post:

    casinoonline (21 April 2014)

  3. #2
    Scampi's Avatar
    Scampi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    855
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 304 Times in 180 Posts

    Default

    "Build it and they will come"
    I can't remember exactly because I had a reader base from using Adsense before converting to affiliate programs, but it is a great feeling when you get your first depositor.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Scampi For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (15 April 2014)

  5. #3
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,898
    Thanks
    896
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    I think I got one within a couple of weeks on my first site but then it kind of bombed after an initial promising start.

    It took me ages to actually 'get it', i.e. the art of affiliate marketing and conversions. Coming from a tech angle I was always into building websites and it took me about 2-3 years before the other important 'money making' aspects caught up.

    Therefore my advice is stick at it, if you do well quickly great - if not, keep going, some get it quicker than others, but when the penny drops, sometimes it can drop big time.

  6. #4
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,824
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    It took a month or so, but this was back in 2000.

  7. #5
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline GPWA/APCW Program Director
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,294
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,201
    Thanked 3,609 Times in 1,901 Posts

    Default

    It took me two weeks and two days in 2002.

    It will happen, once you get that first player you will catch yourself checking your stats all the time to watch the activity.
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


  8. #6
    Christiaan's Avatar
    Christiaan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 486 Times in 336 Posts

    Default

    It depends on many different things (targeted country, language, content, affiliate program, ...). And a bit of luck that the right person ends up on your website.

    The market is hard. You'll need a lot of patience and perseverance.

  9. #7
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 840 Times in 617 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan View Post
    .... And a bit of luck that the right person ends up on your website.

    The market is hard. You'll need a lot of patience and perseverance.
    Definitely this is great advice. If you crack it early you're laughing, but the most likely scenario is it will take many months (again depending on who is arriving at your site and how).

    It's taken me two years to get first depositors on my current site, though only the last 6-8 months of that with focused building.

  10. #8
    F-L-C is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1,049
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked 335 Times in 256 Posts

  11. #9
    Fortune Palace's Avatar
    Fortune Palace is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2007
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    409
    Thanks
    97
    Thanked 137 Times in 91 Posts

    Default

    Two months for the first one, then another six months for the second!

    Great feeling when you get that initial player (I've still got a copy of the cheque I got sent!) but just keep your head down, keep developing your site and the players will slowly start to accrue.

    Good luck!
    Andy

    fortunepalace.co.uk - Fortune Palace | Online Casino Strategy Guide

    Fortune Palace on Twitter
    Fortune Palace's YouTube channel

  12. #10
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    I honestly haven't got a clue - my first site was a single page list of poker rooms on the prima (now microgaming) network that I set up and then forgot about. Received a random payment to my neteller a few months later (from Fortune Affiliates I think), but I have no idea when they signed up.

    It was a couple of years before I actually started affiliating properly, from then I think it was about 2 months.

    Basically, just keep on trucking and you'll get there!
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  13. #11
    grem's Avatar
    grem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Location
    CBN
    Posts
    1,450
    Blog Entries
    19
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 389 Times in 204 Posts

    Default

    3 months, it is different for everyone and the niche they have.

  14. #12
    Doolally's Avatar
    Doolally is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,584
    Thanks
    501
    Thanked 732 Times in 572 Posts

    Default

    I think I was about 6 months or so.

    To be honest, it was a miracle because I didn't even really realise what I was trying to do or that I was trying to make much money. I was really just trying this new-fangled (to me) internet technology to see if I could build a site! It just happened that I liked playing casino games but the site could have been about anything randomly interesting to me really.

  15. #13
    Moonlight Cat's Avatar
    Moonlight Cat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Posts
    1,986
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,234
    Thanked 1,181 Times in 675 Posts

    Default

    Year: 2009
    Market: Russia & CIS Countries.
    First Real Money Player: 4 Months.

  16. #14
    feelthenoize is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2014
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    Still waiting
    www.playfantasysportsdaily.com - daily fantasy sports site reviews

  17. #15
    wolfie is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    341
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 315 Times in 153 Posts

    Default

    Thanks everybody. I just had my first registration. Even though this customer did not deposit yet, I feel this is a small milestone. Kind of like a yardstone, if you will. Just wondering, feelthenoize, are you generating some traffic and how long have you been online with your site? It looks great (the header looks fantastic) but maybe you need some real call to actions, maybe a countdown to some of the big events and/or put the news items on the front page, instead of tucked away. Also, if you don't mind me saying: on the Draft Kings review at the bottom of the page, it says "(enter affiliate here)". I'm guessing you forgot to put in the affiliate link.

  18. #16
    good4bonus's Avatar
    good4bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    portugal
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 102 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    3 months in the 1st site and 6 months in the 2nd site

  19. #17
    feelthenoize is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2014
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    wolfie - thanks so much for the feedback and catching that on the draftkings review. It has been about 3 months for my site. Gotta keep plugging away.
    www.playfantasysportsdaily.com - daily fantasy sports site reviews

  20. #18
    good4bonus's Avatar
    good4bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    portugal
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 102 Times in 64 Posts

  21. #19
    xecutable's Avatar
    xecutable is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,979
    Thanks
    583
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 708 Posts

    Default

    Congrats on your first registration. Remember that no two stories might be the same, so not seeing "results" should not discourage you in any way. Just keep that in mind if things stall. I received my first registration on the 6th month and my first real check (to cover ALL of my expenses) on the 2nd year so yeah, I had lots and lots and lots of opportunities to GIVE up.

    Lots of nay sayers along the way too. You gotta be like those race horses with the eye covers, looking just ahead of you.

    Once again congrats on the registration, and keep being productive and persistent as LUCK has NOTHING to do with it. It's all hard work if you ask me.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to xecutable For This Useful Post:

    wolfie (23 April 2014)

  23. #20
    wolfie is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    341
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 315 Times in 153 Posts

    Default

    Thank you for the great advice! I have made a to do list with (at least two) weekly structural posts with a recurring fformat and I want to review at least two slots/casinos per week. If I have enough discipline. within a year I will have 100+ full reviews and 100+ quality posts. I am also planning two write at least 4 EPIC posts that go all out with 2.000+ words of quality copy, outgoing links, images, comparisons and maybe some infographics. Although there are a lot of affiliate sites on the Dutch market, I think there are not a lot of real quality affiliate sites that go beyond "Gee, this new slot just out" or "Check this bonus!". Lots of plans!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •