Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Lucky Bob's Avatar
    Lucky Bob is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2011
    Location
    Niagara Falls area - Canada
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts

    Default Is 11 days a long time to wait when....?

    As a newer affiliate I'm just wondering......

    Is 11 days a long to wait for an email reply from an AM when you're concerned that your site isn't being tracked by their site? Am I being impatient?

    To me it seems like a legitimate concern that I'd like someone to look into sooner than later.

    I can't imagine it to be anymore complicated to check into than it is for me to check may stats.

    I've sent two follow-up emails; nine and ten days after my first email (all weekdays.)

    Thanks,
    Lucky Bob

  2. #2
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Perhaps you should try contacting them another way or contacting someone else in their company.
    If they have a rep here, PM them or ask Steven to get in touch with them for you to see if they got your emails. Otherwise see if you can find them on facebook or a skype or msn for them.

    It's possible that although you've sent multiple emails, they are not getting through or are arriving in their spam box. So if it was me, I'd try everything before I came to the conclusion that they were ignoring me

    Cheers
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    Lucky Bob (14 June 2012)

  4. #3
    Lucky Bob's Avatar
    Lucky Bob is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2011
    Location
    Niagara Falls area - Canada
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Thanks Renee. Good advice. I'll try the skype machine as I think the AM lives there.

    Cheers,

  5. #4
    Lucky Bob's Avatar
    Lucky Bob is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2011
    Location
    Niagara Falls area - Canada
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    UPDATE:

    Well I did hear back from the AM.

    Apparently I need to do more homework since their site only tracks sign-ups and depositing players and not clicks. (??)

    I've not heard of that before and I made the assumption that clicks would be tracked - making an ass out of me and umption.

    Cheers,

  6. #5
    F-L-C is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1,049
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked 335 Times in 256 Posts

  7. #6
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    Is 11 days a long to wait for an email reply from an AM
    Yes.

    It should raise a great big flag.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

    Smoking (18 June 2012)

  9. #7
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,999
    Thanks
    4,544
    Thanked 9,298 Times in 5,982 Posts

    Default

    I hate the programs that don't track clicks.....

    And I don't care for the ones that track them but don't show campaigns with the clicks....although I still use a few of them they get less exposure overall than the ones that give me detailed stats with campaigns from the moment the visitor arrives....

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  10. #8
    Golan.WingateAff's Avatar
    Golan.WingateAff is offline Restricted Account
    Join Date
    June 2012
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    I think 11 days are far too long to wait for a reply even if its just to let you know that they're checking the matter and will notify you when they have an answer.. thats the least you'd expect atleast IMO

  11. #9
    Lucky Bob's Avatar
    Lucky Bob is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2011
    Location
    Niagara Falls area - Canada
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for your replies.
    I may not always answer email RIGHT away but I never wait that long. Flags have been raised with this and the lack of detailed tracking. What it boils down to for me is that this industry NEEDS openness and transparency.
    I'm "THIS close" to dropping them.

    Thanks again,

  12. #10
    lowrisk is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2011
    Posts
    801
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 180 Times in 132 Posts

    Default

    I have had to wait 7-10 working days for things to happen, or to receive information. Usually, it's a worst case scenario that it will take that long. It's normally just best to be patient and leave them be, unless they take longer than they originally say they will.

  13. #11
    rak's Avatar
    rak
    rak is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    January 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,123
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 334 Times in 258 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    I hate the programs that don't track clicks.....

    And I don't care for the ones that track them but don't show campaigns with the clicks....although I still use a few of them they get less exposure overall than the ones that give me detailed stats with campaigns from the moment the visitor arrives....

    Rick
    Universal4
    Programs that dont track clicks, or show clicks stats my campaign - tell me about it! Our last affiliate platform didn't have that, it something we wanted, and it never arrived. So we ended ditching them in May.

    Some marketing items are just standard these days, clicks, campaigns, player stats and reporting. And I think software providers who don't provide those tools to their affiliate program clients, will continue to lose them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •