Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. #1
    Sam S's Avatar
    Sam S is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2025
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Smile How can we start an affiliate website?

    Hi everyone,

    I’m really searching for guidance and input from others, who have done this before, of how to start an affiliate website, particularly in the gambling/casino niche, but honestly, I think a few ideas from another field would be quite helpful.
    I want to know what the main steps are and what kind of preparation is needed before the release.

    My consideration list would be like this, in order of importance, if I did research work:

    Pick a Niche & Audience – To begin with, it is advisable to pick a certain area of focus (like casino reviews, betting tips, or payment methods) and then make your content.
    Afterward, you can define your audience.As an example, some sites are directing their content towards players from Ireland while others are creating mobile-friendly casinos for on-the-go users.

    Domain & Hosting - The procedure of finding a reliable hosting provider, installing a security certificate, and having a domain that is both niche-specific and easy to remember.

    Website Setup - Maybe WordPress or other CMS that comes with SEO-friendly plugins .Just a good design, fast loading, and mobile optimization look like the basics.
    Content Creation – Well-researched, original articles (reviews, guides, bonus info, news).Besides comparison tables and FAQs also draw a large number of visitors from affiliate traffic.

    Affiliate Programs – Sign up with reputable affiliate networks or directly with casinos.Definitely, checking the commissions, how the payments are made, and the trustworthiness of the company should be of your top priorities.

    SEO & Travels (Traffic) Growth – Just the normal stuff, i.e.keyword research, optimization of page content, link building, and if you want to, a bit of social media or email marketing for promotion.

    Legal & Compliance – Adhering to by rules for the market (e.g., gambling has strict advertising laws, particularly in Ireland/UK).

    Tracking & Analytics – Employing programs to count clicks, conversions, and to refine what is working best.

    Eventually, I would like to know about people who are currently in possession of affiliate websites:

    - What was the major difficulty in your startup when you began?


    - Are you in favor of commencing with a small (single niche) or wide variety of topics?

    - Are there any gambit pitfalls within the gambling affiliate universe?

    You sharing of your thoughts is something I am looking forward to – it would be really supportive of those of us intending to construct something that lasts in this area!

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,991
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    Welcome to the GPWA.

    How can we start an affiliate website?
    I’m really searching for guidance and input from others,
    Start by reading through the GPWA.

    Every single question or though you asked has been covered here for a little over 20 years.

    Although you asked a number of good questions, it will not be handed to you on a platter as a single answer.

    I am sure that there can be good suggestions for some of the points you want help with, but most of them have been covered in various different threads here over the years.

    Rick
    Universal4

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (13 September 2025), MichaelBluejay (26 September 2025), ocreditor (11 September 2025)

  4. #3
    allfreechips's Avatar
    allfreechips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Ohio - The taxing state
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 831 Times in 525 Posts

    Default

    Your out of your league on this..,

    There is no more entry level casino affiliate site start ups. if you love online casino and gambling in general then follow that with a site, if your looking to make a profit as a job without the actual love move on.

    If you move on, look at high speed, avoid wp, go with straight javascript site on serverless hosting. Use AI as it appears it works now, but tons of links but in a slow manner. Nobody will tell you what works so keep that in mind.
    AFC MEDIA LLC COMPLETE GAMING AFFILIATE SOLUTION
    Statsfetch.com
    secure / powerful inexpensive stats fetch system - Free for 20 provers always
    Allmediamatter
    Interface for casino owners/managers to add their affiliates and brands to feed ezcasinoaff
    Allfreechips -
    My 24 year old SEO casino site

  5. #4
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 840 Times in 617 Posts

    Default

    Yeah you're way too broad on this. It's possible to answer each point, but collectively it would take someone a week to type up the answers to each one with the degree of accuracy and value needed. Plus you'd only be getting that one persons viewpoint, which may or may not be fully accurate. And each one, (aside from one or two) has multiple complex nuances. People just don't have the time to go this broad.

    Suggest break it down. But when you start to do that, it makes it easier to search back, because as Rick says, they've almost all been covered (even in recent years).

    You've already started anyway, right? So you'll have some early experience. If the core issue is you're not sure if you're on the right track with those first sites, then try taking a look at high performing competitors for those topics. Choose the 'right' competitors, and you'll get a good view of what's needed (though also recognize that things are changing rapidly and what happens now might be close to unrecognizable in 2 years time, or maybe less).

  6. #5
    Sam S's Avatar
    Sam S is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2025
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Thank you for your reply! I fully understand that many of these questions have been discussed here for years, and GPWA has built up a huge amount of valuable knowledge. At the same time, as a new member, I also realize that new people will always be joining the community, and many of them will return to these same questions again.
    I’ll definitely take the time to go through the GPWA threads and resources, as I’m sure there’s a lot of helpful information to discover. I really appreciate the guidance and look forward to learning from the experience of the more seasoned members here.

  7. #6
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,816 Times in 2,157 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam S View Post
    Thank you for your reply! I fully understand that many of these questions have been discussed here for years, and GPWA has built up a huge amount of valuable knowledge. At the same time, as a new member, I also realize that new people will always be joining the community, and many of them will return to these same questions again.
    I’ll definitely take the time to go through the GPWA threads and resources, as I’m sure there’s a lot of helpful information to discover. I really appreciate the guidance and look forward to learning from the experience of the more seasoned members here.
    Just give up and do not spam. Just read about how the industry is dead and that should be enough.

    Maybe I am paranoid, but I think every new carbon copy poster with <20 posts is AI.
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (13 September 2025), DanHorvat (27 October 2025)

  9. #7
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,451
    Thanks
    9,153
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    @Sam S - It will be extremely hard if you're thinking of just starting up now, as a new casino affiliate. Many of us started 20+ years ago.

  10. #8
    Sam S's Avatar
    Sam S is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2025
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Thanks a lot for the detailed feedback.
    That makes perfect sense. I understand that my original post was far too broad, and it would be unrealistic to expect anyone to cover all of those points in one go)
    But I also understand that our world is already filled with many things and a lot of niches are occupied and have been developing for many years and have colossal experience, but still new people come and start doing the same actions, and maybe something else, to develop niches on part.

    You’re right about looking at high-performing competitors and start breaking things down into smaller—I’ve already started digging into that.
    Thanks for recomendation.

  11. #9
    Sam S's Avatar
    Sam S is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2025
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for your honest take
    I get where you’re coming from — the casino affiliate space isn’t “entry level” anymore, and I don’t expect quick wins. I actually do enjoy the online casino niche.That said, I know it’s a crowded field.
    I also take your advice on AI + links seriously. AI is a great tool, but I know it’s not a shortcut — the real work is still building trust, authority, and value.
    I don’t expect anyone to hand over a full playbook, but even hearing where the pitfalls are helps me and all new participants who see this shape my direction.

  12. #10
    Sam S's Avatar
    Sam S is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2025
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for sharing your perspective
    I get what you mean about the casino affiliate space being tough — it’s definitely not the same as it was years ago. The market is saturated, and without passion for the topic it’s hard to stay consistent with content and stand out.
    That said, I think there’s still room for new affiliate projects if someone approaches it smartly.

  13. #11
    Sam S's Avatar
    Sam S is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2025
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    I’m not in this case to spam.
    I repeat, I don't think that new people can't enter those niches that are already developed, and even more so, give up and not try. In any case, everyone gets either experience or what they were going for. It all depends on how they do it.
    I also don’t believe the industry is “dead.”
    It’s tougher, for sure, but I believe that what are some approaches that might work if you put in the time.
    Whether this is an experience or not, time will tell. Appreciate the straight talk.

  14. #12
    allfreechips's Avatar
    allfreechips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Ohio - The taxing state
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 831 Times in 525 Posts

    Default

    Good luck Sam, if you have a passion for it make it happen!
    AFC MEDIA LLC COMPLETE GAMING AFFILIATE SOLUTION
    Statsfetch.com
    secure / powerful inexpensive stats fetch system - Free for 20 provers always
    Allmediamatter
    Interface for casino owners/managers to add their affiliates and brands to feed ezcasinoaff
    Allfreechips -
    My 24 year old SEO casino site

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to allfreechips For This Useful Post:

    Sam S (23 September 2025)

  16. #13
    betizen's Avatar
    betizen is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2021
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Just not start yet another spammy site, try to think about the user. Explore new ideas. Go for low competition keywords even if they do not have much traffic. Understand that (unfortunately) iGaming affiliate sites move up in organic by implementing backlinks "strategies" (which Google "bans" but still...) so have a "strategy" in place. Try to avoid costly (and/or slow) Wordpress, if have any development capabilities use SSGs. Enjoy the ride. Share your experience.
    Karma, merit & proof-of-work for iGaming, Forex & Binaries - List your platform, spread good karma!

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to betizen For This Useful Post:

    Sam S (16 September 2025)

  18. #14
    NoDepositCasinos's Avatar
    NoDepositCasinos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2022
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    1,246
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 488 Times in 402 Posts

    Default

    If you decide to move forward, I suggest running the numbers first. Nobody can tell you when you will start making profits or how much they will be, not even if you do everything right. Can you afford to invest time, effort, and money over a long period without seeing returns? Do you have a way to cover your expenses in the meantime?

    I appreciate that you’re willing to put in the effort and that you see the worst-case scenario as a learning experience, but don’t lose sight of your current reality. I wish you the very best of luck, and I’ll be keeping an eye on your posts in case there’s anything I can help with.
    casinobonusnewsletter.com - AMs contact me for deals

    revenueoptimization.io - DM me if you want to be featured in our blog

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to NoDepositCasinos For This Useful Post:

    Sam S (16 September 2025)

  20. #15
    Sam S's Avatar
    Sam S is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2025
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Yep, that sounds good. We are using Astro and Next (ISR), and we’re considering Gatsby as an alternative, but we’re not sure if it will still be around in the next couple of years. Could you please tell me when, in your opinion, is the best time to start adding backlinks to the site?

  21. #16
    Sam S's Avatar
    Sam S is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2025
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Yeah, we’ve already spent some time building templates and setting up a headless CMS(and of course we are ok to works without profits even 9-12 months or even more) , and we’re definitely okay with investing more time and budget into backlinks. Based on your experience, what’s the best way to grow:

    • create 5–10 sites and then improve content with blog posts, new pages, and updates to existing pages,
      or
    • build one site at a time, see which one gets traffic, and then focus on adding backlinks and concentrating efforts there?

  22. #17
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,991
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam S View Post
    Yep, that sounds good. We are using Astro and Next (ISR), and we’re considering Gatsby as an alternative, but we’re not sure if it will still be around in the next couple of years. Could you please tell me when, in your opinion, is the best time to start adding backlinks to the site?
    Just one of the many places this is covered.
    https://www.gpwa.org/forum/when-do-y...te-269950.html

    Rick
    Universal4

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Sam S (17 September 2025)

  24. #18
    Sam S's Avatar
    Sam S is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2025
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Thanks you very much, really helpful!

  25. #19
    OnlineProxy is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2025
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Starting an affiliate website in the gambling or casino niche involves a few important steps.First,choose your niche,such as casino reviews or sports betting,and figure out who your audience is.Next step,get a reliable domain and hosting with good security and use a simple CMS like WordPress to manage your site and improve SEO.Creating great content is key,so write detailed,helpful articles that your audience will find valuable,sign up for trusted affiliate programs that offer good commissions,and make sure you follow the local gambling laws.Last,use analytics to track your progress and keep improving your site by focusing on SEO, building links, and staying active on social media

  26. #20
    Sam S's Avatar
    Sam S is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2025
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Good summary �� Thanks for laying it out so clearly — focusing on niche, content, and compliance really does seem like the foundation. I’ll keep those steps in mind as I move forward.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Sam S For This Useful Post:

    betizen (23 September 2025)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •